Just finished it last night

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I thought the robots were ok (the ones in the prequel trilogy were far better, but so what), and I was absolutely thrilled to see Luke. You must have incredible vision, but I thought the effects they used to bring a young ROTJ-era Luke to the screen were pretty good. It's not perfect by any stretch, but real fans appreciate the effort. It's the story that matters.

And there's a lot to be done with the Mandalorian. Din Djarin has the Dark Sabre and he's sworn to help Bo Katan retake Mandalore. She's supposed to have the Dark Sabre, so that has to be resolved, and there's a lot involved in wrestling control of a planet from a military power. They're gonna have to do something with Gideon. What? Don't know, but Giancarlo Esposito's signed for the duration of the series supposedly, so expect him to get away and cause some havoc. Thrawn is supposed to pop up somewhere, whether it's here or in the Ahsoka Tano series remains to be seen, but Thrawn's a big deal and even if he pops up in Ahsoka he'll probably still factor in this series somehow. When we see Thrawn, we'll probably see Ezra Bridger, probably in Ahsoka's series. And we'll probably see other members of the Ghost crew pop up, as well as characters from Legends and the video games. Characters from Legends have already popped up, Timothy Olyphant's character from S2E1 was one of them. You saw the failed clones earlier in the season; expect that to pop-up again in the future seasons. I'm expecting to see some kind of adaptation of Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, and maybe a hint of Dark Empire by Veitch and Kennedy (clones!!!). We will see Grogu again, his story isn't finished, and we will see Luke again. Din Djarin took his helmet off in full view of many people, and that is forbidden by the rules of the Death Watch sect that he's a member of, so expect to see something regarding that in the future. There's a metric ton of junk to cover, plus whatever else Favreau, Filoni, and Lucas can come up with.
    Not that it matters, but I do have 20/20 vision and score almost perfectly on any color differentiation test. I just couldnt get over how 1980s robot they moved, seemed to me it would have been easier to film dudes and green screen them. (as in, shoulda been just 'the normal way to do it these days' ) ...of course, I thought the shots of Leia they did posthumously were terrible, too....I thought they had better face-cgi these days?

I didnt watch everything in this mando series, didnt get that he was somehow sworn to help Bo retake Mandalore. ( I was under the impression he was going to do it just because, more or less...Bopussy )

They never did say where those wack space whales took Thrawn & Bridger, and though I watched all of that, I didnt get a good understanding of Asoka's beef with Thrawn.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Not that it matters, but I do have 20/20 vision and score almost perfectly on any color differentiation test. I just couldnt get over how 1980s robot they moved, seemed to me it would have been easier to film dudes and green screen them. (as in, shoulda been just 'the normal way to do it these days' ) ...of course, I thought the shots of Leia they did posthumously were terrible, too....I thought they had better face-cgi these days?

I didnt watch everything in this mando series, didnt get that he was somehow sworn to help Bo retake Mandalore. ( I was under the impression he was going to do it just because, more or less...Bopussy )

They never did say where those wack space whales took Thrawn & Bridger, and though I watched all of that, I didnt get a good understanding of Asoka's beef with Thrawn.
    Watch the entire Mandalorian series. It's a lot of fun.

The idea was if Ahsoka could find Thrawn, then she could find Ezra as well. That was what Sabine and Ahsoka set out to do in the final scene of Rebels, and that's the one thing that bothered me about the Ahsoka episode in the Mandalorian: where the hell was Sabine Wren? But then Filoni came out and said that the Rebels end scene was after the Mandalorian episode, meaning that Ahsoka gets an idea of where to look in the Mandalorian, then she goes to get Sabine and they go off to find Thrawn and Ezra together. Outside of Thrawn being an Imperial Grand Admiral, Ahsoka doesn't really have a beef with Thrawn, she has a duty to find Ezra, since Ezra saved her from Vader when Ezra pulled her into the World between Worlds.

