Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boys Competing With Girls Won Track Meets. The Girls Just Filed A Lawsuit In Federal Court.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Law Boys Competing With Girls Won Track Meets. The Girls Just Filed A Lawsuit In Federal Court.

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

On Wednesday, a lawsuit was filed in federal court by three high school girls and their mothers against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), which has permitted boys to compete in events and win awards that would otherwise have gone to girls.

Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Chelsea Mitchell, represented by Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), were denied opportunities to compete at higher levels as boys took home the prizes. CIAC’s policy allowed two males to compete in girls’ athletic competitions beginning in the 2017 track season. Those boys have taken 15 women’s state championship titles (titles held in 2016 by nine different Connecticut girls) and have taken more than 85 opportunities to participate in higher level competitions from female track athletes in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons alone.

Mitchell, who is currently ranked the fastest biological girl in Connecticut in the 55m, lost four girls’ state championships and two all-New England awards. She recalled, “I knew that I was the fastest girl here, one of the fastest in the state. I remembered all my training and everything I had been taught on how to maximize my performance … I thought of all the times that other girls have lost. I could feel the adrenaline in my blood and hope that wafted from me. That just possibly, I could win this. Then, the gun went off. And I lost.”

Soule missed qualifying for the state championship 55m final and an opportunity to qualify for the New England championship by one spot in the 2018-19 season as two spots were taken by boys. She said, “It’s very frustrating and heartbreaking when us girls are at the start of the race and we already know that these [male] athletes are going to come out and win no matter how hard you try. They took away the spots of deserving girls, athletes … me being included.”

Smith, whose father is MLB Hall of Famer relief pitcher Lee Smith, won the 400m at the 2019 outdoor New England Regional 
Championships as a freshman and finished second in the 200m at the New England Regional 
Championships. She stated, “Even before I get to the track, I already know that I’m not going to 
get first place, or maybe even second place . . . I know that no matter how hard I work, I won’t be able to have the top spot.”

ADF Legal Counsel Christiana Holcomb stated, “Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field. Forcing them to compete against boys isn’t fair, shatters their dreams, and destroys their athletic opportunities. Having separate boys’ and girls’ sports has always been based on biological differences, not what people believe about their gender, because those differences matter for fair competition. And forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics. Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

The complaint filed in Soule v. Connecticut Association of Schools states that policies that permit boys to compete in girls sports threaten Title IX gains because “inescapable biological facts of the human species [are] not stereotypes, ‘social constructs,’ or relicts of past discrimination. As a result of these many inherent physiological differences between men and women after puberty, male athletes consistently achieve records 10-20% higher than comparably fit and trained women across almost all athletic events, with even wider consistent disparities in long-term endurance events and contests of sheer strength such as weight-lifting.”

The complaint adds, “In sum, the real-world result of the CIAC Policy is that in Connecticut interscholastic track competitions, while highly competitive girls are experiencing the no doubt character-building ‘agony of defeat,’ they are systematically being deprived of a fair and equal opportunity to experience the ‘thrill of victory.’ A transgender athlete advocate recently wrote that this should be accepted because part of competitive sports is ‘learning to lose.’ A policy such as the CIAC Policy that ensures that girls get extra lessons in losing, however, cannot be reconciled with Title IX.”

ADF Senior Vice President of U.S. Legal Division Kristen Waggoner concluded, “Girls deserve the same opportunity as boys to excel and chase their dreams. Allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports shatters those dreams and steals opportunities. Boys have physical advantages over girls. It’s dispiriting to girls competing against boys to know what the outcome likely is before the race even starts. The government shouldn’t rob these girls of the opportunity not only to win, but to earn college scholarships and launch their own careers in athletics, coaching, and more.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-13-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I hope the girls win and put an end to this bullshit.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-13-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (02-13-2020), RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I hope the girls win and put an end to this bullshit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (02-13-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This paragraph hits the nail on the head:

The complaint filed in Soule v. Connecticut Association of Schools states that policies that permit boys to compete in girls sports threaten Title IX gains because “inescapable biological facts of the human species [are] not stereotypes, ‘social constructs,’ or relicts of past discrimination. As a result of these many inherent physiological differences between men and women after puberty, male athletes consistently achieve records 10-20% higher than comparably fit and trained women across almost all athletic events, with even wider consistent disparities in long-term endurance events and contests of sheer strength such as weight-lifting.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Pony (12-12-2020), RBP (02-14-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    About time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020)

Newly Seeking Shelter
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I guess the only choice is to roll back 100 years of feminism. When equal opportunity is forced on people everyone suffers. #sarcasm

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpurNine For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Time is a flat circle At some point we'll be told to applaud for the reinvention of strictly female sports, and us old farts will be going wait... haven't we seen this one before.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (12-14-2020), RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    This nonsense seems mostly confined to school related stuff.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    More here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1136261
    Legally, they may be shot.

The Connecticut Association of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference says its policy follows a state anti-discrimination law that says students must be treated in school by the gender with which they identify and the group believes the policy is “appropriate under both state and federal law.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I anticipate civil disobedience in the end. Girls will simply refuse to complete

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just adding thoughts as they come.

There's a tricky grey area though. What about team sports? Seems odd that a trans girl can use a girls toilets, train with a female team (which is arguably fair enough) but not compete with another female team.
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 02-14-2020 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Correction

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Just adding thoughts as they come.

There's a tricky grey area though. What about team sports? Seems odd that a trans girl can use a trans toilets, train with a female team (which is arguably fair enough) but not compete with another female team.
    Just stop. You're playing their game.

The only real solution is eliminating gender-based sports entirely. You want equality. Okay, we're down.

It's either that or find a way to get the SJW's to use their fucking brain. Either or.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There was a bill under debate in the Colorado state house yesterday. A couple of republicans introduced it that would prohibit just this, barring biological boys, whether they "identify" as girls or not, from competing in girls sports. But, because the democrats control everything here in this state, it was of course defeated on a partisan vote.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Just stop. You're playing their game.

The only real solution is eliminating gender-based sports entirely. You want equality. Okay, we're down.

It's either that or find a way to get the SJW's to use their fucking brain. Either or.
    You missed my subtle point Mr. Cock or Cunt

26. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-15-2020)