Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,836 Times in 8,175 Posts

PC Games PC Games

New or old, tell us about the games you like to play

Feel free to post screens, news on upcoming titles, technical problems,
    video card chat...Try to keep the discussion limited to PC gaming only,
    as there will dedicated console threads in this section as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    NOLF rules!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Does farmville count....... (just kidding...Hate that thing with passion)

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I have this old laptop that now I find won't update its virus definitions, because it's win98 - Nobody makes an anti-virus that'll run with it anymore. Plus it can't take more RAM but it's still going fine (NEC Versa VX).

So I found this program that'll turn it into a clock/alarm that looks like STTNG. Ultra geeky, but fun!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-co...lock-lcars-24/

It had a few bundled DOS games in there and Trek trivia.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Geeky is fun

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There are a million flight sims out there.I'm currently playing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.It features planes from WW2, primarily German and Russian.

There's a campaign, quick mission builder and tons of single player missions.The real cool part about this game though, is the full mission builder.
    With perhaps the most confusing and quirky interface I've ever seen The full mission builder is the shizzle.

You can put everything from stationary AA to moving trains and each AI component can be tweaked, right down to the time it does particular actions.

Building a full mission is a labor of love, but oh boy...the results are fantastic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I fucking rock at Solitaire.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    Angry Birds! Found a Pc version.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    There are a million flight sims out there.I'm currently playing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.It features planes from WW2, primarily German and Russian.

There's a campaign, quick mission builder and tons of single player missions.The real cool part about this game though, is the full mission builder.
    With perhaps the most confusing and quirky interface I've ever seen The full mission builder is the shizzle.

You can put everything from stationary AA to moving trains and each AI component can be tweaked, right down to the time it does particular actions.

Building a full mission is a labor of love, but oh boy...the results are fantastic.
    Any good new flight sims come out in the last year, or coming out soon? I'd love a new MS Combat Flight Simulator or something with awesome graphics.

I was in Futureshop today... they had a 500$ 'flight control system.' This Saitek company makes a ton of really cool, really expensive avionics gaming gear. that'd be a blast
    Last edited by Godfather; 01-30-2011 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Any good new flight sims come out in the last year, or coming out soon? I'd love a new MS Combat Flight Simulator or something with awesome graphics.

I was in Futureshop today... they had a 500$ 'flight control system.' This Saitek company makes a ton of really cool, really expensive avionics gaming gear. that'd be a blast
    I'm not sure...once I started playing Sturmovik I quit looking at other flight sims

I'm playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 again...I just love the scenario when you're back in North America at the strip mall and defending Nate's and the Burger Barn It rocks

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm not sure...once I started playing Sturmovik I quit looking at other flight sims

I'm playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 again...I just love the scenario when you're back in North America at the strip mall and defending Nate's and the Burger Barn It rocks

Soooo good. There's something so eerie about fighting a war in a video game that looks like your neighborhood as opposed to some jungle in Cambodia. The post-EMP part of the campaign in DC is awesome. One of the most memorable games I've ever played

Funny, people get uptight here when the Japanese or whoever don't want US bases near their towns anymore. I don't think most of us understand what it's like to have you home utterly annihilated. To have had your home become a war zone - even active army personal haven't had that. Those people near bases on Japanese Island who have lived it just don't want to be near a target. Not surprising it pisses them off. We just cannot understand how strong a sentiment that is unless we lived on Okinawa in '45 or something of the like.

Anyways... I'm off on a tangent as per usual

Great game, think I'll have to throw it back in. I hope MW3 comes out in the near future and is just as good. I'm still disappointed Infinity Ward has been kind of pillaged. They were IMO far superior studio to Treyarch

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like CoD Black Ops and didn't like it....there was sooooo much drama

I swear, at one point there were about 5 cutscenes in a row and I got to shoot for a grand total of 27 seconds throughout.

Don't get me wrong, the CoD franchise excels at creating mood but c'mon! If I wanted to watch a movie I'll throw in Saving Private Ryan.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

You would love the full mission builder in IL2-Sturmovik.There are about 10 main categories for planes, buildings, lights, fires, artillery and within one category...'Objects'...there are 622 choices

My friend has the game and I thought he was a total noob at creating missions (the interface is brutal).I went to his house this past Friday and he says -
    Hey hal, wanna see my mission? I thought he'd have a few planes attacking or some cargo ships floating around as targets.

OOOOOH NOOO I take off from his airport to be greeted with a scene like the opening of Saving Private Ryan.He has AA trains firing at tanks, planes shooting
    at each other, AA emplacements shooting at observation balloons, convoys of trucks shooting at trains....and us in our little plane flying through all of the carnage.
    It was amazing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

That's my game of choice.

Hey, let's get together an play a hand or two!
    Gravity Has Gotten The Best Of Me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like CoD Black Ops and didn't like it....there was sooooo much drama

I swear, at one point there were about 5 cutscenes in a row and I got to shoot for a grand total of 27 seconds throughout.

Don't get me wrong, the CoD franchise excels at creating mood but c'mon! If I wanted to watch a movie I'll throw in Saving Private Ryan.
    I know you don't agree but IF's Modern Warfare games are SOO much better than World at War and Blackops

I've stopped playing Blackops all together. Back to Bad Company 2