#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Patriarchy Employment among ‘prime age’ men declining, triggering 'alarm'

By Brittany De Lea | FOXBusiness

While the U.S. economy continues to show signs of strength and vitality, employment conditions appear to be worsening for one particular group: prime-age males.

According to experts from Deutsche Bank Research, employment for men between the ages of 25 and 54 (considered prime age) has declined by about 100,000 jobs for each of the past three months.

That’s despite the fact that the U.S. created 224,000 jobs in June. The professional and business services sector, health care, as well as transportation and housing were among the sectors with notable job gains.

Torsten Slok, chief economist and managing director at Deutsche Bank Securities, wrote in a note that the employment trend among prime-age males was an “alarm bell” in the latest jobs report.

The labor force participation rate – which is the share of all employed workers divided by the working age population – remain unchanged at 62.9 percent. The labor force participation rate among men has been on the decline, however – at 69 percent in June, down from 86.2 percent 70 years ago. On the flipside, the trend has reversed for women – the labor force participation rate for females was 57.2 percent in June, up from 32.8 percent in June, 1949.

Research from the Kansas City Federal Reserve noted that the nonparticipation rate among prime-age men rose to 11.4 percent, from 8.2 percent in the two decades ending in 2016. This study attributed the trend to a decline in demand for middle-skill workers and increasing automation, which has rendered certain skills obsolete. The researcher noted this trend was unlikely to reverse if current labor conditions hold. It could have negative effects on the U.S. economy, as well.

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said during congressional testimony on Wednesday that the opioid crisis was another factor weighing on labor force participation among younger males.

As previously reported by FOX Business, the white working class is also in decline. That’s according to researchers at the St. Louis Federal Reserve, which found between 1989 and 2016, the number of white working class families declined, along with their share of income and wealth. This change is unique among the major socioeconomic groups.

In 1989, white families accounted for 55 percent of all working-class families, but by 2016 their share had declined 13 percentage points. Over the same time period, the total income share of white working class families declined to 27 percent from 45 percent.

“Today, the white working class is greatly diminished. Alone among major socioeconomic groups defined by race, ethnicity and college degree status, the white working class shrank not only as a share of the population but even in absolute numbers over the past two decades. Their long-term economic and financial declines are even steeper,” researchers wrote.

Researchers attributed the decline to diminished advantages when compared with those of the nonwhite working class – like more years of education and plentiful high-paying jobs available in their communities.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Cant imagine why the white working class would have declined

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    That's most of us here fucked then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Does this mean I should quit my job and get on the welfare?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-11-2019), RBP (07-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You first. Let me know how that works for ya, haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    And yet the leftist think this issue is irrelevant to the election of DJT.... it's all toxic masculinity and hate, don't you know.

Only one D candidate gets this.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    And yet the leftist think this issue is irrelevant to the election of DJT.... it's all toxic masculinity and hate, don't you know.

Only one D candidate gets this.
    It's just too bad that he's a royal fucknut too.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    It's just too bad that he's a royal fucknut too.
    Not my point, I wasn't advocating for the candidate. I am simple pointing out that this is not new information, but largely ignored. The plight of lower to middle class whites is not on the radar of the far left. Hannah Rosen talked about it at some length in The End of Men and the Rise of Women, but that was before the collective economic anger of that group elected Trump.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fair enough, but is any choice for President actually going to affect things back into our favor or is this just a trough of the wave we have to sail through before things come back to "normal"?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Fair enough, but is any choice for President actually going to affect things back into our favor or is this just a trough of the wave we have to sail through before things come back to "normal"?
    I used to think it would ebb back, but I am not so sure now. Not unless we endure actual hardship in this country. These entitled kids are bored silly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So we should just start killing people...

... kidding...

... kind of....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm at the point now, I dont believe it will ebb back. I think it started with the generation before mine (beatnik/hippy/treehuggers) there was a lot wrong then, but, I believe we as a country have swung too far left. A part of my buys into the whole conspiracy "New world order" thing. I think my generation, perhaps including myself, spoiled our children too much.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

Pony (07-15-2019), RBP (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I'm at the point now, I dont believe it will ebb back. I think it started with the generation before mine (beatnik/hippy/treehuggers) there was a lot wrong then, but, I believe we as a country have swung too far left. A part of my buys into the whole conspiracy "New world order" thing. I think my generation, perhaps including myself, spoiled our children too much.
    There is no question that the "self-esteem above all" theories were abject failures.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-12-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Plus almost every college pushes this agenda

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-15-2019), RBP (07-16-2019)