Thread: ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Judges Want Sean Spicer Out, But Trump Supporters are Keeping Him Alive

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

LOL ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Judges Want Sean Spicer Out, But Trump Supporters are Keeping Him Alive

By Claire Spellberg - Decider

Sean Spicer seems to be driving a wedge between Dancing with the Stars‘ judges and voters. On Monday night, after coming in dead last four the fourth week in a row, the former White House press secretary advanced to the next round due to the support from viewers at home… as well as President Trump. Spicer’s continued success is starting to wear on the DWTS judges, who all agreed that they are “confused” and “irritated” by the situation. As head judge Len Goodman put it after Spicer’s nautical-themed performance, “We keep throwing you out the boat, and the viewers keep throwing you a life preserver.”

On Monday’s episode, Spicer and Jenna Johnson (his regular partner, Lindsay Arnold, had a sudden death in the family and missed Week 8) performed a jazz number to “Come Sail Away” by the Glee Cast. Even with a new partner, the former Trump official couldn’t salvage the performance. Afterwards, he and Johnson were awarded a total score of 20 — the lowest of the night, and Spicer’s fourth consecutive last-place score. Not great, Bob.

In recent weeks, the judges have attempted to put a nice spin on their criticism, but on Monday, they dropped the act entirely. “I think Dory in Finding Nemo has a better sense of direction,” said Bruno Tonioli. “Your feet, well, the mermaid had better feet than you,” Goodman added of the maritime mambo. “We keep throwing you out the boat, and the viewers keep throwing you a life preserver.”

The judges’ frustration is warranted. Spicer has consistently been one of the worst dancers — if not the worst — on DWTS Season 28: according to Yahoo, he has received either the lowest or the second-lowest score in all but one week of competition (Week 2). While this would normally get a contestant eliminated immediately, the former press secretary has received an influx of votes every week from conservatives and Trump supporters. Throughout this season, Trump has encouraged people to vote for Spicer, writing on Monday, “Vote for Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars. He is a great and very loyal guy who is working very hard!”

While Dancing with the Stars doesn’t release specific voting data, Trump’s endorsements are clearly working. Despite his lackluster performances throughout the season, Spicer has yet to be up for elimination, and on Monday night, he and Johnson were the first couple to be announced safe. If the wave of conservative voter support continues, Spicer could make a legitimate run for the DWTS crown.

Spicer’s popularity with viewers at home has created an unfortunate situation in which the show’s better dancers are being sent home early. On Monday night, Kate Flannery and Ally Brooke — who has the highest combined score of the season, according to Yahoo — were voted into the bottom two. “It’s confusing for me at this point why these are the bottom two,” said judge Carrie Ann Inaba before the elimination (Flannery ultimately went home). “I’m confused and a little irritated.”

What will it take for Sean Spicer to be eliminated on Dancing with the Stars? Tune in every Monday at 8/7c on ABC to find out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Thats funny.. My wife was wondering how in the world he lasted so long.. He is really bad.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I would laugh my ass off if he won the whole thing

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think James Van der Beek is the dance master this time..

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    You guys are fuckin gay

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dont be a tool, my wife watches it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    You guys are fuckin gay
    I don't watch it, I just saw this story and thought it was hilarious.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (11-05-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Mother fuckers in here back tracking that story quick.