Thread: ‘Daddy’s Little Slut’ kid’s shirt pulled from Amazon amid backlash

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Rape Culture ‘Daddy’s Little Slut’ kid’s shirt pulled from Amazon amid backlash

By Lauren Steussy - The New York Post

Daddy’s little what now?

Amazon has pulled an offensive shirt emblazoned with “Daddy’s Little Slut,” thanks to some good old-fashioned Twitter shaming — but allowed its third party seller to continue hawking other off-color items.

The original $18 shirt sold by OnlyBabyCare started going viral Friday morning, as images of the shocking slogan circulated Twitter. It’s been available on Amazon since June, with a description claiming it was “suitable” for “playing outside, birthday party, baby shower, baptism,” among other family friendly activities.

“Humanity was a mistake, Example #3,415,621,” @JoanneMason11 wrote.

“If I ever saw a child wearing this T-shirt, I’d call the police,” @PhoenixRisingSt wrote.

“I’m actually on the phone with Amazon. The CSR doesn’t even seem shocked,” @JewelResists wrote.

And while the shirt was taken down eight hours later, the seller continued to offer a confusing array of children’s clothing, including a tee that read “Boats and Hoes” and a hat with the words “Black Guns Matter,” with an automatic rifle across the top.

An Amazon spokesperson told The Post that “All sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who do not will be subject to action including potential removal of their account. The product in question is no longer available.”

But the spokesperson declined to comment on the other products sold by OnlyBabyCare that are still available.

Twitter do-gooders clearly still have a lot of work on their hands when it comes to policing offensive clothing. Recently, the online retailer Zazzle was called out for selling a shirt with the words “At least I’m not Jewish” printed on a plain black tee. Walmart was also pushed to remove a shirt from their website which read “Rope. Tree. Journalist. SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.” It still made its way into the wild, though. A United Airlines passenger was recently spotted wearing it, prompting another passenger to raise the issue with the airline.

And elsewhere on the internet, “Daddy’s Little Slut” merch is still widely available. Etsy, for example, sells both a crop top with the slogan, as well as a black thong with the phrase printed on it.

A tweeter’s work is never truly done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-14-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Completely different context based on who is wearing it.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (11-14-2019), PorkChopSandwiches (11-18-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Completely different context based on who is wearing it.
    Probably not appropriate for children though

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-14-2019), RBP (11-15-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    But they need to be made in kid sizes for the whores to squeeze into

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-19-2019)