The real cool possibility is Ahsoka running into Luke. What would she say to the son of Anakin/Vader and how will she react to learning that Luke saved Anakin from the dark side? Ahsoka was Anakin's padawan before she left the Jedi order.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (12-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    The Mandalorian's Gina Carano Doesn't Apologize for Controversial Comments

Gina Carano of The Mandalorian has said that she will not be apologizing for her comments expressing anti-mask, anti-transgender, and conspiratorial views. Carano has previously appeared in action films like Deadpool, and currently plays the character Cara Dune on Disney+’s The Mandalorian. In response to her comments, fans have been urging Disney to cut ties with Carano. Disney has not made any response to these requests as of yet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good girl. Let them cry. I'm betting there are far more fans of this show then there are cancel culture whiners.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-13-2021), lost in melb. (01-14-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Lucasfilm Calls Gina Carano Social Media Posts “Abhorrent”; Actress No Longer Employed By ‘Mandalorian’ Studio

https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalo...234691898/amp/

In the wake of Gina Carano’s controversial social media posts, Lucasfilm has released a statement tonight, with a spokesperson saying “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Carano played the bounty hunter Cara Dune on the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, and it looked like we’d be seeing more of her. It appears not.

The actress shared a Tik Tok post a comparison of the divided political climate to Nazi Germany.out the holocaust that

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ‘The Mandalorian’ Actress Gina Carano & Agency UTA Part Ways In Wake Of Social Media Controversy

By Anthony D'Alessandro

February 10, 2021 8:14pm
    Services to share this page.

The Mandalorian Gina Carano actress dropped by agency UTA
    Lucasfilm
    EXCLUSIVE: The former MMA fighter turned actress is no longer with her agency UTA, a spokesperson confirmed to Deadline tonight.

This comes in the wake of Gina Carano making controversial statements on social media.

Lucasfilm released a statement earlier this evening saying “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

I’m told Carano wasn’t attached to continue with season 3 of The Mandalorian as bounty hunter Cara Dune, a role which she played for two seasons on the hit Disney+ series. That said, her storyline left off as though we’d be seeing more of her. Not to mention, Disney+ had plans for Mandalorian spinoffs including Rangers of the New Republic. I had been told when news was leaking back in the fall about that latter series that a deal wasn’t in place for Carano.

The actress, who has had a history of speaking out on social media, crossed the line with comments that compared the current divided political climate to Nazi Germany, exclaiming, ““Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors” in a Tik Tok post which has since been removed.

The hashtag #FireGinaCarano begin trending, with those on social media tagging Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Disney, Disney Plus, Star Wars and Lucasfilm.

Carano and her supporters attempted to get the hashtag #weloveginacarano to trend, but to little effect.

The Daily Beast exclusively learned that Carano was dropped by her publicists at ID last fall due to her right-wing toned social media activity which has included statements about face mask wearing and voter fraud. She was with the PR firm briefly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    “Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,” she wrote.
    While it is (currently) comparing apples and oranges, historically, it is accurate.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Another photo on Carano’s Instagram story featured a person with several masks covering their face and head with the caption: “Meanwhile in California.”

Both posts were scrubbed from the actress’ Instagram this afternoon, but others picked it up and reposted (see below). Other posts, including a quote saying “Expecting everyone you encounter to agree with every belief or view you hold is fucking wild,” and one saying “Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself,” remained.
    So she doesn't like masks. Big deal. She could have apologized for the Jew-Nazi comparison. Nothing she said was particularly abhorrent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-11-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't have an issue about what you said, but I have to say she's kind of stupid. Believe it or not I have some conservative non-pc opinions and if I blurted out exactly what was on my mind on social media I too would be at risk of losing my job. Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean freedom from the consequences of what you say.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I don't have an issue about what you said, but I have to say she's kind of stupid. Believe it or not I have some conservative non-pc opinions and if I blurted out exactly what was on my mind on social media I too would be at risk of losing my job. Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean freedom from the consequences of what you say.
    I don't know how smart she is, but she did make a career out of being attractive and getting her head kicked in. That usually doesn't bode well where intellect is concerned, the Klitschko brothers notwithstanding.

No, you're right. I always say the same thing. You have the right to speak freely and do what ever you like, but you also have to face the consequences that result. The problem here is that 10 years ago, she could have apologized and would have kept her job, but because of the bullshit Cancel Culture movement, that can't happen any more.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-11-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I agree. The atmosphere nowadays is like walking on a tightrope. You have to think about everything you say in public.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-11-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fun fact: Gina Carano majored in Psychology.

I just looked it up. No idea if she actually finished the bachelor's degree.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Fun fact: Gina Carano majored in Psychology.

I just looked it up. No idea if she actually finished the bachelor's degree.
    A "sister"