Thread: Father Banned From Coaching Son’s Hockey Team For Refusing To Take Gender Identity Course, Report Says

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

SJW Father Banned From Coaching Son’s Hockey Team For Refusing To Take Gender Identity Course, Report Says

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

According to a report, a father who had assisted as a volunteer in coaching his son’s hockey team for three years has been barred from coaching because he refused to take a mandatory gender identity training course.

The Canadian man, identified by Quillette as “John Doe” because, as the Quillettewriter surmises, he could accused of transphobia for speaking to the media, completed a series of mandated courses, and says he supports anti-discrimination efforts led by Hockey Eastern Ontario and the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF). Those organizations supervise minor hockey in Ontario, from players as young as six years old.

Doe’s objections were triggered by a 33-slide module on gender in the required gender diversity course. He told Quillette, “I would be fine taking an awareness course if it [were] factual and based in science. But I felt it was too ideological.” Now, he states, “I can’t coach. I can’t be on the bench. I can’t help on the ice —even just to help on the ice, you need this training.”

As Quillette notes, the case that precipitated new training requirements revolved around Jesse Thompson, a girl who identified as a boy and complained about not having access to the boys’ locker room. Ultimately OHF deferred to an LGBT activist organization called Egale Canada to create new training materials.

Quillette notes, “Egale, a Toronto-based charity founded in 1986, has published materials indicating that children understand their gender identity ‘between the ages of three and five.’ And in the gender identity course that Egale produced for the OHF, it ratcheted that age down to ‘between 18-30 months.’”

Several slides from the module on gender argue “the gender binary … was imposed on Native societies … including on the land we now know as Canada.”

Quillette writes:

On another slide, amid a parade of variously configured pink and blue male/female stick-people, the concept of “polygender” is introduced to define “people who identify as multiple genders simultaneously and can be several genders all at once. Or they may alternate between their varying gender identities depending on the day or the week.” Coaches also get a slide on “genderqueer” individuals, who exist in an undefined extra-dimensional gender space that allows them to “reject gender altogether”—though this is not to be confused with “agender” (it gets its own slide), a label that applies to those who are merely “genderless.”

Doe asked for a temporary exemption so he could explain to OHF why he objected; that request was denied. Quillette writes that Hockey Canada’s Senior Vice-President for Insurance and Risk Management wrote back saying the course was required. That prompted Doe to write to Egale Canada and challenged some of the materials for the course, which yielded no different result.

OHF notes in their handbook, “In 2018-19, the OHF represented over 190,000 registered players. In addition to that playing membership, the OHF also involves in excess of 50,000 coaches and 7,000 officials. The main objectives of the OHF are: to foster, promote, encourage the sport of amateur hockey; provide opportunities for all players to play the sport; promote the orderly development of all categories, and to coordinate and conduct competitions for Branch, Regional and National Championships.”

Doe concluded, “The more I looked into it [on the Internet], the more I saw that I wasn’t alone. There’s a lot of people speaking out and who are unhappy with how the activists are controlling the narrative around this.”

@RBP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    The guys a transphobe. The correct decision was made. This thing is here.. People better start realizing that these people are here and they want to play. Fuck your personal feelings on the matter.. Coach the kids or get out of the fuckin' way.. Bigot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Where in that article is there anything that makes him a transphobe? Where is there any mention that any kids don't belong? What makes him a bigot?
    Do you honestly think it's a good idea to allow someone with a vagina and budding tits to be in the same showers with a bunch of swinging dicks approaching puberty?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-23-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I'm not even going here with you, Griffin. I like you, but from what I have read in your posts I feel I'd I'd be wasting my breath as we obviously live in 2 different worlds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I can see that it's just a matter of time before I have to take a course like this to continue being a psychologist. I would actually welcome it. My internet meme-fed preconceptions aside, I really know nothing about the issue

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    The guys a transphobe. The correct decision was made. This thing is here.. People better start realizing that these people are here and they want to play. Fuck your personal feelings on the matter.. Coach the kids or get out of the fuckin' way.. Bigot.
    Okay Your feelings and those who think like you are the only valid opinions. Got it. Stay woke, bruh.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I can see that it's just a matter of time before I have to take a course like this to continue being a psychologist. I would actually welcome it. My internet meme-fed preconceptions aside, I really know nothing about the issue
    I hope you never have to take a course like that. That sounds like lawsuit-driven pandering activism.

Get some actual training... and you'll still squint at 90% of it.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I hope you never have to take a course like that. That sounds like lawsuit-driven pandering activism.

Get some actual training... and you'll still squint at 90% of it.
    My hope would be that it's a science-backed approach. I respect my state government, but they have this bad habit of arrogantly mandating stuff for our guild without consultation, purely due to political pressure. They declare it law and then we have to do it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    In my opinion, all of this pronoun horseshit is just people vying for more attention than they deserve. I guess some of it could be legitimate gender dysphoria, but it's probably only a small percentage. A bunch of nobodies saw someone with the legitimate condition and decided to run with it for their own selfish attention seeking reasons. Then the media picked up on it and more nobodies saw it and decided they wanted in on the action too, because "Hey! Look at me!". And now, here we are.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-26-2020)