Thread: Beyoncé and Jay-Z stay seated during Super Bowl national anthem performance: report

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Woke Beyoncé and Jay-Z stay seated during Super Bowl national anthem performance: report

By Nate Day | Fox News

Music superstars Beyoncé and Jay-Z chose to remain seated during Demi Lovato's performance of the national anthem at Super Bowl LIV.

The pair attended the game with their daughter Blue Ivy, who also stayed in her seat, according to TMZ.

In images obtained by the outlet, the musical family can be seen sitting during the performance while others stood.

Jay-Z's entertainment company Roc Nation holds a partnership with the NFL, giving him a say in what artists perform at major NFL events -- including the Super Bowl.

After the song, DJ Khaled stopped by and spoke with Jay-Z, which was also seen in TMZ's photos.

Jay-Z recently spoke to the New York Times about his partnership with the NFL, insisting that it was not made for economic gain, but instead to promote education surrounding social justice.

“As long as real people are being hurt and marginalized and losing family members, then yes, I can take a couple rounds of negative press,” he said of the backlash received for the partnership, which some say as a betrayal of Colin Kaepernick and his protests within the NFL.

“No one is saying he hasn’t been done wrong. He was done wrong,” Jay-Z said. “I would understand if it was three months ago. But it was three years ago and someone needs to say, ‘What do we do now -- because people are still dying?”

Fox News' Bradford Betz contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Fuck these two commies.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-03-2020), Griffin (02-03-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (02-03-2020), teabelly (02-03-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Jay-Z explains why he was seated during Super Bowl LIV national anthem

By Nate Day | Fox News

Jay-Z is clearing the air.

The rapper and his wife, Beyoncé, drew criticism and praise for staying seated during the national anthem at Super Bowl LIV on Sunday.

TMZ was able to obtain photos of the couple sitting with their daughter Blue Ivy during Demi Lovato's performance.

Now, the outlet has obtained footage of Jay-Z, 50, explaining that he wasn't making a political statement but was actually observing the show.

Jay-Z visited Columbia University in New York for a Q&A session when he was asked whether his sitting down was meant to send a message.

"It actually wasn't," he stated plainly. "Sorry."

He explained that he was busy observing the show, which he had a hand in producing thanks to a deal between his company Roc Nation and the NFL.

"We get there and we immediately jump into artist mode," he explained. "...So now I'm just really looking at the show. Did the mics start? Was it too low to start?"

The rapper continued, saying that he wanted to make sure that fans at home could "really feel the music," so it was important to him that every aspect of the song was perfect.

He also noted that he was closely watching Yolanda Adams perform "America the Beautiful," critiquing what shots the cameras were capturing.

"The whole time, we're sitting there, we're talking about the performance and right after that, Demi comes out and we're talking about how beautiful she looked and how she sounds and what she's going through in her life for her to be on the stage, we're so proud of her," he said.

Additionally, Jay-Z said that he and Beyoncé, 38, wouldn't have put their 8-year-old daughter in that position.

"It just happened," he noted. "I didn't have to make a silent protest. If you look at the stage, the artists that we chose, Colombian [Shakira], Puerto Rican JLo ... we were making the biggest loudest protest of all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    :roll" i smell shite.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    His hair looks like a dirty Q-tip.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I would almost accept it if he had said that he shit his pants and didn't want to embarrass himself. And his wife stayed seated so that he wouldn't be alone in his misery.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.