#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Dumb Evangeline Lilly won’t self-quarantine, values ‘freedom’ over her life

By Francesca Bacardi - Page Six

Evangeline Lilly is taking a stand against self-quarantining during the coronavirus pandemic.

The “Ant-Man and the Wasp” star, 40, posted a photo of her “morning tea” on Instagram and said it was “business as usual” as she dropped her children off at their activities.

“Just dropped my kids off at gymnastics camp. They all washed their hands before going in. They are playing and laughing. #businessasusual,” she captioned the photo, which immediately prompted questions from fans about why her kids were still going to gymnastics camp.

Responding to her fans’ concerns and judgmental comments, Lilly revealed that she’s living with her father, who has stage 4 leukemia.

“I am also immune compromised at the moment,” she added. “I have two young kids. Some people value their lives over freedom, some people value freedom over their lives. We all make our choices.”

The former “Lost” star said she considers COVID-19 simply a “respiratory flu” and believes the government is taking too much control.

“Where we are right now feels a lot too close to Marshall Law [sic] for my comfort already, all in the name of a respiratory flu,” she responded in another comment. “It’s unnerving…Let’s be vigilant right now. And kind. Watchful and gracious — keeping a close eye on our leaders, making sure they don’t abuse this moment to steal away more freedoms and grab more power.”

In another comment, Lilly implied there could be a conspiracy behind coronavirus given its close timing to the presidential election.

“There’s ‘something’ every election year,” Lilly wrote.

The actress’ anti-isolation attitude comes after she revealed she felt “alone and unseen” for the past year.

“Publicly, I hid and made light of my deepest traumas and laughed in the face of my most profound pain,” the actress shared on social media. “Until, last year, I broke. Suddenly I was forced to face my weakness and my limitations, my trauma and fears.”

It’s unclear if she was referring to her father’s cancer diagnosis.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Right on, sister.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    I guess we won't be seeing her in many high profile roles for very much longer. She's not toting the leftist flag.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Griffin (03-20-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (03-23-2020), RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I guess we won't be seeing her in many high profile roles for very much longer. She's not toting the leftist flag.
    Ain't that a bitch. And it's true.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Fine, as long as you don't spread your shit to other people

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Not really true. What about Clint Eastwood?

also is this really a left vs right thing?. Come on, I live in a conservative area and their barricading themselves in

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

also is this really a left vs right thing?. Come on, I live in a conservative area and their barricading themselves in
    It wouldn't even be discussed if the media wasn't so actively rooting against national interests.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    It wouldn't even be discussed if the media wasn't so actively rooting against national interests.
    True it's completely different here. The media is totally supporting my prime minister (with this issue)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, so actively wanting the president to fail means you want a national catastrophe. It's simply blind hate and completely irrational.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, so actively wanting the president to fail means you want a national catastrophe. It's simply blind hate and completely irrational.
    I don't quite sense that from what I'm reading. Very close though. I have to sift through a lot of articles that are pure mockery, but, I confess less than I used to have to

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-20-2020)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Right on, sister.
    Well if he kids get it, bring it home to her parents and they die of it, we'll see how she feels about social distancing then.
    She isn't being asked to isolate, people are being asked to distance, once that fails, then they'll be asked to isolate, but if people do the distancing, it hopefully won't come to the other.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

Hollywood is vastly majority left. Eastwood finances and releases his own films. When's the last time you've seen Richard Dreyfuss in a widely released film? You haven't in a while. Why? He's an outspoken conservative, that's why. If you do a search and find a list of conservative actors in Hollywood, it will read as a list of actors MIA, people you haven't seen on the big screen in a long time. They're just not getting roles anymore. All the actors getting the roles are waving the leftist flag. If you're seeing conservatives in wide release, it's because they're like Eastwood: they're ridiculously rich and can finance and release whatever they want on their own dime.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-20-2020), RBP (03-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    Well if he kids get it, bring it home to her parents and they die of it, we'll see how she feels about social distancing then.
    She isn't being asked to isolate, people are being asked to distance, once that fails, then they'll be asked to isolate, but if people do the distancing, it hopefully won't come to the other.
    And keep saying "Chinese Virus" to get more Asians massacred by the roaming bands of violent Xenophobes! #virtualconcentrationcamp

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Sophie Turner Takes Swipe at Evangeline Lilly, Slams People Not Social Distancing

Jordan Moreau - Variety

“Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner seemed to take a shot at Evangeline Lilly and other people not social distancing during the coronavirus quarantine.

“Stay inside, don’t be f—ing stupid, even if you count your freedom over — I don’t know, what is it — your health,” she said during an Instagram Live video on Friday.

Turner seemed to be referring to a controversial Instagram post that Lilly made a few days earlier.

“I don’t give a F about your freedom. You could be infecting other people, other vulnerable people around you, by doing this. So stay inside, guys. It’s not cool and it’s not big and it’s not clever. And that’s the tea,” Turner said.

Lilly had posted a photo on Instagram saying she dropped her kids off at a gymnastics camp and that “they all washed their hands before going in” and that “they are playing and laughing.” She included a hashtag saying “business as usual.” The post immediately received backlash after people around the country have been urged to stay home and practice social distance to lessen the spread of coronavirus.

In the comments, the Marvel actor went on to say that the government has taken too much control and dismissed COVID-19 as a “respiratory flu.”

“Some people value their lives over freedom, some people value freedom over their lives. We all make our choices,” she wrote. “Where we are right now feels a lot too close to Marshall Law for my comfort already, all in the name of a respiratory flu.”

A post shared by on

Vanessa Hudgens also came under fire last week for not taking coronavirus seriously and dismissing its deadly impact around the world.

“I’m sorry. It’s a virus, I get it. I respect it,” she said. “But at the same time, like, even if everybody gets it — like, yeah, people are gonna die. Which is terrible. But, like, inevitable?” She later issued an apology for her comments.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She has reportedly been dropped from colead status in Ant-man 3. Maybe just a rumor, but....

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...lead-antman-3/

MCU star Evangeline Lilly’s dismissive comments about the coronavirus outbreak have caused a major controversy online, with the actress’ troubling attitude towards self-isolating and shocking belief that the pandemic is just a hoax riling up fans, with many demanding that Marvel remove her from the franchise at once. While they won’t be doing that – at least, not yet – due to contractual obligations, we have heard the studio will be reducing her role in Ant-Man 3.

According to sources close to WGTC – the same ones who told us Ahsoka Tano will cameo in The Mandalorian season 2 and Han will return to the Fast & Furious franchise, both of which were correct – Lilly’s Hope Van Dyne will no longer be the threequel’s co-lead, which will require some reworking of the proposed storyline. From what we understand, the new plan is to bump up the role of Emma Fuhrmann’s Cassie Lang, daughter of Paul Rudd’s Scott.

Apparently, Ant-Man 3 was to have seen Scott and Hope team up once again to go on some sort of globe-trotting adventure, which we’ve heard would’ve been comparable to a James Bond movie. Given the backlash that’s risen up against Lilly, though, the focus will now shift more to the relationship between Scott and his daughter. Mostly in terms of Cassie becoming Stature, her superhero alter ego, and Scott mentoring her.

Again, Wasp will not be entirely removed from the film but will instead have more of a supporting part. Sources say the new situation can be likened to her screentime in the first Ant-Man, where she had a sizeable role but it was still definitely Rudd’s movie. In contrast, Ant-Man and the Wasp saw her name in the title, giving her a co-lead position. Apparently, though, we shouldn’t expect this again for Ant-Man 3.