Thread: Miley Cyrus Tells Women ‘You Don’t Have To Be Gay’ After You Find A Good Man

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Miley Cyrus Tells Women ‘You Don’t Have To Be Gay’ After You Find A Good Man

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

Singer Miley Cyrus stoked the ire of the LGBT community for seeming to suggest that homosexuality is a choice in a recent video telling women they “don’t have to be gay” so long as they find the right man.

Needless to say, Cyrus has had a tumultuous year. After divorcing actor Liam Hemsworth less than nine months into their marriage, she embarked on a sexual fling with Brody Jenner’s ex-wife, Kaitlynn Carter, before finally settling down with model and singer Cody Simpson. Speaking to her 100 million followers on Instagram as Cody Simpson laughed along on Sunday night, Cyrus told women to keep themselves open to good men.

“There are good men out there, guys, don’t give up. You don’t have to be gay, there are good people with dicks out there, you’ve just got to find them,” Cyrus said, as reported by HuffPost. “You’ve got to find a dick that’s not a dick, you know? I always thought I had to be gay because I thought all guys were evil, but it’s not true. There are good people out there that just happen to have dicks. I’ve only ever met one, and he’s on this live.”

The video message did not go over well with Miley’s fans, who immediately roasted her on social media. It should be noted here, however, that Cyrus came out as “pansexual” in 2015, which means somebody who swings all ways.

“Miley, this is so not it. Women don’t ‘have to be gay’ because they ‘can’t find a good person with a d*ck,'” tweeted Rosie Percy. “Don’t use the queer community as a stop-gap because you couldn’t find a boyfriend. People aren’t queer because they ‘gave up’ on men. This is so insulting.”

“Damn. In 30 seconds [Miley Cyrus] managed to burn up all goodwill she’d ever built with queer and trans people. Not all ‘guys’ have dicks, Miley. Thought you knew better,” tweeted one user. “You ‘had to be gay’ because men are bad? Do you not realize what an anti-lesbian trope that is? Gross.”

After enough backlash, Miley Cyrus clarified in an Instagram post on Monday that she does not believe that people choose their sexuality.

“Let me be clear,” she wrote on Instagram Stories, “YOU don’t CHOOSE your sexuality. You are born as you are. It has always been my priority to protect the LGBTQ community I am a part of. Happy Monday!”

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth’s divorce reached a fever pitch in August when allegations surfaced that she cheated on him. In a fiery post on Twitter, she rejected that assertion.

“I can accept that the life I’ve chosen means I must live completely open and transparent with my fans who I love, and the public, 100% of the time. What I cannot accept is being told I’m lying to cover up a crime I haven’t committed. I have nothing to hide,” she said. “It is no secret that I was into partying in my teens and early 20’s. I have not only smoked, but advocated for weed, I’ve experimented with drugs, my biggest song to date is about dancing on molly and snorting lines in the bathroom.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PeyPeyRyRy (10-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I really do loathe her..

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    She does nothing for me either. I do however agree with her that homosexuality is a choice, usually to piss off their parents.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I do however agree with her that homosexuality is a choice, usually to piss off their parents.
    I disagree.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I disagree.
    I dont know why but I get the mental image of Harp sitting there in a nice leather chair with a suit on with a top hat smoking on a pipe. Then pulling the pipe from his mouth to say "I disagree".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

Muddy (10-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    You forgot the monocle.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

fricnjay (10-23-2019), Muddy (10-22-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I disagree.
    How do you explain Bi people, seems like a choice at that point

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    How do you explain Bi people, seems like a choice at that point
    Of course in all cases I don't disagree. The whole thing seems to have been adopted lately as a cultural fad. But I do firmly believe there are people born homosexual. Not everybody has all the same hormones and levels in their bodies. I know people that are male and gay and have never had any inkling whatsoever to have sex with a female..

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Agreed, I think lately is ALOT of choice

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (10-23-2019)