#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Drama Customer in wheelchair fires taser at McDonald's employee in Detroit

By Steve Neavling - Detroit Metro Times

A woman in a wheelchair fired a taser at a McDonald's employee in Detroit on Thursday after complaining about poor service.

After ordering her food at 5 p.m., the customer pulled out a taser gun and pointed it at the cashier, saying she was rude and the order was taking too long. The taser missed the employee, who was not injured and later insisted she was polite.

When Wayne State University police arrived minutes later, the customer was still outraged and began yelling at officers. Police eventually calmed her down without further incident.

"We confiscated the taser," Chief Anthony Holt told the Metro Times.

The customer could be charged with felonious assault, Holt said.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,842 Times in 8,180 Posts
    I saw a site with tasers for sale (pink, leopard spot colors available ) and remembered thinking WTF for this very reason.

You gonna allow a weapon to the general public that can knock people the fuck out?? People make bad choices when they're mad...

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I've got a taser. I've had it for a long while. The agents in the law enforcement office that my Mom worked for gave it to me. They just had them laying around and they asked me if I wanted one. I said sure, I'll take one. They handed it to me and told me to be careful and not to use it unless it was absolutely necessary, or if I wanted to play a real cruel prank on one of my friends.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I've got a taser. I've had it for a long while. The agents in the law enforcement office that my Mom worked for gave it to me. They just had them laying around and they asked me if I wanted one. I said sure, I'll take one. They handed it to me and told me to be careful and not to use it unless it was absolutely necessary, or if I wanted to play a real cruel prank on one of my friends.
    Is it the kind that shoots out the little 'stingers' or is it the kind where you have to touch them with it?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Is it the kind that shoots out the little 'stingers' or is it the kind where you have to touch them with it?
    You have to touch them with it. It's a Vipertech or something along those lines. I should probably charge it. It's been sitting in a drawer for the past 3 years.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You have to touch them with it. It's a Vipertech or something along those lines. I should probably charge it. It's been sitting in a drawer for the past 3 years.
    I bought the wife one several years back, same style. She doesn't carry it much though any more.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I should have clarified and said there are certain situations that warrant one, much like guns for personal protection.

It was the ad that threw me. Similar to ads for hair removal devices and make up mirrors...they made it seem so trivial Three bright colors to choose from and matching carrying case!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I should have clarified and said there are certain situations that warrant one, much like guns for personal protection.

It was the ad that threw me. Similar to ads for hair removal devices and make up mirrors...they made it seem so trivial Three bright colors to choose from and matching carrying case!
    The one I got for the wife is pink

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (06-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Most of my relatives are farmers and we used to shock each other with cattle prods as a joke...until the incident.

One of my Uncles made his own cattle prod out of old parts. The thing was heavy and the jolt was enough to make you piss your pants.

Cousin Gary hasn't been the same since

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-17-2019), KevinD (06-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Vipertek

https://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-VTS-...CVP030BJTKP9M4

This is the exact one I have.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The one I got for the wife is pink
    Hey man there's been a few time where I had to consider throwing a punch to de-escalate a situation and wished I had a close up taser to use. (not the ones with the wires)

I think there's moments in time where a gun is too much and relying on words or a physical confrontation may be too little.

It's just the idea of our current entitled society having the ability to render people unconscious or worse that I always find worrisome.

You took the last package of Yop Yogurt you god damned heathen! Prepare to die!!! *zzzzzappppp*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hey man there's been a few time where I had to consider throwing a punch to de-escalate a situation and wished I had a close up taser to use. (not the ones with the wires)

I think there's moments in time where a gun is too much and relying on words or a physical confrontation may be too little.

It's just the idea of our current entitled society having the ability to render people unconscious or worse that I always find worrisome.

You took the last package of Yop Yogurt you god damned heathen! Prepare to die!!! *zzzzzappppp*
    A brick to the side of the head when they're not expecting it works well too. Just sayin'.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Are they legal in Canada?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A brick to the side of the head when they're not expecting it works well too. Just sayin'.
    I haven't read many stories from up here about taser incidents other that the police using one on a guy at an airport in BC who died a few years ago.

I'm all for the non fatal type of weapons by both authorities and private citizens, but I wonder if civilians have killed or injured people using them? Heart condition mishaps and similar.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In many cases, that may actually be worse than a bullet (depending on location of the GSW)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-17-2019), Hal-9000 (06-17-2019)