Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: China Quarantines Millions After Thousands Exposed To Mutating Virus That Has Killed Many

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I love all the Chicken Little's out there, especially in the media, trying to keep everyone scare and locked in their homes. THE WU FLU IS SPIKING!! THE WU FLU IS SPIKING!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GOING OUT!!!

This of course has absolutely nothing with the amount of testing going on. Nope, nothing at all, thousands upon thousands of tests every day has nothing at all to do with the number of positive cases being reported.. And these Chicken Little's neglect to mention that while the number of cases is going up, deaths and hospitalizations are not. Even on the local news here, there are STILL daily Wu Flu stats to start off the evening news and the number they use for hospitalizations in BIG NUMBERS is the number of TOTAL people that have been hospitalized during the Chop Fluey. Then in a small font at the bottom they show the current number of hospitalizations which is a small fraction of the amount of the big scary number.
    If you make enough bigoted comments, Trump promises that the virus will just go away, just like that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    My county is not under any form of quarantine. When this first happened, restaurants were closed, and most private small businesses were as well. There are still a few places that are involuntarily still closed or with restricted access. Bar none, these are all chain stores that are under corporate guidelines. I have heard that the city of Huston has mandated masks again,but haven't confirmed that. Now that my dad has passed, and mom moved, I have zero reason to go to Houston.

Oh, and my sherriff's office is where I get my numbers from. The rate of infections hasn't significantly changed at any point since Feb when the lockdowns started. Tell me again how masks and quarantine for healthy people help?
    In answer to your question they can reduce your chances of getting infected and be an invisible carrier where you take it back and infect your whole family.

I'm actually reading in the news right now how a single family birthday party on Texas has given 18 people covid. Yes, it has a larger chance of killing people with existing conditions, but how many people have existing health conditions that could have years of life ahead?

Perhaps you don't live in the city or you don't have a large extended family, so I understand how it would be personally frustrating.

Btw some ICUs have capped in Houston due to Covid

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

"Twenty-eight percent of the ICU patients are being treated for COVID-19" The rest of the beds are full because people were so scared to go to the hospital for the last 3 months that whatever non covid issue they were having got so bad they were put in ICU.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-27-2020), lost in melb. (06-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    so Covid (for one reason or another) has pushed them over capacity. We are agreed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Griffin (06-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    In answer to your question they can reduce your chances of getting infected and be an invisible carrier where you take it back and infect your whole family.

I'm actually reading in the news right now how a single family birthday party on Texas has given 18 people covid. Yes, it has a larger chance of killing people with existing conditions, but how many people have existing health conditions that could have years of life ahead?

Perhaps you don't live in the city or you don't have a large extended family, so I understand how it would be personally frustrating.

The vast, vast majority of so called masks do absolutely nothing. Not opinion, fact. I've had many years of trading on various masks via the military, fire department, and safety dealing with petrochemicals. What little the majority of masks do is when you cough or sneeze into yours, it does limit the spread. Anyone who is NOT sick doesn't need to wear one. There are actually adverse effects to wearing even the better ones too much.
    Theres more to the birthday party than you're being told. Dig deeper.
    You're point about those who do have existing conditions is valid. Those folks are the ones that need to isolate. Just as the sensible ones already do for flue season, etc.
    I have no comment on the ICU in Houston being full. I haven't read anything about that (though, I haven't read much of anything the last 2 days. Have worked 46hrs in 3 days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Oh, and Lost...thought of you when I saw this. Perhaps a tad more insight into the US culture...haha. have a great day mate.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-27-2020), Hikari Kisugi (06-27-2020), lost in melb. (06-27-2020), Pony (06-27-2020), RBP (06-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perrhaps View Post
    If you make enough bigoted comments, Trump promises that the virus will just go away, just like that.

Come on! It has basically disappeared... Except...well...

When he travels to locations where the virus is surging, every venue the President enters is inspected for potential areas of contagion by advance security and medical teams, according to people familiar with the arrangements. Bathrooms designated for the President's use are scrubbed and sanitized before he arrives. Staff maintain a close accounting of who will come into contact with the President to ensure they receive tests.

While the White House phases out steps such as temperature checks and required mask-wearing in the West Wing -- changes meant to signal the country is moving on -- those around the President still undergo regular testing. And even as Trump attempts to put the pandemic behind him by encouraging reopening and downplaying the new surge, there are signs of the still-raging pandemic even within his orbit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The vast, vast majority of so called masks do absolutely nothing. Not opinion, fact. I've had many years of trading on various masks via the military, fire department, and safety dealing with petrochemicals. What little the majority of masks do is when you cough or sneeze into yours, it does limit the spread. Anyone who is NOT sick doesn't need to wear one. There are actually adverse effects to wearing even the better ones too much.
    Theres more to the birthday party than you're being told. Dig deeper.
    You're point about those who do have existing conditions is valid. Those folks are the ones that need to isolate. Just as the sensible ones already do for flue season, etc.
    I have no comment on the ICU in Houston being full. I haven't read anything about that (though, I haven't read much of anything the last 2 days. Have worked 46hrs in 3 days.
    Look, you're absolutely correct. It's best served to stop germs going out not coming in. Personally, I've never worn one.

But, if things were as bad here as the US I might consider it. It's kind of ironic that they expect people to wear masks when they can't even maintain basic distancing regimes, though. Our breakouts are in the poor immigrant areas, but I can't help wonder if Americans are just too headstrong to keep up any kind of outwardly-imposed regime for too long. As usual we are comparing apples and oranges!

Oh, and Lost...thought of you when I saw this. Perhaps a tad more insight into the US culture...haha. have a great day mate.

Last edited by lost in melb.; 06-27-2020 at 08:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

CDC Data Sources (Accessed on 23-June-2020)

Full webpage: https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23...q8NmSl8uI132NU

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-28-2020), lost in melb. (06-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    But, if things were as bad here as the US I might consider it. It's kind of ironic that they expect people to wear masks when they can't even maintain basic distancing regimes, though. Our breakouts are in the poor immigrant areas, but I can't help wonder if Americans are just too headstrong to keep up any kind of outwardly-imposed regime for too long. As usual we are comparing apples and oranges!
    Yep. That about sums us up. We're very stubborn about government telling us what we can and can't do. Even if it's to "protect us" from ourselves.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post

CDC Data Sources (Accessed on 23-June-2020)

Full webpage: https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23...q8NmSl8uI132NU
    My take away: "People of ALL AGES are 100% going to die from COVID"
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hikari Kisugi (06-28-2020), Pony (06-27-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I don't remember....do you work for CNN or MSNBC?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-29-2020)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    love it, hahaha

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You know you qualify for the 55+ bracket now

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    You know you qualify for the 55+ bracket now
    I do not. Although next year, when I do, I can officially begin my campaign of terror against my wife. Every time I say "I'd like a senior coffee" or "do you offer a senior discount" she will slightly twitch before regaining her composure.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-29-2020)