Thread: 'Will & Grace' star celebrates sign calling black Trump voters mentally ill

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn 'Will & Grace' star celebrates sign calling black Trump voters mentally ill

By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Actress Debra Messing appears to have endorsed an Alabama church's message that black supporters of President Trump are mentally ill.

The "Will & Grace" star responded "THANK YOU #Alabama" Saturday to a tweet about a Baptist church in Birmingham that displayed a sign reading: "A black vote for Trump is mental illness."

The other side of the sign reportedly accused white Trump supporters of racism. According to WVTM, the church's pastor claimed that Trump voters supported "institutionalized racism."

“When you vote for Donald Trump, you are supporting institutionalized racism," Michael Jordan, pastor of New Era Baptist Church, reportedly said.

Jordan also said God motivated him to take a stand for what was "right." "Read the Bible and look in the White House. If they call me a racist, look in the White House," he said.

The tweet came after Messing, a vocal critic of President Trump, joined her "Will & Grace" co-star, Eric McCormack, in an apparent attempt to shame the president's supporters.

Both Messing and McCormack requested that The Hollywood Reporter publish a list of attendees at a planned fundraiser benefiting Trump next month.

"Please print a list of all attendees please. The public has a right to know," Messing tweeted early Saturday.

Trump on Sunday seemingly responded to Messing's posts, tweeting that when his show, "The Apprentice," aired on NBC, Messing "came up to me at an Upfront & profusely thanked me, even calling me 'Sir.' How times have changed!"

Messing previously caught attention earlier this month after she praised a Twitter user who requested that people throw her ashes at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and National Rifle Association spokeswoman Dana Loesch if she is killed in a mass shooting.

"If I get killed in a mass shooting please cremate me and throw my ashes into Mitch McConnell’s and Dana Loesch’s eyes while I’m still smoldering," the tweet read.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    "Please print a list of all attendees please." talking about the congregation at the church.

You can thank God I'm not in the church that day if you're serious...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    This cunts been slammed before for running her stupid mouth.. Seems like she would learn.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    This cunts been slammed before for running her stupid mouth.. Seems like she would learn.
    She looks like a bad attempt by a tranny...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Shes an angry ol' dyke.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How come it's okay for Miss Whitey to call black people mentally ill?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Eric McCormack backtracks, says he doesn't support 'blacklists' after calling to out Trump donors

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

"Will & Grace" star Eric McCormack is walking back his comments after he and his co-star Debra Messing were widely criticized after calling for Trump donors in Hollywood to be outed.

Last week, McCormack responded to a report about an upcoming fundraiser being held in Beverly Hills in honor of President Trump's reelection campaign by requesting a followup of all the attendees.

"Hey, @THR, kindly report on everyone attending this event," he wrote, "so the rest of us can be clear about who we don't want to work with. Thx," McCormack tweeted.

On Tuesday, however, McCormack attempted to clarify his stance, telling his followers on Instagram that he doesn't support "blacklists."

"I want to be clear about my social media post from last week, which has been misinterpreted in a very upsetting way," McCormack began. "I absolutely do not support blacklists or discrimination of any kind, as anyone who knows me would attest. I'd simply like to understand where Trump's major donations are coming from, which is a matter of public record."

"I am holding myself responsible for making educated and informed that I can morally and ethically stand by and to do that, transparency is essential."

Messing agreed with the sentiment, adding "I couldn't have said it better."

The Emmy-winning performers from the NBC comedy were blasted on Tuesday by "The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg.

“In this country, people can vote for who they want to -- that is one of the great rights of this country,” she said on Tuesday. “You don’t have to like it but we don’t go after people because we don’t like who they voted for -- we don’t go after them that way. We can talk about issues and stuff, but we don’t print out lists.”

She went on to urge Messing and McCormack to reconsider their tweets and “remember what the blacklist actually meant to people and don’t encourage anyone -- anyone to do it.”

In an apparent allusion to the McCarthy era, Goldberg said that “a lot of good people” had been accused of things and lost their “right to work.”

“Last time people did this, people ended up killing themselves,” Goldberg added.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good for Whoopi amd her vocal support about not blacklisting..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Odd to see Whoopi be the voice of reason

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Pony (09-05-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Odd to see Whoopi be the voice of reason
    You know its gone to far when she steps in to disagree with your TDS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-05-2019)