Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The U.S. is 'running concentration camps on our southern border'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Dumb Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The U.S. is 'running concentration camps on our southern border'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, on Monday told her Instagram followers that the U.S. government is "running concentration camps on our southern border."

"That is exactly what they are. They are concentration camps," Ocasio-Cortez said during a live-stream that was viewed by Fox News.

Her office did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment. The freshman representative did, however, retweet a screengrab for the Q&A with a caption that praised her accessibility.

She told her followers she wants to talk to people "who are concerned enough with humanity to say that 'never again' means something."

"The fact that concentrations camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free is extraordinarily disturbing and we need to do something about it," the freshman Democrat continued.

The New York representative insisted that "we are losing to an authoritarian and fascist presidency."

"I don't use those words lightly," Ocasio-Cortez continued. "I don't use those words to just throw bombs. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is. A presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist and it's very difficult to say that."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

Nazi

We give our poor refugees a tropical holiday with start-up pack and you lock yours up! Nazis

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    We give our poor refugees a tropical holiday with start-up pack and you lock yours up! Nazis
    Right. You don't ever let them hit your shores and send them to refugee camps in another nation.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-18-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    She's getting more off the deep end. Not to mention that congress is blocking the funding to do more.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    She's getting more off the deep end. Not to mention that congress is blocking the funding to do more.
    Pipe down there Brownshirt

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Right. You don't ever let them hit your shores and send them to refugee camps in another nation.
    There's already been suggestions that Canada take the overflow of Mexican immigrants coming north.

We have opened our doors so wide to other countries, not sure if we need Spanish along with eight Asian dialects and two Farsi languages on the bank machines..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    There's already been suggestions that Canada take the overflow of Mexican immigrants coming north.

We have opened our doors so wide to other countries, not sure if we need Spanish along with eight Asian dialects and two Farsi languages on the bank machines..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I felt the Archie Bunker gene become dominant there for a second

Hey dere dingbat grab me a beer wouldya?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's just like making a phone call to almost any business or government office anymore...."To Continue in English, Press 1."

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    It's just like making a phone call to almost any business or government office anymore...."To Continue in English, Press 1."
    I probably told this story before. The NE section of our city is known as being filled with brown people. All sorts of nationalities with a focus on East Indians.

One of our production facilities was situated there and I often had to visit it. I went out for lunch one day looking for a sub shop or similar in the area.

I pulled into this medium sized strip mall and every sign was in a language other than English. Mostly Punjabi.

Without exaggeration every single sign in the mall. I couldn't tell the dry cleaners from the food places from the whatever places.

Up here we have a law. It's either English only on signs as that's our primary national language or English/French bilingual signs.

I have to say I felt a little lost in the city I've lived in for 50 years...not sure if that's right

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I probably told this story before. The NE section of our city is known as being filled with brown people. All sorts of nationalities with a focus on East Indians.

One of our production facilities was situated there and I often had to visit it. I went out for lunch one day looking for a sub shop or similar in the area.

I pulled into this medium sized strip mall and every sign was in a language other than English. Mostly Punjabi.

Without exaggeration every single sign in the mall. I couldn't tell the dry cleaners from the food places from the whatever places.

Up here we have a law. It's either English only on signs as that's our primary national language or English/French bilingual signs.

I have to say I felt a little lost in the city I've lived in for 50 years...not sure if that's right
    There's similar sections of Denver like that. One area,which is not a particularly nice section of the city, the signs are all in Spanish, everything, all the stores, the billboards, everything. You would think you were in Tijuana. Then there's a section tnhat's known locally as little Korea, and as you can tell by the name, it's nothing but Koreans and Korean businesses and all the signage is in Korean.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There's similar sections of Denver like that. One area,which is not a particularly nice section of the city, the signs are all in Spanish, everything, all the stores, the billboards, everything. You would think you were in Tijuana. Then there's a section tnhat's known locally as little Korea, and as you can tell by the name, it's nothing but Koreans and Korean businesses and all the signage is in Korean.
    Yeah I think there should be some written rule about respecting what amounts to the spoken national language in a country.

I want to say indigenous language but then that brings a whole other argument from Native Indians.

Welcoming and integrating new cultures is a process of give and take. You can't erase or stomp over the existing culture while still making it welcoming and accessible for immigrants.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Griffin (06-18-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah I think there should be some written rule about respecting what amounts to the spoken national language in a country.

I want to say indigenous language but then that brings a whole other argument from Native Indians.

Welcoming and integrating new cultures is a process of give and take. You can't erase or stomp over the existing culture while still making it welcoming and accessible for immigrants.
    Exactly, do you think if we emigrated to Mexico or India that there would be sections of whichever city we moved to like "Americatown" or "Canadaville" where everything would be just like it is here with everyone speaking English? Of course not, but that's EXACTLY what 'refugees' and the illegals that come here expect, our countries to bend to them, not the other way around.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly, do you think if we emigrated to Mexico or India that there would be sections of whichever city we moved to like "Americatown" or "Canadaville" where everything would be just like it is here with everyone speaking English? Of course not, but that's EXACTLY what 'refugees' and the illegals that come here expect, our countries to bend to them, not the other way around.
    The thing that bothers me is that immigrants often say they love Canada and dream about being Canadian. Then they get here and slowly start complaining about and changing our cultural traditions.

So what is it? Do you love Canada and want to be a Canadian, or do you want to mirror things like they were at home, some of which inspired you to leave in the first place?

Seems like a cyclical progression without end

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    At least I learned Canadian before I visited there the first time.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Pony (06-18-2019)