Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: China Quarantines Millions After Thousands Exposed To Mutating Virus That Has Killed Many

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    To be honest, I don't begrudge his perspective.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I do. They chose to live in NYC in those shitty little apartments. They didn't have to. And that ranting idiot doesn't understand what freedom and liberty truly is.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-23-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (04-23-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-23-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I do. They chose to live in NYC in those shitty little apartments. They didn't have to. And that ranting idiot doesn't understand what freedom and liberty truly is.
    I was going to comment along those same lines... Fuck those NY assholes.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-23-2020), KevinD (04-23-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-23-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    exactly

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-23-2020), KevinD (04-23-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-23-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    From the Chinese press:

Scientists ‘unable to judge’ if US lab is virus source due to lack of govt response
    The Global Times

Responding to viral reports alleging that the novel coronavirus was leaked from a US military biochemical laboratory, Chinese scientists said that they could not make a judgment on the allegation, as the US had not given any public response on the issue.

Shi Yi, a research fellow from the Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, made the remarks at a press conference Thursday, noting that the origin of the virus is a scientific issue requiring a long period of research and involves a great deal of uncertainty.

The remarks came amid circulating reports alleging that the Fort Detrick laboratory, which handles high-level disease-causing materials such as Ebola, in Fredrick, Maryland, may be the origin of the deadly novel coronavirus, which has infected more than 2.6 million Americans with nearly 20,000 deaths as of 4:30 pm Thursday.

The lab was ordered to shut down in July 2019, reportedly for multiple causes, including failure to follow local procedures and a lack of periodic recertification training for workers in the biocontainment laboratories.

Some other posts on social media platforms also alleged that a US armed diplomatic driver and cyclist who was in Wuhan in October 2019 for the cycling competition in the Military World Games, could be patient zero for COVID-19 in Wuhan.

Netizens from both China and the US have called on the US government to respond to public concerns over the above mentioned issues. Some have even launched a petition on the White House website, but the US government has not made any comment so far.

Figuring out the origin of the virus will help prevent a similar pandemic and protect human society, and provide scientific support for humans to take targeted protective measures against the virus, according to Shi.

Scientists from various countries around the world have been committed to the work, including those from China, putting forward different opinions and propositions, Shi said.

However, the research requires mutual corroboration of the abundant biological information and epidemiological evidence available, which will take a long time and is full of uncertainty, he noted, referring to some diseases that have occurred in human history such as AIDS and SARS, whose origins have still not been identified even after decades of research.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with him. But everyone's allowed to vent...

Whatever

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Coronavirus may destroy 40% of the US economy, officials say

By Dana Kennedy - New York Post

The coronavirus pandemic could wipe out 40% of the U.S. economy, quadruple the federal deficit to $3.7 trillion and push the national debt to nearly $27 trillion, the Congressional Budget Office reports.

Fiscal 2020 debt and deficit figures are on track to be the highest since World War II after Congress passed four massive coronavirus response bills; President Trump signed the measures.

Lawmakers will be ultimately be forced to tackle the government’s chronic financial woes given the looming insolvency of Social Security and Medicare, according to the Daily Mail. But when they do, almost none of them will have any experience in successfully doing so.

Congress has not passed a major attack on the deficit since a 1997 law that capped a decade’s worth of politically costly but effective reduction measures.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Start a war. Iran looks good....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Griffin (04-26-2020), perrhaps (04-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    One day in school the teacher asks little Johnny,
    "If there were five birds on the tree and you shoot two birds with your gun then how many would be left?"
    "None because they would all fly away.", replies little Johnny.
    "That is incorrect.", says the teacher, "there would be three left, but I like the way you think."

Then little Johnny asks the teacher,
    "If there were three women on the bench with an ice cream cone, one bitting on the cone, the other sucking the cone, and the last one licking her cone, which one is married?"
    "The one sucking on the cone," guessed the teacher.
    "That is incorrect," replies little Johnny," The one with the wedding ring on her finger is married, but I like the way you think."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-26-2020), KevinD (04-26-2020), lost in melb. (04-27-2020), perrhaps (04-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

E.R. Doctors Urge A Reopening: Lockdown Creating Public Health Crisis, Doctors ‘Pressured’ To Add COVID To Death Reports, Quarantining Healthy ‘Never Seen’ Before

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

During a press conference on Wednesday, California emergency room doctors Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi of Accelerated Urgent Care told reporters that nationwide lockdown policies are not an appropriate reaction to what current data shows about the China-originated novel coronavirus but are instead causing measurable public health issues, like spikes in domestic violence, sexual abuse, depression, and spreading fear to non-COVID-19 related would-be patients that are skipping out on vital health care.

“We understand microbiology, we understand immunology, and we want strong immune systems,” Dr. Erickson told reporters, rebuffing inconsistent shelter-in-place orders . “I don’t want to stay in my home and develop a weak immune system, and then come out and get a disease.”

Erickson noted that quarantining the healthy is like nothing he’s seen before. “We decided to keep people at home and isolate them, even though everything we’ve studied about quarantine, typically you quarantine the sick,” he explained. “When someone has measles you quarantine them. We’ve never seen the healthy, where you take those without disease and without symptoms and lock them in your home. So, some of these things from what we’ve studied from immunology and microbiology aren’t really meshing with what we know as people of scientific minds who read this stuff.”

E.R. doctors across the nation, from California, to Wisconsin, to New York, said Erickson, are seeing folks avoid critical lifesaving care out of fear.

