Thread: Ice-T calls out Amazon after he ‘almost shot’ one of their delivery drivers

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Ice-T calls out Amazon after he ‘almost shot’ one of their delivery drivers

By Mariah Haas, Fox News

Ice-T has a suggestion for Amazon.

On Tuesday, the rapper-actor took to Twitter to explain an incident that occurred at his home Monday night involving one of the e-commerce giant’s delivery drivers.

The 61-year-old star said he “almost shot” an Amazon courier who was delivering a package at his place on Monday because the individual wasn’t wearing a uniform.

“Message To Amazon: Now that you have regular people making your home deliveries … maybe they should wear a Vest with AMAZON DELIVERY on it. … I almost shot a MF creeping up to my crib last night…. Just sayin,” Ice-T said.

In a separate post, a social media user asked Ice-T if the delivery driver was wearing a uniform. His answer? Again, no.

“No. They don’t wear ANY uniform. Just regular people workin,” he noted before clarifying that he isn’t “mad at them.”

“Just sayin. That s–t ain’t safe..,” he added.

In response to Ice-T’s tweet, Amazon’s vice president of operations, Dave Clark, wrote back: “Just sayin … thanks for the suggestion. We MF’ing love you and our drivers.”

“Lots of innovations coming on this and many that already exist to help you track your package and delivery on a map,” he added, referring to the company’s Map Tracking feature. “Thanks for being a customer.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I don't disagree at all. I have signage on my car, most do not. I always wear reflective vest or coat. But Amazon labeled clothing would help tremendously. Guess what. They'd make us pay for it. And drivers won't adopt if that's the case.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-22-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I don't disagree at all. I have signage on my car, most do not. I always wear reflective vest or coat. But Amazon labeled clothing would help tremendously. Guess what. They'd make us pay for it. And drivers won't adopt if that's the case.
    It's ridiculous that Amazon can't supply something cheap for their drivers to wear to identify yourself. Wearing the reflective vest is a very good idea.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    It's ridiculous that Amazon can't supply something cheap for their drivers to wear to identify yourself. Wearing the reflective vest is a very good idea.
    The problem becomes winter. They should provide a vest, but even some of the food delivery companies make you buy the delivery bags. It's ridiculous.

But there is no reason Amazon couldn't at least offer reward credits for routes completed that can be used to buy Amazon delivery gear.

Tp the plus side, they are converting the vans to labeled "Prime" vans with some driver uniforms. It's the flex drivers that are not being addressed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Fuck Amazon. The only good thing about them is that they give Rainbow a job.. A job where Ice-T almost shot him.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-22-2019), RBP (05-22-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Fuck Amazon. The only good thing about them is that they give Rainbow a job.. A job where Ice-T almost shot him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    confused?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2019)