Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The societal impacts of COVID-19

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I wear one when I just want to pop in and pop out of a store without having to deal with any controversy.. Truth be told Im a bit of a germaphobe anyway so I dont mind protecting myself from other peoples shit, covid related or not..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-30-2020), lost in melb. (07-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    I'm required to wear one if I enter the offices in West Texas. My company is Canadian owned, so they tend to do things differently. As for in public, nope, not at all. Twice I've been asked to at gas station convenience stores, but i declined. Funnily enough, the only time anyone has gotten upset that I wasn't wearing a mask was while pumping gas. She was middle aged,white/Hispanic, and just started ranting. I'm looking around thinking " its 23:00, we're the only ones around, in open air, and you're 30 feet away from me" I just ignored her which seemed to piss her off more, lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-30-2020), lost in melb. (07-31-2020), Muddy (07-30-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (07-30-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

CDC's Redfield should sound alarm about suicides amid coronavirus outbreak, critic says

By Victor Garcia | Fox News

This story refers to suicide. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Suicides have spiked amid the coronavirus pandemic, specifically among high school students. A guest on Thursday night's edition of "The Ingraham Angle" said Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), should be sounding a louder alarm about the problem.

"It's pretty incredible because a lot of us predicted this might happen. And unfortunately, it appears that it has happened," the guest, Phil Kerpen, president of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity, said.

"Self-harm is the No. 2 cause of death among teenagers after accidents. Kills thousands a year. When you're comparing it to a virus that kills tens a year in that age bracket, even a tiny increase in the percentage is going to be a much bigger number. And we thought that might happen and that has happened.

"The insane thing to me," Kerpen continued, "is this is a big deal and the CDC is not touting it from the platform. They're not going to the White House podium. They're not going on a show like yours and saying it."

Redfield addressed to suicide issue July 14 during a Buck Institute webinar.

"We're seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID," Redfield said at the time. "We're seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID."

Separately, host Laura Ingraham brought up a German study that said "exposure to children may make adults less likely to contract COVID-19," noting the study wasn't peer-reviewed.

Kerpen responded: "Wouldn't that be an unbelievable irony after all of these strikes and these demands and all of this stuff from these teachers? If it turns out that being around children is actually protective, that the child had colds and other illnesses, they have challenges to the immune system of adults that protect them from future COVID infection?"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Scenes like this relegated to the past

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

A post shared by on

I never would have watched a video like this before..

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    So I had someone react a bit strongly when I asserted that Cuomo was a mass murderer war criminal who should face the death penalty for his having signed orders to send covid patients into nursing homes, they said they werent really a fan of cuomo but that's going a bit far?

The fuckers that gave the orders to send covid patients into nursing homes knew exactly what the implications of these actions would be - the purposeful inflation of the death count from covid - actions that are completely contrary to every established protocol.

(where else have we seen protocols completely abandoned before? I digress, for every situation it happens, it glows)

You dont send pandemic afflicted into populations that are the most vulnerable to being hit and killed by the disease. That is precisely what they did, even sending +tested patients from prisons, into nursing homes. That's the exact opposite of what should happen. Our nursing home patients should be protected from disease, not purposefully introduced to it. This was nothing short of an attack on America's elderly as a proxy stab against Trump - because Trump is the end of the traitors, it can be reduced that simply.

Cuomo et al that signed orders like this, every single last one of them are responsible for tens of thousands of deaths that otherwise would not have happened.

They are war criminals and deserve to hang or be injected lethally for their actions towards inflating the death counts from covid.
    Last edited by FBD; 08-02-2020 at 06:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We really need a special thread for these disturbing and highly important Covid conspiracies

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    We really need a special thread for these disturbing and highly important Covid conspiracies
    the nazis werent allowed to use the "I was just following orders" excuse

perhaps its a bit much to include the level of severity of the sentence in my post, but its that level of serious, if you think about it. who in their right mind would sign such an order? except by direction from "someone"...and we saw it happen widely enough...there's no way its coincidence. every single person who gave such an order should be entirely under a microscope.

I'm just sayin', that's fkn enemy action

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    News reports are saying that tuberculosis and malaria are on the rise worldwide again because the attention that Covid is getting is taking attention away from the former 2.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-04-2020), KevinD (08-04-2020), lost in melb. (08-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Medieval ‘wine windows’ are reopening, reviving Italian plague tradition

By Hannah Sparks - New York Post

It’s a quaint tradition — with a very dark history.

Centuries ago, the bubonic plague, otherwise known as “black death,” swept through Europe, killing one-third of the continent’s population at the time. Originating in Asia, the disease made its way to Italy during the late Middle Ages, and spread north from there.

These days, we know just as well as medieval Italians that a stiff drink can go a long way to ease troubles during the global coronavirus pandemic.

Thus, the “wine windows,” or buchette del vino, of Tuscany. They are just as they sound: pint-size hatches, carved into the concrete walls of urban wineries and shops, where beverage merchants would serve sips at a safe social distance.

First introduced in the 1600s, their true purpose went untapped for centuries after the plague — that is, until a new one came along this year.

“Everyone is confined to home for two months and then the government permits a gradual reopening,” the Wine Window Association website reads. “During this time, some enterprising Florentine Wine Window owners have turned back the clock and are using their Wine Windows to dispense glasses of wine, cups of coffee, drinks, sandwiches and ice cream — all germ-free, contactless!”

Matteo Faglia, president of the Wine Window Association, told Insider, “People could knock on the little wooden shutters and have their bottles filled direct from the Antinori, Frescobaldi and Ricasoli families, who still produce some of Italy’s best-known wine today.”

More than 150 wine windows — some of which have since been permanently filled — within Florence’s walled city, and even more, dotted the Tuscan region.

“The wine windows gradually became defunct, and many wooden ones were permanently lost in the floods of 1966,” said Faglia, whose historical association has begun the process of mapping these forgotten, and sometimes vandalized, relics throughout Italy’s wine country, marking them with a plaque to designate their import and authenticity.

“We want to put a plaque by all the wine windows, as people tend to respect them more when they understand what they are and their history,” he said.

The Mediterranean country was hit hard by COVID-19, losing more than 35,000 of its residents, according to the World Health Organization. In spite of this tragedy, the world has witnessed the culture and camaraderie that likely helped the country through the medieval epidemic.

At the height of their national coronavirus outbreak, choruses of Italians could be heard singing in solidarity through open windows and on rooftops — with a glass of wine in their hand all the while.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-07-2020), lost in melb. (08-07-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Soad they're trying to build a prison

https://www.aier.org/article/madness-in-melbourne

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They'll bulldoze your home in England, shut off all your essential services to your home in LA, for compliance. All the left exposing themselves as the tyrants that the collectivist ideology always winds up with at the top of each local hill.

This is the death throes of collectivism we are witnessing.