Thread: Brad Pitt gets political with Oscars acceptance speech, jabs Senate for Trump impeachment acquittal

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Brad Pitt gets political with Oscars acceptance speech, jabs Senate for Trump impeachment acquittal

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

After winning the first award of the 2020 Oscars, Brad Pitt took a shot at Republican senators who voted against calling witnesses at President Trump’s impeachment trial.

The four-time Academy Award nominee won the best-supporting actor accolade for his role as a stuntman in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” The win marked his first-ever Academy Award win for acting. He immediately took the stage and got political by taking a jab at senators who voted against Democrats’ requests to call new witnesses in the impeachment trial, specifically former National Security Adviser John Bolton, who claimed he was willing to testify.

“They told me I only have 45 seconds up here, which is 45 seconds more than the Senate gave John Bolton this week,” Pitt said. “I’m thinking maybe Quentin [Tarantino] does a movie about it. In the end, the adults do the right thing.”

No new witnesses were called in Trump’s impeachment trial, for which he was ultimately acquitted by the Senate in a vote across party lines, with the exception of a lone Republican vote to convict coming from Sen. Mitt Romney.

Pitt had been expected to win the category after scooping up a series of honors this year, including at the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards. Pitt’s politically driven tone was significantly different than previous wins, where he kept it light with jokes and breezy speeches.

Speaking backstage, the actor explained why he included a political jab in his Oscars acceptance speech.

"I was really disappointed with this week," he told reporters (via IndieWire). "And I think when gamesmanship trumps doing the right thing, it’s a sad day and I don’t think we should let it slide, and I’m very serious about that."

Pitt was more somber on Sunday, calling his win “incredible” as his peers cheered.

The actor plays the stunt double of an aging cowboy actor played by Leonardo DiCaprio, a best actor nominee, in Quentin Tarantino’s 1969 Hollywood fable.

“‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,’ ain’t that the truth,” an emotional Pitt said before he thanked his children, Tarantino and DiCaprio.

“I’ll ride on your coattails any day,” he concluded of his co-star. “The view’s fantastic.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    So disapoint.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Dammit, Brad. *Adds Pitt to the rejection list*

If these morons keep on talking shit, then I'm just gonna have to stop watching movies and TV altogether.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

If these morons keep on talking shit, then I'm just gonna have to stop watching movies and TV altogether.
    No doubt..

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Unfortunate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (02-10-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Joaquin Phoenix's speech was so bizarre too, going on about how we shouldn't drink cow's milk Bud, take the award. If you wanna talk shit on twitter like the rest of us that's totally fine by me, have almost any opinion you want, I just won't follow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Muddy (02-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,208 Posts
    They need to get in Ricky Gervais here as well

Mind you part of this is Trump's Karma that he is solely and exclusively responsible for. A Uniter he is not.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    They need to get in Ricky Gervais here as well

Mind you part of this is Trump's Karma that he is solely and exclusively responsible for. A Uniter he is not.
    The Boogeyman..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Something that Trump supporters don't really get is... outside his base and outside America he is not a popular fellow. Gratitude for anything good that he might have done - not!

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix's speech was so bizarre too, going on about how we shouldn't drink cow's milk Bud, take the award. If you wanna talk shit on twitter like the rest of us that's totally fine by me, have almost any opinion you want, I just won't follow.
    Thats because hes a crack head