Thread: Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish caught pleading ‘Please don’t be me’ before fifth win

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish caught pleading ‘Please don’t be me’ before fifth win

By Hannah Sparks - The New York Post

Billie Eilish took home the most Grammy wins last night of any other performer this year, with five in all.

But she doesn’t seem to know why.

Just before announcing the winner for Album of the Year, the 18-year-old singer could be seen at her seat mouthing, “Please don’t be me” on camera.

She reacted by throwing her arms into the air and shouting “No” as her name was called for the award, against artists including Ariana Grande, Lizzo, Post Malone & Swae Lee, Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus, Bon Iver, Khalid and H.E.R.

She and her brother, 22-year-old producer Finneas O’Connell, kept it short and sweet during their acceptance.

“Thank you,” said Eilish after her fifth win that night for her single “Bad Guy.”

It wasn’t her first time in the night rejecting acclaim. Earlier in the show, Eilish gave a shout-out to 26-year-old Grande during her acceptance for Album of the Year for 2019’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”

“Can I just say I think Ariana Grande deserves this?” said Eilish before making a quick exit.

“We stand up here confused and grateful,” Finneas O’Connell, her 22-year-old brother added.

The sibling duo swept last night’s ceremony’s at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, taking home five golden statuettes together for categories including Best New Artist, Song Of The Year (“Bad Guy”) as well as Best Pop Vocal Album earlier in the evening. Separately, O’Connell took home two other Grammys for his production work on “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” — an album the pair recorded together in their bedrooms at home.

Eilish’s team on the album also includes Rob Kinelski and O’Connell as engineers/mixers and John Greenham as mastering engineer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Billie Eilish took home the most Grammy wins last night of any other performer this year, with five in all.

But she doesn’t seem to know why.
    I've no idea either

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-29-2020), RBP (01-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    She shouldn't have attended the event if it was a big deal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I liked her album last year, it was different, but I didn't think it deserved every win it got.