Thread: Customer in wheelchair fires taser at McDonald's employee in Detroit

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,838 Times in 8,177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Are they legal in Canada?
    Probably not because then you would see fans doing the wave at hockey games dropping like flies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In many cases, that may actually be worse than a bullet (depending on location of the GSW)
    Guns usually win the ease of fatality sweepstakes comparatively, but there are videos showing what one punch can do in certain extreme situations.

I clocked a guy outside of a house party with a pretty solid right hook and watched him go down and twitch a little on the ground. I was worried for about .5 of a second until I remembered he had just punched a chick and cut her face.

If you can use an object on anyone's head I think the chances are pretty good you can inflict permanent damage.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I got into a fight when I was a teenager in NJ where the guy picked up and swung a bat at me and just grazed my chin with the end of the bat as I was pulling back out of the way. He over committed and lost his balance for a second, and I picked up a garden brick and slammed it into the side of his head as hard as I could and he just dropped. The fight was over after that. He didn't get up for like 5 minutes. It would have been considerably worse for me if he had actually connected with that bat. I can't even remember what the fight was over.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I got into a fight when I was a teenager in NJ where the guy picked up and swung a bat at me and just grazed my chin with the end of the bat as I was pulling back out of the way. He over committed and lost his balance for a second, and I picked up a garden brick and slammed it into the side of his head as hard as I could and he just dropped. The fight was over after that. He didn't get up for like 5 minutes. It would have been considerably worse for me if he had actually connected with that bat. I can't even remember what the fight was over.
    Without sounding like an internet ninja, I've been in my share of fights and have taken some bad hits too.

In a theater parking lot a guy took out a tire iron and started swinging it at my friends. It was the four way variety that looked like a cross. I was lucky enough to take it away from him by corralling his swinging arm against my body and applying enough pressure so either his arm would break or he dropped the tire iron. Then I punched him really hard from up close and felt his legs go. It must have looked cool but I was really worried

I also watched a bouncer punch a guy and he dropped, never moved or got up after. They ended up calling the paramedics before we left.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts

Are they legal in Canada?
    Nah, not unless you have the highest class firearms license which civilians basically can't get. I'm guessing cattle prods are an exception.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Nah, not unless you have the highest class firearms license which civilians basically can't get. I'm guessing cattle prods are an exception.
    The didn't have any trouble in Toronto today. pew pew!
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    The didn't have any trouble in Toronto today. pew pew!
    My cousin who's a cop tells me you could go get an illegal handgun off the streets in Vancouver for a couple hundred bucks, dead easy. But god forbid I get my wife a stun gun, or worse pepper spray, for her purse

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-18-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    My cousin who's a cop tells me you could go get an illegal handgun off the streets in Vancouver for a couple hundred bucks, dead easy. But god forbid I get my wife a stun gun, or worse pepper spray, for her purse
    You can't have pepper spray in Canada either? I bought the wife that as well as the taser just because I wanted her to have something to be able to protect herself, just in case.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    What if you shot someone with a tazer and one probe stuck into each of their eyes..? I bet that would really fuck them up..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You can't have pepper spray in Canada either? I bought the wife that as well as the taser just because I wanted her to have something to be able to protect herself, just in case.
    We can have bear spray...by the gallon if we want

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    We can have bear spray...by the gallon if we want
    Ya that's the loop hole. I'm not sure what happens if you're caught with it in your bag in an urban area though.

My brother dated a girl from a small town way up north, and her dad was one of the most interesting dudes. Won a high civilian medal for shooting a bear attacking his neighbor, had some wild stories of being basically the local ranger/cop/firefighter, you name it. Anyways, he told me a story once of a friend of his discharging an entire giant canister of bear spray into a Grizzly bear's face and having it still come at him. Dude survived as the bear changed its mind and didn't skin him alive, but the bear spray didn't seem to phase a pissed of momma bear one bit. That's why even with Canada's strict gun laws, you can still apply to open carry a handgun if you live far enough in the boons.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ya that's the loop hole. I'm not sure what happens if you're caught with it in your bag in an urban area though.

My brother dated a girl from a small town way up north, and her dad was one of the most interesting dudes. Won a high civilian medal for shooting a bear attacking his neighbor, had some wild stories of being basically the local ranger/cop/firefighter, you name it. Anyways, he told me a story once of a friend of his discharging an entire giant canister of bear spray into a Grizzly bear's face and having it still come at him. Dude survived as the bear changed its mind and didn't skin him alive, but the bear spray didn't seem to phase a pissed of momma bear one bit. That's why even with Canada's strict gun laws, you can still apply to open carry a handgun if you live far enough in the boons.
    My ex sister in law used to run arctic survey crews for Esso. She showed us a video of a far north camp. It showed guys walking around doing their normal camp business and one guy sitting at the corner of a large Quonset hut doing nothing with something on his lap.

I asked who the guy in the lawn chair was relaxing and doing nothing. She explained he's the camp's hired shooter. They sit there for 12 hours per day watching the perimeter with high powered rifles in case polar bears get too close. She said they make total bank, often getting paid thousands for never taking a shot. Apparently they have everything from bear spray to traps to state of the art rifles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    My ex sister in law used to run arctic survey crews for Esso. She showed us a video of a far north camp. It showed guys walking around doing their normal camp business and one guy sitting at the corner of a large Quonset hut doing nothing with something on his lap.

I asked who the guy in the lawn chair was relaxing and doing nothing. She explained he's the camp's hired shooter. They sit there for 12 hours per day watching the perimeter with high powered rifles in case polar bears get too close. She said they make total bank, often getting paid thousands for never taking a shot. Apparently they have everything from bear spray to traps to state of the art rifles.
    That's sweet, decent gig if you're ok with boredom

Kind of a tangent now but everything up north there pays bank it seems. I had another buddy who was an ambulance attendant way up north for oil rigs. They have to have one for every so many dudes working on the rigs, so he'd sit there in his heated ambulance with a partner watching movies all day making 4x what the underpaid paramedics make here. Last I spoke to him he was trying to get the ambulance supervisor job. They have some rule like for every 3 ambulances you need a super, who gets paid $100+/hr or something outrageous like that
    Last edited by Godfather; 06-20-2019 at 12:59 AM.