Thread: Billie Eilish is burned by cigarettes in new video that some call 'triggering,' possible bad influence for kids

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Billie Eilish is burned by cigarettes in new video that some call 'triggering,' possible bad influence for kids

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

In Billie Eilish’s new video “Xanny,” the 17-year-old singer from California has multiple cigarettes put out on her face.

Some on social media are called the anti-smoking video “triggering” and “disturbing."

Eilish, in her directorial debut, sits stoically on a cream-colored bench in a cream sweater, singing and barely flinching as cigarettes are continually snuffed out on her.

"I just wanted it to sound the way that it feels to just breathe in recycled breath," she told MTV News. "Recycled, poisonous breath, I may add. I just wanted it to feel miserable."

Eilish is no stranger to intense – and often real – imagery in her videos. In “[you should see me in a] crown” she had real tarantulas crawl out of her mouth and she actually cries black tears in "When The Party's Over."

"Everything is really important that it's all real to me," she told NPR earlier this year, adding that she hates when everything is CGI.

She also likes to make the viewer uncomfortable.

"I just love the idea of glorifying people's biggest fears,” she told NPR. “You know, people are freaked out by needles, people are freaked out by things under the bed.”

But some on social were concerned that the video could be too "dark" for the singer's younger fans -- and possibly encourage them to mimic the singer.

"How are we meant to prevent kids seeing it?" one Twitter user wrote. ... I'm starting to think someone needs to explain to her that people are influenced by famous people."

"May be a little triggering for self harm (cigarette burns)." another wrote. "Beware guys."

Eilish said the night before she wrote “Xanny” she was with a group of friends who were all binge-drinking and sick around her.

“It was so weird, I was just like, 'What? This is normal?’” she said. “’That’s normal for you guys.' Watching my friends become completely not who they were. Watching their personalities crumple and fall."

She also stirred a bit of controversy over her personal life when she said in a Vanity Fair interview last month that she regularly texts 33-year-old rapper Drake.

The singer revealed last year that she has suffered from Tourette's syndrome her "whole life" in an Instagram post after fans noticed her facial ticks during an interview.

"My tics are only physical and not super noticeable to others if you're not really paying attention," she wrote in the post. "These compilations ya'll been making of my tics are lowkey funny even when ya'll make fun of them n s---. I know you're all confused so as to what it is, so just to let ya know..it's Tourettes."

She told Ellen DeGeneres this year that she never said anything publicly before because she didn't want it to define her.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Disturbing.. it's what this fool does... Whats the problem?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I watched several clips of her on talk shows and a few of her vlogs. She's a fuckin' idiot. I blame bad parenting.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She just got 15 million for her documentary from apple tv

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    She just got 15 million for her documentary from apple tv
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I just looked it up, Billboard Magazine says that Apple is paying $25 million.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (12-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks