Thread: Instagram Model Claims Tinder Banned Her Because People Thought Her Account Was Too Attractive To Be Real

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Look At Me Instagram Model Claims Tinder Banned Her Because People Thought Her Account Was Too Attractive To Be Real

JAKE MASSEY - Lad Bible

For most Tinder users, the challenge is trying to make yourself look as desirable as possible, in the hope of earning that swipe to the right. Using a picture of you with a filter, a dog or a hot friend are popular strategies.

But for an Instagram model in the US, looking too good actually turned out to be her downfall.

Holly Valentine, from Los Angeles, California, claims she was banned from the app after people reported her account as fake.

The 26-year-old - who has 1.2 million followers on Instagram - spends a lot of time travelling around the country for shoots and said she downloaded the app in the hope of dating while on the road.

After uploading some 'clean' photos of herself and having a few swipes, she put her phone down and tucked into some Game of Thrones. But when she checked back on her progress she found she had received messages from matches accusing her of being fake and was then locked out of the app.

Holly then tried to re-download the app and sign in but said she was denied access.

Recounting how she got rejected by the dating app itself, she said: "I travel a lot so I wanted to date and meet new people when I was travelling and in town, so I bought the most expensive package that they offer that lets you set your location to anywhere.

"It's like $86 [£66] which for an app is expensive. I used clean pictures, did everything I was supposed to, swiped right on a couple people, I got some matches and then started binge watching Game of Thrones.

"Then after a couple hours I went back on saw a couple previews of messages and then got locked out of the app. The previews that I did see were 'you're probably not real', 'why would a girl like you be on tinder', 'why won't you answer!?!?'"

She continued: "I didn't even get to meet anyone or even really use the app. I did some research and learned you can get banned from Tinder so I figured I must have gotten flagged on there so I contacted Tinder and Apple asking for a refund.

"Tinder gave me no response and Apple gave me a canned answer basically saying refunds are up to the discretion of the app and Tinder isn't agreeing to it but they won't tell us why."

You might think that Holly would have no need for an app like Tinder, but she insists she is shy when it comes to dating.

This shyness may be surprising when you consider Holly has also become one of the highest-earners on OnlyFans, where she shares exclusive content with subscribers.

She said: "I had never done anything like that and I was really curious but I was working in an office every day and just didn't think I could do it. Then I met a girl who did it and I just kind of went for it.

"I tried everything from Instagram to Snapchat to OnlyFans to YouTube and it all just made sense to me immediately and then I just realised this is what I'm supposed to do. And it's fun."

Tinder has been contacted for comment regarding Holly's reported blocking from the app.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Worth a length right enough

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-14-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Worth a length right enough
    can someone translate?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    can someone translate?
    click clack to the glory hand..

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    can someone translate?
    Worth fucking Scottish slang

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-14-2020), RBP (02-15-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I'd try her. Probably ask for a refund though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-15-2020)