#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Fail Politician duped into thinking ‘Grand Theft Auto’ stunt was real

By Lia Eustachewich - The New York Post

A Pakistani politician got duped into believing a commercial pilot pulled off a “miraculous save” by narrowly missing an oil tanker on the runway — not realizing the stunt was a simulation from “Grand Theft Auto V.”

Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, who is the secretary general of the Pakistan Awami Tehreek political party, made the embarrassing gaffe on Twitter on Friday.

“Narrow escape of an aircraft which could have ended in a great disaster. Miraculous save by the pilot’s presence of mind,” the gullible Gandapur wrote to his more than 67,000 followers.

The post included a clip of the death-defying maneuver — which shows an Airbus jetliner landing on a runway just as the oil tanker crosses its path. The clip goes into slow motion as the plane suddenly pulls up its nose and wheels to avoid slamming into the truck.

The tweet was eventually deleted — but not before the sharp-eyed Twittersphere weighed in, according to Vice.

“Couldn’t have been possible without the blessing of prophet (GTA5),” one person wrote.

Another noted, “Lol… Presence of mind or absence of mind?” with a trio of hysterical emojis.

Gandapur’s Twitter fail comes after a trio of Pakistani politicians were livestreamed at a press conference — with the cat filter turned on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Okay I'm sorry but my Archie Bunker gene is at the forefront again.

Watching the video above I get this weird form of ptsd (lower case so it's not confused with the real and serious counterpart) as I listen to a brown voice while I watch a commercial airliner fly low within busy city streets.

Few years after 9/11 Microsoft had a flight simulator which allowed people to fly routes over NYC using a variety of planes including commercial passenger jets. Some fuckwad recorded a vid showing him piloting one into the WTC.

Yeah I'm a wuss, but hearing this guy say - "I make a situation..." just gives me the creeps.