Thread: Tulsi Gabbard Calls Out ‘The View’s Joy Behar in Extremely Uncomfortable Interview

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Tulsi Gabbard Calls Out ‘The View’s Joy Behar in Extremely Uncomfortable Interview

By Claire Spellberg - Decider

Tulsi Gabbard went after The View this morning during a contentious interview on… The View. The 2020 Democratic candidate wasted no time before taking a shot at the ABC daytime show, and particularly Joy Behar, who said in October that Gabbard could be “a useful idiot” for the Russians. On Wednesday, Gabbard fired back, telling Behar straight to her face that her remarks are “extremely offensive.” Added Gabbard, “You’re implying that I’m too stupid and too naive and lack the intelligence to know what I am doing.”

From the beginning of the interview, it was clear that Gabbard wanted to discuss The View‘s October discussion about Hillary Clinton, who suggested that the Russians could be “grooming” Gabbard for the 2020 election. When asked about EU ambassador Gordon Sondland’s Ukraine testimony, the candidate immediately pivoted, saying, “The facts are important. I want to start with something that it also important about facts.” It wasn’t the world’s cleanest transition, but it more or less worked. “Recently on your show here, some of you have accused me of being a traitor to my country, a Russian asset, a trojan horse, or ‘a useful idiot,’ I think was the term you used,” she said.

Behar immediately pushed back, saying that it was “a Russian term,” but Tulsi insisted that she needed to “set the record straight” for The View fans. “I am a patriot. I love our country. I am a strong and intelligent woman of color,” she said, before turning back to Behar. “You and other people continue to spread these innuendos that have nothing to do with who I am.”

“Well, Hillary Clinton started it, and then you shot back at her, boy,” replied the longtime View co-host. “You doubled down on the baseless accusations that she made that strikes at the core of who I am,” fired back Gabbard. The show then played an audio clip of Clinton’s remarks, which the the Hawaiian congresswoman said were “outrageous and offensive on so many levels.” Taking another dig at Clinton, she continued, “She has continued this legacy of being the world’s police around the world that has waged wars costing the lives of so many of my brothers and sisters in uniform.”

“What’s your evidence of that?” interrupted Behar. “Are you serious?” replied Gabbard, her tone ice cold. “I served in the war in Iraq that she championed.” The View co-host pushed back, asking whether Gabbard “believed in that war” when she enlisted after 9/11. “I believed the lies that were told to us,” replied the candidate. “Well, so did she,” said Behar, in what I think was an attempt at a joke (it fell flat, and also it makes zero sense).

After the commercial break, Gabbard and Behar picked up where they left off. Behar asked why she continues to appear on “propaganda network” Fox News, and the congresswoman again shifted direction. “Let me start with how offensive it is to say that I am a witting or unwitting asset of a foreign country working against the interest of our country,” she said. “Not deliberately!” insisted Behar.

“If you’re saying it’s not deliberately, then you are implying that I’m too stupid and too naive and lack the intelligence to know what I am doing,” shot back Gabbard. “That is extremely offensive to me and to every woman of color.”

Moderator Whoopi Goldberg then brought up Clinton’s quote again, which ignited a firestorm debate about what she did or didn’t mean. The tense conversation continued for another few minutes, until Goldberg thankfully threw the show to commercial. After that horribly uncomfortable back-and-forth, it’s safe to say that Tulsi Gabbard won’t be returning to The View any time soon.

Watch a portion of The View‘s contentious interview with Tulsi Gabbard in the clip above.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    "woman of color" ..?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    "woman of color" ..?
    Well, she's not Caucasian. Technically, she's Samoan-American. Google is my friend.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Well, she's not Caucasian. Technically, she's Samoan-American. Google is my friend.
    White is the new black.