Thread: Ryan Reynolds Mocks Self-Important Celebrity Responses To COVID-19 Pandemic

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Funny Ryan Reynolds Mocks Self-Important Celebrity Responses To COVID-19 Pandemic

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

Actor Ryan Reynolds hilariously trolled the few celebrities who have engaged in self-important grandstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic, like those who joined in a collective rendition of John Lennon’s tired song “Imagine.”

Speaking to his Twitter followers on Monday, Reynolds advised everyone to practice social distancing while acknowledging that celebrities like himself are not nearly as important as the people keeping the Western world stable right now: grocers, healthcare workers, truckers, etc.

“We need to work to flatten the curve and fight off COVID-19. I think in times of crisis, I think we all know that it’s the celebrities we count on most,” Reynolds cheekily said. “They’re the ones that are going to get us through this.”

After a brief pause, Reynolds then remembered that celebrities are actually the least important during these trying times.

“Right after healthcare workers, of course,” he said. “First responders. People who work in essential services. Ping pong players. Mannequins, they’re great. Childhood imaginary friends, sure. Like 400 other types of people.”

Finished with the laughs, Reynolds finally reminded people to practice social distancing while driving home a positive message about resolve.

“Look, stay at home, practice social-distancing, wash your hands. We are gonna get through this thing. We’re gonna get through this thing together,” he concluded.

In fairness, not all celebrities have engaged in vacuous coronavirus-themed vanity projects to reinforce their need for affirmation. Some, like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Neil Diamond, have used the moment to bring people together with funny PSAs that shine a little light at a time of darkness. Over the weekend, singer Neil Diamond even performed his own COVID-19 edition of his classic 1969 hit “Sweet Caroline.”

“I know we’re going through a rough time right now, but I love ya,” Diamond said. “I think, maybe if we sing together, well, we’ll just feel a little bit better. Give it a try, okay?”

Diamond changed out key lyrics to his famous song – “Hands, touching hands”; “reaching out / Touching me, touching you” – to instead sing, “Hands, washing hands /Reaching, don’t touch me, I won’t touch you.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger also reminded people to thank the real heroes during this pandemic.

“Thank you to our heroes,” he said in a video posted to social media. “Remember to thank the heroes who are serving so selflessly right now – from doctors & nurses to grocery store staff and delivery people. I play an action hero in the movies – they are the real action heroes.”

Last week, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams encouraged celebrities to raise awareness about social distancing, considering that young people were not taking the pandemic seriously.

“What I really think we need to do … [is] get our influencers — [NBA players] Kevin Durant, Donovan Mitchell, we need to get Kylie Jenner, we need to get our social media influencers out there and helping folks understand that look, this is serious,” Adams said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“This is absolutely serious. People are dying. We again are seeing new data emerging from Italy that suggests that young people may be at higher risk in different situations than what we previously thought,” he said. “Stay off the beaches.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-25-2020), PeyPeyRyRy (03-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Haha. Far too hard

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Haha. Far too hard
    just from watching Arnold exercise in his undies?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-26-2020), Godfather (03-26-2020), Goofy (03-27-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (03-26-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    just from watching Arnold exercise in his undies?