Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 'There must be a nest': B.C. expert says invasive giant hornets have a home on Vancouver Island

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I was trying to commiserate

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Just thought of a new Disney Ride....The Smollett!

You walk down a dark hallway and then two white people in masks and Maga hats attack you with fists, throw bleach on you and then put a noose around your neck.

Except really it's all a ruse. The people in masks aren't really white, they hit you lightly with gloves full of feathers, the bleach is water in squirtguns and the noose is a bolero tie that says - Thanks for coming to Disneyland!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-16-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I was trying to commiserate
    Like a lottery winner commiserating with a homeless person by saying - Hey, I only had one meal yesterday too! (In Paris, after flying there on your private jet )

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Like a lottery winner commiserating with a homeless person by saying - Hey, I only had one meal yesterday too! (In Paris, after flying there on your private jet )

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Just thought of a new Disney Ride....The Smollett!

You walk down a dark hallway and then two white people in masks and Maga hats attack you with fists, throw bleach on you and then put a noose around your neck.

Except really it's all a ruse. The people in masks aren't really white, they hit you lightly with gloves full of feathers, the bleach is water in squirtguns and the noose is a bolero tie that says - Thanks for coming to Disneyland!
    The say we can do that and have a laugh about it is the day we know the world's going to be ok

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I've never been stung by a bee, wasp, hornet *knocks on wood*

Vibrates them to death with heat?? Keep that shit away from the government
    That's lucky! Damn.

I've got weird bad luck with them. Stepped on a couple at the cabin as a kid, swarmed as I mentioned, and stung a number of times while landscaping as a summer job.

A few summers back my brother and I were at my uncle's cabin and went to go race kayaks early in the morning. I ran down to the dock and yelled "shotgun on the blue one." I hop into it and throw on the life jacket... fucking wasp IN THE JACKET starts shredding my stomach. Cue my brother rolling around laughing as I'm ripping the jacket off and running around yelling in anger.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's lucky! Damn.

I've got weird bad luck with them. Stepped on a couple at the cabin as a kid, swarmed as I mentioned, and stung a number of times while landscaping as a summer job.

A few summers back my brother and I were at my uncle's cabin and went to go race kayaks early in the morning. I ran down to the dock and yelled "shotgun on the blue one." I hop into it and throw on the life jacket... fucking wasp IN THE JACKET starts shredding my stomach. Cue my brother rolling around laughing as I'm ripping the jacket off and running around yelling in anger.
    They are painful!

I recently stumbled across a sweet little yellow and black wood turtle and bent down to examine. It was struggling across a decent sized hole in the forest floor, knocking dirt down into it. As I straddled the little fella to get a closer look I noticed other little yellow and black things flying in and out of the hole. 1/2 a second later my bare legs were on fire

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    We get huge moths. One was trapped in my car and triggered my alarm' s motion sensor. At 1am. I was popular with my neighbours for quite a while.

And, funny - I know the dude they talked to - Paul Van Westendorp - from my former job. He's a good dude. He actually helped me conquer my fear of bees and made me fascinated with them. I still think Wasps and Hornets are the assholes of the insect community, though despite his efforts to prove to me the opposite!

And, yes, he's been stung by many different insects many different times.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Noilly Pratt For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (09-17-2019)