“When I talk to E.R. physicians around the country, what’s happening?” he said. “Well, because COVID has become the focus, people with heart disease, people with cancer, hypertension, and various things that are critical are choosing not to come in based on fear. So what that’s doing is forcing the health care system to focus on COVID and not focus on a myriad of other things that are critical because we don’t have the staff there and the major complaint is fear.”

Meanwhile, he claimed, the fatality rate for COVID-19, which he said might be more contagious than the flu, is on-par with flu fatality rates, if not lower.

“In Kern County, we’ve tested 5,213 people and we have 340 positive COVID cases. Well, that’s 6.5 percent of the population. Which would indicate a widespread viral infection similar to the flu,” the doctor said. “So if you look at California, these numbers are from yesterday, we have 33,865 COVID cases out of a total of 280,900 total tested, that’s 12 percent of Californian’s were positive for COVID.”

“Well, we have 39.5 million people, if we just take a basic calculation and extrapolate that out, that equates to about 4.7 million cases throughout the state of California. Which means this thing is widespread, that’s the good news. We’ve seen 1,227 deaths in the state of California with a possible … prevalence of 4.7 million. That means you have a 0.03 chance of dying from COVID-19 in the state of California,” he continued, adding, “96% of people in California who get COVID recover.”

Dr. Massihi said the initial reaction to apply shelter-in-place two months ago, when all we could rely on was theoretical data, was likely the right call, but now that there is available real data, lockdown orders could create additional harm outside of COVID-19.

Dr. Erickson repeatedly called the initial models, which projected millions of COVID-19 deaths, “woefully inaccurate.” What they are seeing across the nation, and even in the rest of the world, however, is “millions of cases, small amount of death,” he reiterated multiple times.

This holds true even in New York, he argued. There are “19,410 deaths out of 19 million people which is a 0.1% chance of dying from COVID-19 in the state of New York, and they have a 92% recovery rate if you are diagnosed with COVID,” Dr. Erickson said.

Asked by a reporter if “social distancing” was key to dropping our deaths relative to model predictions, Dr. Erickson highlighted Sweden and Norway: both Scandinavian countries, Norway with lockdown and Sweden without. There is no real difference between their death rates to indicate lockdown is warranted, he argued.

Lockdown orders have resulted in, for one thing, a community spike in child molestation, the doctor noted. “Molestation is increasing at a severe rate. We could go over multiple cases of children who have been molested due to angry family members who are intoxicated, who are home who have no paycheck,” he said. “These things last a lifetime … these are things that will follow these people and affect them in a negative fashion for their life and these are secondary effects from COVID.”

Spousal abuse, alcoholism, anxiety, depression, and suicide have also spiked in their community, Dr. Erickson said. “Education has dropped off, economic collapse, medical industry,” he added, “we’re all suffering because our staff isn’t here and we have no volume. These are all real things that I’m seeing every day. I don’t read about this stuff; I’m seeing it in my clinics. We have clinics from Fresno to San Diego and these things are spiking in our community. These things will affect people for a lifetime, not for a season. So let’s let’s make sure we’re clear on that.”

Dr. Erickson also noted that doctors across the country have felt pressured to include COVID on death reports. “It’s interesting, when I’m writing up my death report, I’m being pressured to add COVID,” Dr. Erickson said he’s heard doctors tell him. “Why is that? Why are we being pressured to add COVID? To maybe increase the numbers and make it look a little bit worse than it is? I think so.”

“So this is what I’m hearing from physicians I talked to in Wisconsin, New York, and everywhere,” he said.

Lockdown measures are wildly inconsistent, favoring big businesses, Dr. Erickson added. “So big businesses are open, little businesses are not? There’s no science behind that. As we’ve gone over, that is not science, there’s other factors in play that we don’t have time to go into, but it’s not science. I want to make that clear.”

WATCH:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Good News Coronavirus likely to come back each year, Chinese scientists say

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Scientists in China appeared to dampen hopes that the coronavirus would eventually burn out for good and said the virus, which has been blamed for 200,000 deaths and decimating the world economy, will likely return each year.

Bloomberg reported Monday that these scientists said the virus will likely return in waves due in part to the prevalence of asymptomatic carriers. In past outbreaks, those who get sick are easily identified and quarantined, but that is not the case with SARS-CoV-2.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a coronavirus press briefing earlier this month that the world may never return to the “normal” that was known before the outbreak.

"When we get back to normal, we will go back to the point where we can function as a society,” he said. He continued, “If you want to get back to pre-coronavirus, that might not ever happen in the sense that the threat is there.”

Fauci said people must be prepared for a resurgence next year, which is why officials fighting the pandemic are pushing for a vaccine and clinical trials for therapeutic interventions so “we will have interventions that we did not have” when this started.

The Bloomberg report pointed out that some health officials are calling to the virus to be allowed to spread among the young.

Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi, co-owners of Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield, Calif., joined "The Ingraham Angle" Monday to discuss a series of videos questioning whether California's stay-at-home order is necessary.

"0.03 chance of dying from COVID in the state of California," Erickson says in a recent video. "Does that necessitate sheltering in place? Does that necessitate shutting down medical systems? Does that necessitate people being out of work?"

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire
    “Why is that? Why are we being pressured to add COVID? To maybe increase the numbers and make it look a little bit worse than it is? I think so.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sorry, I don't believe it.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'll post this.
    UK figures, accurate at this time, showing deaths per week compared with the previous 5 year average.
    One can tell COVID has a significant effect on the overall death rate in the UK currently.

Does the US have similar statistics, as I find this chart the most interesting, as it includes all the usual deaths we have etc.

One point of note, in my own little hole of Norn Iron, deaths from heart attacks have dropped 50%, this is being put down to people in lockdown under less stress, and being less strained in work.
    Interesting.