Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres stands up to Twitter mob, defends appearing with 'friend' George W. Bush

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I dont think I have commented anywhere on this yet... Go Ellen..!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (10-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I almost just took a capture of the Kristen Bell Instagram post because who knows if whether she will delete it or not after being shamed for sticking up for Ellen on the issue. Amazing how much blind hatred there is in Hollywood. How come none of them call Obama a war criminal? He used drone strikes to kill more people in the Middle East than W ever did (which I fully supported), but they are strangely silent on that.
    I"m not having a dig here, but since you brought 'him' up if Ben Shapiro hung out with Obama at a Basketball game would you be completely ok with this?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    George would easily be the best living former president to hang out with for a baseball game I bet he can crush some Budweiser.
    Last edited by Godfather; 10-11-2019 at 05:36 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Muddy (10-11-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (10-11-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I"m not having a dig here, but since you brought 'him' up if Ben Shapiro hung out with Obama at a Basketball game would you be completely ok with this?
    Why wouldn't I be? I couldn't care less who hangs out with whom on their personal time.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    George would easily be the best living former president to hang out with for a baseball game I bet he can crush some Budweiser.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (10-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Why wouldn't I be? I couldn't care less who hangs out with whom on their personal time.

Some of my best friends are Libs.. We drive each other crazy when we talk politics, but aside from that we share a lot in common.. Beer, fires, wings, pretty girls, cornhole games, boat rides, skiiing, swimming, oyster roasts, cards, talking shit... We all have different opinions, it's how you present them is what matters.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (10-11-2019), Pony (10-11-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (10-11-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Elton John Defends George W Bush, Ellen Degeneres’ Sitting Together At Cowboys Game

Madison Summers - Independent Journal Review

Singer-songwriter Elton John is coming to the defense of Ellen DeGeneres and former President George W. Bush after the two were torn apart by critics for sitting next to each other at a football game.

As IJR previously reported, “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” host found herself, joining Charlotte Jones, in Jerry Jones’ stadium suite sitting next to Bush and his wife Laura Bush at a Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers game on October 6.

The two sitting next to each other sparked backlash on social media. However, Degeneres came to the defense of her controversial friendship with Bush.

“During the game, they showed a shot of George and me laughing together. And so people were upset,” DeGeneres explained, adding, “They thought, why is a gay, Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative Republican president?”

She continued:

“Here’s the thing: I’m friends with George Bush. In fact, I’m friends with a lot of people who don’t share the same beliefs that I have. We’re all different and I think we’ve forgotten that that’s okay that we’re all different. […] Just because I don’t agree with someone on everything doesn’t mean that I’m not going to be friends with them. When I say, ‘Be kind to one another,’ I don’t mean only the people that think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone.”

John agrees with DeGeneres’ view of the situation, as he told NPR, “I admire Ellen for standing up and saying what she said.”

“Unfortunately, what our democracy has become now is that it’s not OK to have different opinions from yours and that is not healthy. George Bush has made a lot of mistakes. I made a lot of mistakes. Ellen DeGeneres has made a lot of mistakes. […] Yes, there were [bad] decisions that he’s made, but that was made by Democratic presidents and Republican presidents.”

“People need to come together,” he said. “They need to respect people’s view on life. Except when it’s heresy, and I don’t think George Bush is that kind of guy.”

Following DeGeneres’ defense of the football stadium moment, a spokesperson for Bush told Fox News, “President and Mrs. Bush really enjoyed being with Ellen and Portia (de Rossi) and appreciated Ellen’s comments about respecting one another. They respect her.”

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How dare she sit next to a conservative straight white man!
    Considering how friendly Bush seems to be with the Obamas, he seems to be a friendly type, certainly a bit of a joker, and doesn't seem to stick his nose into politics much now.