Thread: Pelosi On 2020 Election: ‘Civilization As We Know It Today Is At Stake’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Pelosi On 2020 Election: ‘Civilization As We Know It Today Is At Stake’

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed on Thursday night that “civilization” was at stake in the upcoming 2020 presidential elections when asked about the possibility that President Donald Trump could win re-election.

“Let’s not even contemplate that,” Pelosi said. “The damage that this administration has done to America, America’s a great country. We can sustain. Two terms, I don’t know.”

“Civilization as we know it today is at stake in the next election, and certainly, our planet,” Pelosi later added.

WATCH:

Earlier in the CNN town hall event, Pelosi snapped at CNN’s Jake Tapper for asking her questions about impeachment, which comes of the same day that she announced that she was advancing the Democrats’ efforts to impeach Trump.

“Would you be willing to testify if it meant that people you want to hear from such as Mick Mulvaney, the acting chief of staff, or John Bolton, the former national security adviser, would also have to testify?” Tapper asked. “If there’s some sort of deal cut, would you be willing to do so?”

“It has nothing to do, they should be testifying because they have been asked to testify by Congress,” Pelosi snapped back. “It isn’t a deal. It’s about a system of checks and balances.”

Growing annoyed, Pelosi continued, “Can we not have any more questions about impeachment?”

WATCH:

During her press conference where she announced impeachment, Pelosi angrily snapped at a reporter who asked her if Democrats’ desire to impeach the president was driven by their hatred of him.

Here is the interaction that Pelosi had with Sinclair reporter James Rosen:

Rosen: Do you hate the president, Madam Speaker? Speaker?

Speaker Pelosi: I don’t hate anybody. I don’t – I was raised in a Catholic house, we don’t hate anybody. Not anybody in the world. So don’t, don’t you accuse me of –

Rosen: I did not accuse you.

Speaker Pelosi: You did. You did.

Rosen: I asked a question.

Speaker Pelosi: You did.

Rosen: Representative Collins yesterday suggested that the Democrats are doing this simply because they don’t like the guy –

Speaker Pelosi: That has nothing to do with it. Let me just say this.

Rosen: I think it’s an important point.

Speaker Pelosi: I think the President is a coward when it comes to helping our kids who are afraid of gun violence. I think he is cruel when he doesn’t deal with helping our Dreamers, of which we are very proud. I think he’s in denial about the – about the climate crisis. However, that’s about the election. This is about the election – take it up in the election.

This is about the Constitution of the United States and the facts that lead to the President’s violation of his oath of office.
    And as a Catholic, I resent your using the word hate in a sentence that addresses me. I don’t hate anyone. I was raised in a way that is full of, a heart full of love and always pray for the President. And I still pray for the President. I pray for the President all the time.

So, don’t mess with me when it comes to words like that.

WATCH:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-06-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    “Let’s not even contemplate that,” Pelosi said. “The damage that this administration has done to America, America’s a great country. We can sustain. Two terms, I don’t know.”

How ridiculous. Everything seems fine last time I checked. Trump is President, not America. Those that don't like him know he'll be gone eventually

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-06-2019), Muddy (12-09-2019), RBP (12-06-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (12-06-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

How ridiculous. Everything seems fine last time I checked. Trump is President, not America. Those that don't like him know he'll be gone eventually
    That was very...... what's the word.... reasonable? Most people realize it's all about obsessive hatred, despite what Pelosi barks.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (12-07-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (12-06-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-06-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Life as we knew was going to be ruined so Trump was elected

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Griffin (12-09-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed on Thursday night that “civilization” was at stake in the upcoming 2020 presidential elections when asked about the possibility that President Donald Trump could win re-election.

“Civilization as we know it today is at stake in the next election, and certainly, our planet,” Pelosi later added.

Sit down, Greta..!