Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: China Quarantines Millions After Thousands Exposed To Mutating Virus That Has Killed Many

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-20-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Honestly if you can... I would. We're all going to get locked down up here I think. I'm not opposed, with several of my family members working in hospitals and seeing what's happening to healthcare in Italy, I'll do what's asked of me to quarantine if it means preventing that.

That being said... my wife and I were at a remote cabin the last 5 days (made up for the vacay we were supposed to take to Cali) and it was unreal for our mental health. I feel 10x better than I did a week ago... but I know the dread will creep back, being in the city and hearing the news every day. Wish we could just hide out at a cabin by the water for a month or two.
    Could be fun

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    You know the point I'm making though.

I don't think they changed the constitution for this. And probably the emergency laws were in place anyhow. I honestly feel that you have a particular distain because it's a Liberal at the throne.
    Yes, the laws were in place giving them discretionary power. And while the draconian decisions are currently being made by leftists, that more a function of the large metro cesspools than the party of the elected official. My objection has nothing to do with party, it has to do with abuse of power with no limits available to the people subjected to their whims. My main objection to my particular Governor is he's been acting like a whiny little bitch. They cut from the IL cry fest about the Feds to FL, where the Gov was fucking in charge, discussing what FL is doing to take control and how they are maximizing the leverage with the Feds to implement THE STATE'S strategy to handle this. We saw the exact same thing after Katrina. The problem in NO was not the federal government, it was another whiny cunt and criminal Ray Nagin who sat there bitching that the Feds weren't saving them. It's your fucking city, asshole, take control. Other areas where the locals decided they were in control and would leverage the Feds to their advantage did absolutely fine under similar situations. Bush still gets blamed, but that was all Nagy. Sorry, that still pisses me off. I was screaming at the TV "go find some fucking buses you piece of shit" as that insanity unfolded.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Honestly if you can... I would. We're all going to get locked down up here I think. I'm not opposed, with several of my family members working in hospitals and seeing what's happening to healthcare in Italy, I'll do what's asked of me to quarantine if it means preventing that.

That being said... my wife and I were at a remote cabin the last 5 days (made up for the vacay we were supposed to take to Cali) and it was unreal for our mental health. I feel 10x better than I did a week ago... but I know the dread will creep back, being in the city and hearing the news every day. Wish we could just hide out at a cabin by the water for a month or two.
    GF laying that power hammer down. Atta boy. Does she make you call her doctor? That's what I'm talking about.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    GF laying that power hammer down. Atta boy. Does she make you call her doctor? That's what I'm talking about.
    Look... the fact of the matter is that with this 'rona boredom, I'm laying pipe like a freshman again. I'm spending less at restaurants, my laundry has never been more up to date, and I'm doing yoga with hot bitches on the youtubes everyday.

There are some bright spots to this shit

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-20-2020), KevinD (03-21-2020), lost in melb. (03-20-2020), RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Look... the fact of the matter is that with this 'rona boredom, I'm laying pipe like a freshman again. I'm spending less at restaurants, my laundry has never been more up to date, and I'm doing yoga with hot bitches on the youtubes everyday.

There are some bright spots to this shit
    My fucking hero.

Dump some of that extra coin to my boys at Team Rubicon... doesn't look like they are deploying in Canada right now? Maybe there's a local equivalent? I think I might sign up to assist if they need my skill set.

https://teamrubiconusa.org/neighbors/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just wait for Trump to demand that China pay for the pandemic

Bloody Yankees!!!

We want our share too

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Off My Meds Coronavirus 'emergency'? Oregon police ask people to stop calling 911 because they ran out of toilet paper

A police department in Oregon is urging people that if they’ve run out of toilet paper, it’s not worth calling 911.

The Newport Police Department posted the surprising message on its Facebook page as shoppers across the country have flocked to supermarkets to stock up on supplies amid the coronavirus pandemic that has put much of the world on edge.

“It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this. Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet paper. You will survive without our assistance,” NPD wrote.

Many aspects of American life have been reordered as the country has dealt with trying to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Over the past week, images of empty shelves in grocery stores have become a common sight as people rushed to stock up on food and cleaning supplies. Some stores have started implementing sales restrictions of only a limited number of items per person.

Newport is a two-hour drive southwest of Portland.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's a problem. 3 f****** supermarkets today and this is the result

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was just going to call 911 and get my dirty asshole arrested

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I should add, those f****** napkins, pardon me, were the only soft paper items in entire store. No paper towel, no tissue no nuttin

#rantover

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I should add, those f****** napkins, pardon me, were the only soft paper items in entire store. No paper towel, no tissue no nuttin

#rantover
    We're seeing the same thing. I expect we're close to the supply chain catching up here. There's not a shortage, per say, there's a supply chain delay from the massive demand by horders. I'm not sure the same applies to PPE and medical supplies where you might have a capacity issue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    We're seeing the same thing. I expect we're close to the supply chain catching up here. There's not a shortage, per say, there's a supply chain delay from the massive demand by horders. I'm not sure the same applies to PPE and medical supplies where you might have a capacity issue.
    Yes hopefully once the hoarder personality types have satisfied themselves the shelves will begin to fill again.

Absolutely no idea about the latter. I think the entire crowd control exercise is about limiting the number of sick people at one time for the very reason that we don't have the medical supplies/equipment/manpower to tackle a big surge