Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An interesting take on Corona. Worth a read IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

I'd better run before dgx steps in and gives me a lecture

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Serious question.... The public is fucking stupid, obviously. And the media is fucking complicit. SO... how long can they get away with it? How high does unemployment need to go, how many people need to lack in basics, before the looting begins? Then the riots. The people with the guns in this country are very very patient... until you step across the line.
    I think it's kind of hilarious that you assume the ravishingly hungry hordes that can't get a job are going to be the ones without the guns

All that all those right wingers with the guns are going to be defending the rights of small government, all while they have no work or income - and apparently standing in front of the supermarkets defending Liberty and Justice (which is actually abstract concepts that have been abused by the Super Wealthy who have perfected the art of gaming the system and fleecing the entire world - yum yum yum!!) while they actually starve themselves.
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 03-20-2020 at 09:08 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

I'd better run before dgx steps in and gives me a lecture
    RBP's right: We (He and I, Americans, vs you, non-Americans) do have a fundamental difference of ideas of what government is supposed to be and what they're supposed to handle.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-28-2022), KevinD (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think it's kind of hilarious that you assume the ravishingly hungry hordes that can't get a job are going to be the ones without the guns

All that all those right wingers with the guns are going to be defending the rights of small government, all while they have no work or income - and apparently standing in front of the supermarkets defending Liberty and Justice (which is actually abstract concepts that have been abused by the Super Wealthy who have perfected the art of gaming the system and fleecing the entire world - yum yum yum!!) while they actually starve themselves.
    I think it's funny that you think your assumptions are correct and that the scenario is going to play out the way you've painted it. Again, a fundamental difference of ideas.

I would defer to the person who understands the people in the surrounding area in which he or she lives, personally.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-28-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    RBP's right: We (He and I, Americans, vs you, non-Americans) do have a fundamental difference of ideas of what government is supposed to be and what they're supposed to handle.
    By right, you mean in the right, right?

We don't know how this will play out yet. There's not much of a historical basis for what might happen, except the great depression.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    By right, you mean in the right, right?

We don't know how this will play out yet. There's not much of a historical basis for what might happen, except the great depression.
    I meant "not wrong". So yeah, 'in the right'.

Personally, I think this will probably be done in 2 to 3 months time and cooler heads will prevail, but there will probably be flare ups in major cities here and there. I also think that we as a nation will address the kink in the armor afterwards: China as a major supplier. It poses a risk and this has proven it. Globalization is effectively over. Manufacturing will come home. It has to now.

In my area, we're armed to the teeth down here. Nobody's gonna do jack shit.

Up in Chicago, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm betting the gangs will have the run of the place up until martial law is declared. I could be wrong though. I'll defer to RBP's opinion.

Down under, the kangaroos and crocs will team up and take y'all down. Y'all will be tortured by koalas wielding poisonous animals as weapons. And the huntsman spiders will punch through the tops of your skulls and suck your brains out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I also think that we as a nation will address the kink in the armor afterwards: China as a major supplier.
    Yep, we have that problem and the even worse problem of being reliant on them to buy our natural f****** resources.

Down under, the kangaroos and crocs will team up and take y'all down. Y'all will be tortured by koalas wielding poisonous animals as weapons. And the huntsman spiders will punch through the tops of your skulls and suck your brains out.
    This is why I keep a crocodile Dundee costume under the stairs. They will become my allies

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-20-2020), RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

No disrespect, but you don't understand this country at all. First of all, the militias and and the preppers don't need a job or a grocery store for a couple years. The hunters don't need a butcher. Most of the responsible gun owners don't need the police. They won't be out actively protesting or protecting anything that isn't theirs. They will watch and wait. But when the time comes and we hear a massive simultaneous CLICK of magazines, all bets are off.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-20-2020), FBD (07-28-2022), KevinD (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No disrespect, but you don't understand this country at all. First of all, the militias and and the preppers don't need a job or a grocery store for a couple years. The hunters don't need a butcher. Most of the responsible gun owners don't need the police. They won't be out actively protesting or protecting anything that isn't theirs. They will watch and wait. But when the time comes and we hear a massive simultaneous CLICK of magazines, all bets are off.
    well, if they're self-sufficient and can keep themselves then I guess it'll be fine

I'm actually glad to be in Australia at the moment though, and not the US I do confess when I read stuff like this

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Whether you buy into conspiracy theories or not... At least read this with an open mind:

Pay attention folks, there's much more going on here than what meets the eye.

Is it a coincidence that just when the economy is booming, the stock market is setting record highs, we are winning the trade wars, school shootings have stopped, our nation is at peace, the Democratic party is a disaster and so is their likely nominee(Biden). He hasn't a chance & they're not about to let an outsider(Bernie) destroy their scheme.

It looks like Trump is a sure bet for reelection after fending off 3 years of investigations and impeachment, then all the sudden world crisis pandemic. Stock market tumbles, companies are laying off employees, everything is closed and canceled, CEO's of giant companies are resigning and indictments are coming.

Now they say there are a couple ways a President doesn't win reelection. Those are an unpopular war or a poor economy.

But there is something larger going on here driving this sudden outbreak right after Trump beats an impeachment. Especially the fact that it(Coronavirus)originated in China who we are in a global trade war with brought on by Trump. Let's not forget Biden's back door deals with CHINA as well.

China doesn't want 4 more years of Trump either. It all seems rather convenient for the nations and opponents of our current President and economy 5 months before an election. Couldn't have hit at a more perfect time.

With the Democrats running out of campaign talking points in light of no school shootings, no migrant caravans at the southern border, fighting in Syria winding down, North Korea not firing missiles and Trump beating a sham impeachment. The coronavirus gave them one last hail mary to try and point fingers at Trump with the clock winding down in 2020.

This is almost the perfect fascist playbook. Control the population with fear-mongering and panic, control the media and propaganda, and the fan-favorite disarm the population.

Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten.

The common flu has killed more people this year already and the media is SILENT!

A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. It all just seems fishy, a little too well-timed if you ask me.
    Sorry, this just makes me roll my eyes, such an American-centric take on a global pandemic: it must be about the USA

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Sorry, this just makes me roll my eyes, such an American-centric take on a global pandemic: it must be about the USA
    The Greeks may have inspired it, but we have perfected the art of lovingly admiring our reflection in the pool of water.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-20-2020), KevinD (03-21-2020), lost in melb. (03-20-2020), Pony (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Greeks may have inspired it, but we have perfected the art of lovingly admiring our reflection in the pool of water.
    I do love your metaphors.

And in fairness, the world looks to America for everything good or bad... I just think this take might be a bit too far-fetched is all.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I do love your metaphors.

And in fairness, the world looks to America for everything good or bad... I just think this take might be a bit too far-fetched is all.
    What? We are NOT hyperbolic. In the history of erroneous statements, that is most outlandish ever! With the possible exception of "I won't cum in your mouth"... but aside from that, your statement is heresy!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Pony (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You're a goof.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks