#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Rumor John Krasinski and Emily Blunt eyed for Fantastic Four reboot

Bang Showbiz

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are being eyed for Marvel's 'Fantastic Four' reboot.

The 39-year-old actor and his wife Emily, 36, are being considered to play Reed Richards and Sue Storm in the forthcoming remake of the 2005 superhero film based on the Marvel Comics team of the same name, according to We Got This Covered.

John would portray Mister Fantastic, whilst Emily would play Invisible Woman, the wife of Richards who was the first female superhero created by Marvel during the Silver Age of Comics.

Although the pair are being eyed to star in the film, the couple are reportedly two of ''many actors'' being considered at this ''early, early stage''.

The couple previously starred alongside each other in the 2018 horror flick 'A Quiet Place' - the first time they had appeared on screen together - and are currently working on a follow up to the film, which is scheduled for release in May 2020.

Emily will return in her role as Evelyn Abbott with Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe, back as her children.

The movie follows the family in a post-apocalyptic world that has been taken over by blind monsters with an acute sense of hearing.

John, 39, previously claimed that he never intended to make a sequel and was ''mind-tricked'' into writing his idea for the next movie.

He said: ''I'll be honest with you: I really didn't want to do the sequel. It was never built to launch sequels, which we all knew, and the studio knew too. But also, I'm a realist. I know that when you have a success like this, everyone wants to make another one. I told them to go find another filmmaker and writer, and they said, 'But don't you have an idea?' I said, 'Yeah, I have a tiny idea,' so they said, 'OK, while we're talking to other people, keep thinking about it'. They basically mind-tricked me into wanting to write it.''

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    This rumor's been floating around for a couple of weeks now. There's also a rumor floating around that David Harbour's gonna be the Thing. He's already in the Black Widow movie, which is currently filming.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So does this mean that this iteration of TFF will be done under Marvel Studios instead of 20th Century Fox since Disney now owns all this?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yep. X-Men too. I'm pretty sure Marvel has access to everything that was originally theirs now, with Spider-man being the only property not under their complete control. Sony still has the rights to him and his gallery of rogues.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    He has a face like a dog.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'd be looking forward to seeing this as produced by Marvel. But I also don't hate on the other FF movies as much as a lot of people. I didn't think they were as bad as people were making them out to be. It's been awhile, but if I remember right, I enjoyed them both enough.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Movie looks good

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I'd be looking forward to seeing this as produced by Marvel. But I also don't hate on the other FF movies as much as a lot of people. I didn't think they were as bad as people were making them out to be. It's been awhile, but if I remember right, I enjoyed them both enough.
    There were issues with the films, especially the reboot, but my biggest issue with both of the FF attempts was they got Doctor Doom all wrong. He's an evil genius badass. If you look at lists of the most dangerous villains in the Marvel universe, he's usually somewhere at the top of all of the lists. Neither iteration showed him to be as dangerous as he really is, and frankly, the actors they got to play him really weren't nailing down what he's supposed to be.

Further, the sequel to the first set of movies fucked Galactus up in all kinds of ways. That was just wrong. But I digress.

I'd liken my Doctor Doom complaint to DC's John Constantine. When Keanu Reeves played him in the Constantine film, people were just happy to see somebody bring Constantine to screen. We knew he wasn't exactly like he was in the comics, and things weren't exactly like it was supposed to be, but we appreciated them acknowledging that the comic was good enough to be put on screen. But when they created the TV show and brought Matt Ryan in to play John Constantine, it was like they ripped John Constantine right off the pages of the Hellblazer comic book and dropped him in the TV show. Everybody that read the comics were saying "Keanu who?" Matt Ryan (and the writers) got John Constantine right. Attitudes, appearance, everything. Matt Ryan is John Constantine. The right actor can make all the difference. Another example: I like James McAvoy, but Patrick Stewart is Professor X. He just fits.

As an aside, I still say that Constantine film would be beyond awesome if they named it and the characters in it something else. It was a cool movie, but it wasn't a real Constantine story. Sorry, another tangent.

Anyway, there's some chatter online about Galactus becoming the next big bad for the next set of phases for the MCU. It might just be wishful thinking but if it's true, I hope they do it right.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 06-13-2019 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Movie looks good

It was good and worth a look.

Couple of things were wonky but we can discuss after seeing it if you want

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (06-13-2019)