Thread: AOC called out by meteorologist after linking DC tornado warning to climate change

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Dumb AOC called out by meteorologist after linking DC tornado warning to climate change

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., took to social media on Thursday during a tornado warning in Washington, D.C., and swiftly tried to connect it to climate change -- prompting one meteorologist to call her out for not knowing "the difference between weather and climate."

The freshman congresswoman began by sharing a video on Instagram briefly showing the conditions outside, as heavy rains drenched the region and prompted a brief, and rare, tornado warning inside the Beltway.

“There's people stuck outside. We need to get them out,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “This is crazy."

The Green New Deal advocate then shared a story published by PBS in March questioning if climate change makes tornadoes worse and put emphasis on a quote from the piece that read, "Rather than lie squarely in the Great Plains, America’s tornadoes appear to be sliding into the Midwest and Southeast."

The tornado warning followed a devastating tornado in Missouri's capital of Jefferson City the night before.

"Tornadoes are challenging to link to climate change links due to their nature (geographically, limited, acute patterns, how they form, etc.)," Ocasio-Cortez told her followers as she reviewed the article. "But we DO know that tornadoes HAVE been changing. They are no longer being limited to the Great Plains, and are shifting to other regions of the country."

“The climate crisis is real y’all … guess we’re at casual tornadoes in growing regions of the country,” she later wrote on Instagram.

Meteorologist Ryan Maue, though, argued that she was confusing climate change with "weather" in the capital region.

"The Congresswoman @AOC does not know the difference between weather and climate," wrote Maue. "Let's try an easy analogy: Weather is what outfit you wear heading out the door. Climate is your closet wardrobe."

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    Tornadoes have been a possibility down where I'm at as long as I've been here. That's 28 years. I know people that have been here far longer than me that would say they've always been a possibility. I don't know what the hell this idiot means by this "sliding into the Southeast" horseshit. Fucking moron.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Tornadoes have been a possibility down where I'm at as long as I've been here. That's 28 years. I know people that have been here far longer than me that would say they've always been a possibility. I don't know what the hell this idiot means by this "sliding into the Southeast" horseshit. Fucking moron.
    You don't know, she's smarter than all of us

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    she's smarter than all of us

Ok.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts