By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Actress Vanessa Hudgens was forced to issue multiple apologies on Tuesday for remarks that she made Monday about the coronavirus, which originated in China.

“Um, yeah, till July sounds like a bunch of bulls**t,” Hudgens said during an Instagram Live video yesterday. “I’m sorry, but like, it’s a virus, I get it, like, I respect it, but at the same time, even if everybody gets it, like, yeah, people are going to die, which is terrible, but like, inevitable. I don’t know, maybe I shouldn’t be doing this right now.”

Hudgens backtracked on Tuesday, claiming that her remarks were “being taken out of context.”

“Hey guys, so yesterday I did an Instagram Live and I realize today that some of my comments are being taken out of context,” Hudgens said. “It’s a crazy time. It’s a crazy, crazy time and I am at home and in lock down and that’s what I hope you guys are doing too, in full quarantine and staying safe and staying, um, yeah, I don’t take this situation lightly by any means. I am home. So, stay inside y’all.”

Hudgens later released a statement posted to her Twitter account in which she apologized for her remarks.

“Hey guys. I’m so sorry for the way I have offended anyone and everyone who has seen the clip from my Instagram Live yesterday,” Hudgens wrote. “I realize my words were not appropriate for the situation our country and the world are in right now. This has been a huge wake up call about the significance my words have, now more than ever. I’m sending safe wishes to everyone to stay safe and healthy during this crazy time.”

Actor James Woods hammered Hudgens on Twitter, writing, “Imagine you had vulnerable elderly relatives. Now imagine you had a brain and, more importantly, a heart. Then rethink this and delete it. And don’t talk for a while. #VanessaHudgens #CoronavirusPandemic #SheerStupidity”

Another Twitter user wrote: “Can’t believe the first COVID celebrity death was Vanessa Hudgens’ career.”

Human Events Managing Editor Ian Miles Cheong wrote: “Vanessa Hudgens will now blame the coronavirus for the death of her career.”

Hudgens’s remarks come as the U.S. surpassed 100 deaths on Tuesday from the coronavirus.

“The 101 deaths, all announced in the last three weeks, came as the number of known coronavirus cases in the United States soared past 5,600 on Tuesday. Hundreds more people are learning they have the illness each day, including more than 800 diagnoses on both Monday and Tuesday, as the nation’s testing capacity has grown significantly and as the virus spreads,” The New York Times reported. “About half the country’s reported deaths have been in Washington State, including at least 30 linked to a long-term care facility in the Seattle suburb of Kirkland. Residents of at least two more long-term care facilities in Washington, plus others in Kansas and South Carolina, have also died, underscoring the elevated risks for older adults and people with underlying health problems.”