Thread: Instagram influencers slammed for 'bragging' about luxurious lifestyle during coronavirus pandemic

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Attention Whore Instagram influencers slammed for 'bragging' about luxurious lifestyle during coronavirus pandemic

By Josie Griffiths | The Sun

Two travel bloggers who live in a three-story mansion in Bali have been slammed for "bragging" about their luxury lifestyle — after posting about self-isolation.

Insta-famous Brit Jack Morris, 29, from Manchester, and Aussie Lauren Bullen, 26, met in Fiji while traveling the world in 2016.

A post shared by on

They went on to set down roots in Canggu, Bali, buying a plot of land in 2018 and building their own dream three-bed, five-bath home.

A post shared by on

In the couple's first snap since going into lockdown earlier this week, Jack shared a pic of him playing Mario Kart in their stunning living room with floor-to-ceiling windows and trendy sunken sofas on his page, called "Do You Travel."

"What our self-isolation looks like here in Bali," he captioned it. "Netflix and Mario Kart is pretty much my life right now! What are you guys doing to keep entertained at home? Hope everyone is staying safe."

But it didn't take long for Jack's 2.7 million followers to lash out, telling him "things could be worse, mate.".

One fan wrote: "Sick brag," while another said, "Wow there are different levels of quarantine in the world."

A post shared by on

Lauren, who blogs as Gypsy Lust and has 2.1 million followers, previously said she wouldn't be returning to Australia for lockdown, as Jack wouldn't be allowed to come with her.

"For the moment Indonesia (Bali in particular) isn't in lockdown, the island is very quiet though. A lot of people are choosing to self-isolate here, to prevent any major outbreak from happening (if it hasn't already)," she wrote.

A post shared by on

Jack echoed her sentiments on his own Instagram, writing, "Lauren and I are trying to stay inside our villa as much as possible and comply with social distancing. It sucks but if everyone does their part, the quicker this will be over."

The couple's stunning home features a huge pool, decked out in white marble, and is surrounded by rice fields.

"It took about a year to build the house and it was a lot of work. We wanted it to be photogenic so that we could shoot content there," Jack previously told The Cut.

A post shared by on

The couple doesn't do sponsored posts for less than $3,000, and Jack was once paid $35,000 for two days of filming.

Jack (who used to work as a carpet cleaner) and Lauren also make money by selling their Lightroom filter presets to fans.

Jack previously told the Daily Mail their entire home was paid for by doing sponsorship deals and branded content.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    What these kinds of people did before this pandemic was the exact same shit, I don't know why anyone follows them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-31-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    What these kinds of people did before this pandemic was the exact same shit, I don't know why anyone follows them.
    I have ZERO clue as to why anyone follows any of these self glossed "influencers".

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    she's not even that hot. i wouldn't mind seeing a purge of the general instagram/social media influencer tbh

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I do hope the Indonesian authorities see this.
    They might be interested to know how these guys live there, given their Visa lengths can only be 30 day or 6 months.
    Wee spell in prison orange might suit them.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    They are doing the same shit they were doing before