I just had a few conversations. one with the people that were running my house. She's italian and her parents are doctors on the Frontline in Italy. People are f****** dying everywhere. they are basically just welding people in the houses/apartments in areas where it gets really bad. Esp. Cities. I wouldn't assume for a second that they wont do this in any Western country in the world that has a spike, warranted or not.

secondly, my dad's been gathering food for a lot of people flleeing back from overseas, friends in-laws my brother ( in quarantine for 2 weeks) and he's been watching the supermarkets on a daily basis. he's also pointed out the incidence of Corona is doubling basically every 4 days so you do the math.

I spent a couple of hours going around to supermarkets. Most of them were closed, and those that are open hardly have anything in terms of non perishables

You wont die, but if there's certain foods that you and love ones like and you want to live a life of dignity I would get at least a couple weeks worth. goodluck!