Thread: Bidets

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts

Bidets

Anyone got one?

Seems like they're rising in popularity in North America. I know in Europe they're everywhere but I've never actually tried one. All I know is that some days it's like wiping peanut butter out of a shag carpet. Wipe as you may, it's really just not that clean unless you shower.

Seems like there are some really easy to install, inexpensive models that hook right up to your existing toilet. Wondering if anyone has tried one? How easy did you find it to install? Are these cheaper toilet seat ones still as great as I'm hearing?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I would think the thing would drench you and then all you have to dry off with is toilet paper..

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    We have one of the toilet seat type. I've never used it. I have housed one by complete drunken mistake in Taipei City years ago. It was quite the surprise.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I would think the thing would drench you and then all you have to dry off with is toilet paper..
    That was my concern too, but this hilarious thread I read these guys were just going on about how great it is. They have a wash, sanitize then dry setting, and they say they use one wipe to dry after max.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I recently posted pictures of a girl from my past. Her parents had money and a large split level house with a bidet in the master bathroom.

Picture a group of kids in grade six, both guys and girls looking at it.

hal - Is it a fountain?
    girls - *giggling*
    hal's bud - Sure is low, maybe you wash your feet in it?
    girls - *laughing*
    hal's other bud - It's for making drinks, my parents have one.
    girls - *screaming madly*

I've never used one. Used to listen to this podcast with a male and female host. They both considered the listeners 'animals' if they didn't use wetwipes rather than toilet paper and both of them had bidets. The guy carried around wetwipes everywhere he went and swore by the bidet.

Seems it would be cleaner but there's still the thing about a gush of water firing straight up the pooper and a fella is going to have to dry off with paper regardless.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I recently posted pictures of a girl from my past. Her parents had money and a large split level house with a bidet in the master bathroom.

Picture a group of kids in grade six, both guys and girls looking at it.

hal - Is it a fountain?
    girls - *giggling*
    hal's bud - Sure is low, maybe you wash your feet in it?
    girls - *laughing*
    hal's other bud - It's for making drinks, my parents have one.
    girls - *screaming madly*

I've never used one. Used to listen to this podcast with a male and female host. They both considered the listeners 'animals' if they didn't use wetwipes rather than toilet paper and both of them had bidets. The guy carried around wetwipes everywhere he went and swore by the bidet.

Seems it would be cleaner but there's still the thing about a gush of water firing straight up the pooper and a fella is going to have to dry off with paper regardless.
    Was that podcast Your Mom's House by any chance? With Tom Seguara and Christina P? Sounds like them Hilarious podcast.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Was that podcast Your Mom's House by any chance? With Tom Seguara and Christina P? Sounds like them Hilarious podcast.
    No it was two ex-Survivor players who started an anti-Survivor podcast. The chick has now moved to Denver and I can only take her in small amounts anyways Podcast folded.