Thread: 1980 'Miracle On Ice' Players Slammed For Appearing In KAG Caps At Trump Rally

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn 1980 'Miracle On Ice' Players Slammed For Appearing In KAG Caps At Trump Rally

Ed Mazza - HuffPost

President Donald Trump honored 14 members of the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” Olympic hockey team in Las Vegas on Friday. And the move had some fans giving the team the freeze.

The improbable U.S. victory over the dominant Soviet hockey team in the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, N.Y., was punctuated by sportscaster Al Michaels calling out in the final seconds: “Do you believe in miracles? Yes!”

Sports Illustrated ranked it as the No. 1 moment in U.S. sports history.

The victory allowed the U.S. team to advance to face Finland, who they defeated for the gold medal.

The team’s Twitter account claimed the appearance with Trump wasn’t about politics or “choosing sides.”

“This is about proudly representing the United States of America,” the team tweeted. “Whether your beliefs are Democratic, Republican or Independent, etc. we support that and are proud to represent the USA.”

But given that the appearance took place at a Trump campaign rally and that most of the team members donned Trump’s red “Keep America Great” caps, fans weren’t buying it:

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    You can only openly support Obama, not Trump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (02-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious ‘Miracle On Ice’ Team Shamed By Washington Post For Meeting Trump

By Ashe Schow - The Daily Wire

The Washington Post on Tuesday attempted to shame the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team that defeated the Russian team in what is known as the “Miracle on Ice” because some appeared with President Donald Trump.

To briefly recap: The men responsible for defeating Russia at hockey during the Cold War are now being harassed by Democrats and the Left for appearing with the president of the United States.

The Post spoke to exactly one player from the team, Mike Eruzione, in order to get him to suggest he regretted wearing one of Trump’s “Keep America Great” hats when he appeared on stage with the president Friday night in Las Vegas, Nevada. Eruzione has been getting harassed by people who despise Trump, yet the Post spun the story as if the team deserved the harassment because some of them dared to wear hats that Trump’s political opponents have deemed racist. Many people simply refuse to allow the media or the Left the ability to determine what is and isn’t considered a hate symbol. For the record, the media and the Left would have deemed campaign gear from any Republican candidate as hateful.

But now the media has turned its attention to hockey players. It also should be noted that the media does this to any recognizable person who appears on stage with Trump. When asked about the Left-led “backlash,” Eruzione told the post: “You going to light into me, too? We’re getting killed!”

Eruzione, 65, would later illustrate to the Post that there’s a whole world outside of politics that hasn’t been brainwashed into thinking a hat is a racist symbol or that anyone who doesn’t actively hate Trump must be a racist. The former U.S. Olympic team captain said that after they met with Trump for photos to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the “Miracle on Ice,” they were ushered on stage for Trump’s rally and handed the red “Keep America Great” hats.

“If we knew we were going to piss off this many people, we probably would not have put the hats on,” said Eruzione, 65, who served as the team’s captain and scored the game-winning goal against the Soviet team. “That’s the big question here. A lot of the stuff I got was, ‘You guys said it’s not political, but when you put the hats on, you made it political.’”

Eruzione then said he didn’t realize how much hate he would get from wearing the hat.

“I just put it on. I wasn’t thinking. Maybe this shows I’m naive, shows I’m stupid. I don’t know. I don’t follow politics. I know he’s had some issues and said a lot of things people don’t like,” he told the Post.

The Post then spoke to people who supported the idea that the hats are racist to conclude the team somehow did something wrong by appearing with the president of the United States (something the Post never would have done when Barack Obama was president), including a college professor who made the prejudiced determination that a student wore a “Make America Great Again” hat to his class to direct “a hateful message” toward him.

For added measure, the Post included the story of a man who murdered six Muslims and who apparently read Trump’s Twitter feed as evidence Trump is bad, while only briefly mentioning that Trump supporters who wear the hat have been physically assaulted by leftists.