Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California Assembly OKs health care for immigrants in US illegally (They mean ILLEGAL ALIENS)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

Dumb California Assembly OKs health care for immigrants in US illegally (They mean ILLEGAL ALIENS)

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:13AM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The California Assembly voted Tuesday to extend the state's Medicaid program to eligible adults who are in the country illegally.

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to spend about $98 million a year to cover low-income immigrants between the ages of 19 and 25 who are living in the country illegally. The state Senate's budget proposal would also add coverage for people 65 and older living in the country illegally.

The state Assembly's bill would cover all immigrants in California living in the country illegally over the age of 19.

But Newsom has raised concern about the assembly's bill because it is estimated to cost more than $3 billion a year.

The bill passed 44-11.

The proposed law, Assembly Bill 4, goes next to the state Senate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Give them jobs on the high speed rail.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (06-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I hope your Senate isn't this stupid.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I hope you're not that naive.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (06-04-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I hope you're not that naive.
    I was originally gonna post the first response in this thread, but I couldn't decide between my old tried-and-true comedic response, or a ruthlessly vicious response. I decided to sit on it for a while. No, I'm not that naive. And I'm currently back to deciding whether I should go with the standard humorous where Porky's concerned, or ruthlessly vicious. I think I'll sit on it for a little while longer.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was originally gonna post the first response in this thread, but I couldn't decide between my old tried-and-true comedic response, or a ruthlessly vicious response. I decided to sit on it for a while. No, I'm not that naive. And I'm currently back to deciding whether I should go with the standard humorous where Porky's concerned, or ruthlessly vicious. I think I'll sit on it for a little while longer.
    That's okay, Illinois has gone full retard also.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, the (D) have a super majority. You can count on them to keep passing stupid shit like this, while my insurance gets shittier and more expensive.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Yeah, the (D) have a super majority. You can count on them to keep passing stupid shit like this, while my insurance gets shittier and more expensive.
    But don't you sleep better at night knowing the illegals are well taken care of with your tax dollars?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fair assumption

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,843 Times in 8,181 Posts
    At the risk of being called a slaver again by RBP, here's the best plan:

Let them in under the proviso they help build the wall. Create small apartment cities and give them places to live and a food allowance.

Then create contracts where they have to work so many months/years building the wall, in order to work off their illegality...

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT HAL!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    At the risk of being called a slaver again by RBP, here's the best plan:

Let them in under the proviso they help build the wall. Create small apartment cities and give them places to live and a food allowance.

Then create contracts where they have to work so many months/years building the wall, in order to work off their illegality...

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT HAL!
    Slaver

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,843 Times in 8,181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Slaver
    Shut up you loser.

Good thing I have to go and make some disparaging Tweets to the mayor of London.

Otherwise

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

NFL legend Herschel Walker slams California bill aiming to give health care benefits to some illegal immigrants

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker on Monday slammed California over a proposed bill that would give healthcare benefits to some illegal immigrants who live in the state.

Under an agreement between Gov. Gavin Newsom and Democrat lawmakers in the state legislature, low-income adults between the ages of 19 and 25 living in the state illegally would be eligible for California’s Medicaid program, known as Medi-Cal.

The deal emerged as part of a broader $213 million budget and would take effect next January.

Walker, a former Pro Bowler who played 12 seasons in the NFL, tweeted his disapproval with the plan.

“Not to point fingers at California, but why would you give free healthcare to illegal immigrants when your streets are littered with homeless legal residents, trash, and tents. California is a beauitful place, so let’s keep it that way,” Walker wrote.

Walker’s message received more than 24,000 retweets and 78,000 likes on Twitter.

California officials have estimated the benefits would be available to about 90,000 low-income illegal immigrants at a cost of $98 million per year.

To pay for part of it, the state agreed to start taxing people who don’t have health insurance. It’s a revival of the individual-mandate penalty that had been on the books nationwide under former President Barack Obama’s health-care law until Republicans in Congress eliminated it as part of the 2017 overhaul to the tax code.

The budget agreement still must be approved by the full state legislature; a vote is expected this week. State law requires lawmakers to enact a budget by midnight on June 15. If they don’t, lawmakers would lose their pay.

Fox News’ Frank Miles and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He's done

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update CA Governor Signs Bill Extending Health Care To Illegal Immigrants

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

On Tuesday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law State Bill 104, which now extends health care benefits to illegal immigrants between the ages of 19-25, in addition to the law that already had guaranteed coverage to illegal immigrants under the age of 19.

The Hill noted, “The bill, introduced earlier this year, is estimated to cover about 90,000 low-income residents overall and comes with a roughly $98 million price tag.”

The bill states:

The federal Medicaid program prohibits payment to a state for medical assistance furnished to an alien who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or otherwise permanently residing in the United States under color of law.

Existing law requires that individuals under 19 years of age enrolled in restricted-scope Medi-Cal at the time the Director of Health Care Services makes a determination that systems have been programmed for implementation of these provisions be enrolled in the full scope of Medi-Cal benefits, if otherwise eligible. Existing law requires the department to maximize federal financial participation in implementing the provisions.

This bill would extend eligibility for full-scope Medi-Cal benefits to individuals 19 to 25 years of age, inclusive, and who are otherwise eligible for those benefits but for their immigration status. This bill would additionally require the department to claim federal financial participation to the extent that the department determines it is available, and to the extent that federal financial participation is not available, would require the department to use state funds. Because counties are required to make eligibility determinations and this bill would expand Medicaid eligibility, the bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

Newsom was elected last November; before that, last August, he said that he planned on expanding Medicare to cover every Californian, even illegal immigrants. Newsom stated:

I’d like to see if we can control our own destiny. I’m not naive about it. I did universal health care when I was mayor, fully implemented regardless of pre-existing conditions, ability to pay, and regardless of your immigration status. San Francisco is the only universal health care system for all undocumented residents in America, very proud of that. We proved it could be done without bankrupting the city. I’d like to see that we can extend that to the rest of the state.

In September, Newsom doubled down, saying, "I did universal health care when I was mayor, fully implemented, regardless of pre-existing condition, ability to pay, and regardless of your immigration status. I'd like to see that extended to the rest of the state."

President Trump, speaking at a Montana rally last September, responded to Newsom’s statement by calling out, “How about the governor, governorship of California. He just announced that he wants to open borders, and he wants to let anybody come in that wants to. And then he wants to pay for all medical, all school … What happens, I said, if the entire world decides to go to California because they get free health care, free medical care, and free education. California has just increased in size to 500 million people. I may even move to California to get free health care!”