Thread: Pile of manure and sign saying ‘the landlord is f***ing my wife’ is dumped outside pub by ‘scorned husband’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Shit Post Pile of manure and sign saying ‘the landlord is f***ing my wife’ is dumped outside pub by ‘scorned husband’

By Joe Duggan - The Scottish Sun

A HUGE pile of manure has been dumped outside a pub with signs accusing the landlord of sleeping with someone's wife.

The muck was piled outside the Hawkley Inn near Liss, Hampshire with obscene messages - allegedly left by a scorned husband.

Five placards were perched overnight on the dung heap, claiming "the landlord is f****** my wife".

One Facebook user today shared a photo of the manure pile outside the traditional country boozer.

He posted: "The Hawkley Inn making headlines."

It is not known who the jilted husband is, or if it is a prank.

The signs seem to be aimed at married pub boss Simon Emberley, 51, who wed writer Joanna, 50, in January and has run the popular South Downs real ale pub for five years.

Mr Emberley told Sun Online he contacted police after finding the manure outside the pub this morning.

Denying the foul-mouthed allegations, he said it is a "smear campaign" against him.

Speaking from his pub, he said: "All I know is I turned up for work at 7.30am, and there was a big pile of s**t in the road.

"I don't know where it's come from or who has done it, but something like this can turn somebody's life upside down.

"Whoever has done it is trying to ruin our business. It is unfounded and untrue."

MUCK RAKING

Last night, the couple hit back with an amusing Facebook post, uploading a photo of a sign outside the pub offering "free local horse manure donated by generous supplier".

The Facebook post said: "Simon and I are happy to share the love bestowed upon us this morning by a kind but sadly anonymous benefactor.

"Such a shame we can't contact you directly to thank you in person! Anyone with roses that need a boost, you know where we are !!!"

Neighbour Philip Chippindale said he saw the manure on his road after a friend called him in "fits of laughter" about it.

Mr Chippindale, 70, said: "When I saw it, I thought 'my god, what's that doing there?'

"It was a trailer load - people had to drive around it.

"It's a mystery how it got there."

Another resident on the quiet country road said his brother heard a vehicle pull up outside the pub at around midnight last night.

No one has claimed responsibility for leaving the muck, but a pub regular said: "Apparently it's a local farmer.

“People say he’s caught the landlord with his wife and so decided if he was going to s*** on his doorstep then he’d s*** on his.

“It was an awful stink and they had to call the police.”

The pile was promptly cleaned up by workmen this morning and washed away with a hosepipe.

DUMPED AT NIGHT

Cops confirmed to Sun Online they are investigating the incident.

A Hampshire Police spokesman said: "We can confirm we are investigating an allegation of malicious communications following an incident in which offensive signage was placed outside a pub in Liss.

"The five placards were placed in a pile of manure that had also been dumped outside the Hawkley Inn.

"It is believed they had been placed there overnight between 10.30pm on August 18 and the following morning.

"If anyone saw any person or any vehicles acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the pub around this time, please ring 101, quoting reference 44190293559."

The pub is popular with walkers, cyclists and horse riders, offing stunning views of the South Downs National Park

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    He dumped it right on the road. Should have hit the door, roof etc

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts