Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    flatten that curve, gents

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Quebec couple hit with curfew-violation fine after wife walks husband on a leash

Adam Kovac | CTV News Montreal Digital Reporter

SHERBROOKE -- A Sherbrooke husband and wife were handed sizeable fines for violating curfew, despite the wife's protests that she was walking her dog and the fact the husband was wearing a leash.

The woman and her husband were each given $1,500 fines by Sherbrooke police for violating curfew. The pair was caught walking at 9 p.m. on Saturday evening.

Police said the two were walking towards downtown and did not cooperate with the officers.

When questioned by police, the couple said they were happy to receive the ticket and claimed they were following the rules set forth by Premier Francois Legault.

Quebec officials have said people may walk their dogs after the 8 p.m. curfew, provided they stay within one kilometre of their house.

Over the first weekend under curfew, police officers across Quebec handed out 750 tickets worth thousands of dollars in fines to people caught out after 8 p.m.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Nice try

Cheap fines though. $5000 for breaking curfew here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (01-14-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Nice try

Cheap fines though. $5000 for breaking curfew here
    What kind of a government do you guys purport to have again?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (01-14-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Covid free here.

You suck it up like a good boy

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Federal and State governments that have done so much to ensure that we have been affected as little as possible by this pandemic. Western Australia has not had a community infection in nearly 10 months.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-14-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

Interesting that the UK now heads the US in Deaths/1M population but is well behind in Total Cases/1M population....

A number of days recently where US has exceeded 4k deaths per day....

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-14-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Covid free here.

Nobody has any idea who has the Wuhan Aids Flu, bro. I already showed you Britain's NHS & the USA's CDC admitting that the test was not created with a virus cultured from a real live human being, it was made with stocks they believed would mimic a clinical result. All its telling us is who has influenza a/b. With extra positives on top because they're damn near doubling the run rate of the test.

It was a bad flu year and the lockdowns more than likely helped ensure transmission within households that had the flu, the rest of what we have here is lies, damned lies, and statistics.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Runner stopped by Covid marshal for ‘breathing heavily’ during daily exercise

Emma Brazell for Metro.co.uk

A jogger was stopped by a Covid marshal for ‘breathing heavily’ during his Government-mandated daily exercise.

Gary Purnell was told he was not allowed to run along the River Thames in Hammersmith, London as he jogged alone during the third national lockdown.

The fuming author has named the situation ‘the craziest thing ever’ – but the leader of Hammersmith and Fulham Council says he will ‘offer no apology’ for discouraging runners from using the area at busy times.

It comes as police vow to crack down on the ‘stay local’ exercise rule in order to ensure it is uniformly applied across England.

Footage of the incident shows Gary ask: ‘Can I run along here? Everyone else is running along here.’

The marshal replies ‘there are Covid marshals’ before confirming that he is employed as one.

Gary asks: ‘So why can’t I run along here? Why can’t he run along here? Explain.’

The marshal responds: ‘Because you are breathing heavily.’

A baffled Gary adds: ‘I’m breathing heavily? You don’t have to wear a mask outside. In the Government, it doesn’t say I cannot run.’

The marshal says: ‘I can’t stop you, I can only tell you that you can’t.’

Gary continues: ‘So you’re telling me I cannot run along here, along the waterfront where everyone is walking. And you stopped me to tell me that I need a mask?’

The runner is left confused as the marshal says he does not need a mask, before telling him ‘no bicycles or running allowed’.

A second video shows Gary confront the marshal’s supervisor who says: ‘You can run, it’s not a problem. What it is is when the people pass you by’.

He adds that marshals are not stopping people from exercising and are only advising.

The footage ends with Gary stating: ‘You have to admit this is the most crazy thing in the world.’

Commenting on the incident, Cllr Stephen Cowan, Leader of Hammersmith and Fulham Council, said a no-run policy was introduced in summer and is intended to protect vulnerable locals from coronavirus.

He told MailOnline: ‘The new strain of Covid is 70% more contagious than the first. London is an epicentre of the bigger second wave.

‘So, we make no apology for asking fit people vigorously exercising to be considerate to protect other, often elderly, people taking a more leisurely stroll. Runners and cyclists should please avoid the popular riverfront at busy times.’

Official government guidance on daily exercise states: ‘You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.’

A comment from the Department of Health and Social Care this week said: ‘The term “local area” in this context has not been legally defined.’

Police are currently discussing ways to tighten ‘stay local’ exercise rules with the Government, as travel restrictions become ‘a real challenge when it comes to exercise’.

Assistant Chief Constable Owen Weatherill, of the The National Police Chief’s Council, said: ‘There was a deliberate effort to try to make it flexible initially so there was a degree of freedom of choice for people …. but that clearly is presenting other problems.’

He added: ‘Travel itself is not outlawed, not illegal. It is the activity itself and the circumstances of it, and that is where it gets into that realm of subjectivity.

‘That is the big that challenges officers across the country and that presents differently in different areas of the country

‘What might be a problem in one area is not in another and that is where the challenge is for us at the moment.

‘And that is something we are actively engaged in a conversation in at the moment, as to how we can develop that further.’

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Covid free here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Federal and State governments that have done so much to ensure that we have been affected as little as possible by this pandemic. Western Australia has not had a community infection in nearly 10 months.
    Nobody has any idea who has the Wuhan Aids Flu, bro. I already showed you Britain's NHS & the USA's CDC admitting that the test was not created with a virus cultured from a real live human being, it was made with stocks they believed would mimic a clinical result. All its telling us is who has influenza a/b. With extra positives on top because they're damn near doubling the run rate of the test.

It was a bad flu year and the lockdowns more than likely helped ensure transmission within households that had the flu, the rest of what we have here is lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I'm sorry but all I can say is:-

FUCK ME!!
    Why is it that you are the only person in the world that believes everything is wrong because it does not fit fit your agenda??

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One for Mr FBD that should really put a hole in his boat.

The Spanish Flu is believed to have originated in the USA - it was given the misnomer "Spanish" because of politics following WWI and because Spain was a neutral country.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-15-2021)