Thread: The societal impacts of COVID-19

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Are you a complete moron ? Why would you not want to wear a mask to protect yourself and to provide possible protection t those around you?

How do you think you would feel if you were to contract Covid and end up on a ventilator?

Don't come back with some wild conspiracy bullshit answer because the science is there.

The other things is that if you are attending church, it follows that you believe in a god? How can you believe in that fiction and not Covid?
    you can believe the clown world bullshit all you want, it doesnt change how the flu is transmitted. covid mythically being all over the place is an orange man bad meme, I've already showed you relevant authorities admitting little details that tell you the system purposefully trashed their data so that orange man can be as bad as possible. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever have, and I have never had the flu. this isnt frickin nerve gas we're dealing with.

I was raised and forced to attend this garbage while growing up, my gram was a believer, and I was one of the people carrying her coffin. that's the only fuggin reason I'd ever go to a church, because the council of nicea made sure to strip anything and everything spiritually relevant from the historical figure's teachings.

as to the question of god, my beliefs are somewhat taoist, I'm a realist every bit of the way. the absolute nature of the tao is incomprehensible, but there's many ways to level up in this wack ass universe.
    Last edited by FBD; 02-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    It amazes me that you think you know more about Covid than the world's leading medical and science people.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

Goofy (02-09-2021), lost in melb. (02-09-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Sad California's Chinatown on edge after robberies, assaults on elderly during COVID lockdowns

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Oakland’s Chinatown has been experiencing an uptick in robberies and assaults on residents -- including elderly people -- in recent months, according to multiple reports and the police.

The Oakland Police Department said it is allocating more resources and patrols to Chinatown ahead of Lunar New Year on Friday amid a "recent surge in violent assaults" over the last few months.

Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley on Monday announced charges against 28-year-old Yahya Muslim in connection with an assault on three people -- including a 91-year-old man -- in Oakland late last month, KTVU FOX 2 reported.

Video surveillance released by police shows a suspect assaulting the man, as well as two people ages 55 and 60, in the 800 block of Harrison Street on Jan. 31.

In the first assault, the 91-year-old man can be seen walking down the street when a suspect comes up from behind and aggressively shoves him to the ground. The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance and treated received medical attention for his injuries.

Police said the suspect later approached a 60-year-old man and 55-year-old woman on the same street and pushed them from behind as they were walking. The woman lost consciousness and the man suffered injuries. Both received medical attention at a local hospital.

Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu were offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect responsible for the assaults. Both have spoken out in recent weeks about the growing number of attacks on Asian Americans.

"The skyrocketing number of hate crimes against Asian Americans continues to grow, despite our repeated pleas for help," Wu tweeted on Feb. 4.

Muslim was arrested last week and is currently in custody at the Santa Rita Jail, KRON 4 reported.

Police also said they have a video showing another male suspect -- identified as Deveion Lamont Byrd -- robbing an 80-year-old woman of $200 and running away. Byrd is also the prime suspect in a string of other robberies at different businesses in the area, police said.

Another video from a recent assault shows a woman – described as a 70-year-old "grandma" – being robbed while coming home from the bank.

The assaults follow a general pattern of violence being committed against Asians – both residents and merchants – in Oakland’s Chinatown. The surge has led residents to call on local leaders and police to do more to quell the violence.

Carl Chan, president of the Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, said during a press conference last week that young people have started carrying guns for their safety.

"So they’re also hurting people before they’re being robbed," Chan said.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf denounced the "intentional targeting" of Asian merchants and residents as "abhorrent."

"We will do everything within our power and resources to put an end to it," she said.

Newly sworn-in Oakland Police Chief Leronne Armstrong called the escalation of violence in Oakland "unacceptable."

"Today, we're sending a message to those who commit crimes in this city, that we will pursue you, and we will arrest you," Armstrong said on Monday.

Despite the surge in crime, Oakland city leaders have for months called for defunding the police -- a mantra that spread to major metropolitan areas nationwide last summer after the police custody death of George Floyd.

In December, the department made cuts that eliminated details that put extra officers in high crime areas, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Barry Donelan, president of the Oakland Police Officers' Association has blamed the City Council's "defund the police" strategy on the city's accelerated violent crime rate.

According to a report from Bay City News, Oakland recorded 15 homicides last month -- the greatest number of killings recorded in January in 20 years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 5,214 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (02-10-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 5,214 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    It amazes me that you disagree with paid off, compromised, and just-following-the-crowd medical and science people.
    Well, my job and livelihood dont rely on my mealmouthing what my owners have handed me and told me to say

Here's some refreshers to remind you

All these "authorities" and "experts" made this "spread" possible

and then they confirmed it multiple times

and then it became ALL orange man's fault

but dont worry, its not like there's issues with the new fangled vaccines

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ne_development

its gotta suck to believe in memes to the point where you let them drive how you live, breathe, and survive (maybe)

you're watching a movie, and you dont even know it

If you paid attention....
    Last edited by FBD; 02-09-2021 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    its not like they dont announce these things ahead of time for the observant to see

now ignore eons of conventional wisdom, plebe! you arent allowed to think!

I mean, it'd be different if some people were making some absolute crap tons of money off of it illegally...

oh, wait

Last edited by FBD; 02-09-2021 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    most importantly..... DONT THINK ABOUT THIS

just obey and get along and be a good little citizen!

Here's another clue for you, look at how the WHO responds to questions about Taiwan - when you're owned by China, you have to speak as China wants

https://gfycat.com/frigidthankfulibex

the problem is, I have plenty of ammunition here....and mask wearers....have the appeal to authority logical fallacy

I mean I can just keep going and going and going showing you information that this was all planned

and monk, all you can do in response is excoriate me for not being a sheep
    Last edited by FBD; 02-09-2021 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    When an expert is asked for a worst case scenario, and is then instructed to make it worser

https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Bun...f-5050329.html

Its such a joke, its absolutely astonishing the number of people that believe this clown shit. I find the collective level of stupidity to be offensive.

https://www.noagendashow.net/listen/1319?t=12:43
    a FOI request was granted regarding the origins of the german lockdowns in may of 2020. tldr: the german interior ministry pressured the german medical organization to make up data and pretended to leak it to the press in the form of a "top secret" document.

yeah, totally legit
    Last edited by FBD; 02-09-2021 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    holy full of shit

China claims no lab in #Wuhan has worked on a virus similar to #SARSCoV2.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (02-09-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Oakland’s Chinatown has been experiencing an uptick in robberies and assaults on residents -- including elderly people -- in recent months, according to multiple reports and the police.

The Oakland Police Department said it is allocating more resources and patrols to Chinatown ahead of Lunar New Year on Friday amid a "recent surge in violent assaults" over the last few months.

Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley on Monday announced charges against 28-year-old Yahya Muslim in connection with an assault on three people -- including a 91-year-old man -- in Oakland late last month, KTVU FOX 2 reported.

Video surveillance released by police shows a suspect assaulting the man, as well as two people ages 55 and 60, in the 800 block of Harrison Street on Jan. 31.

In the first assault, the 91-year-old man can be seen walking down the street when a suspect comes up from behind and aggressively shoves him to the ground. The man was transported to a local hospital by ambulance and treated received medical attention for his injuries.

Police said the suspect later approached a 60-year-old man and 55-year-old woman on the same street and pushed them from behind as they were walking. The woman lost consciousness and the man suffered injuries. Both received medical attention at a local hospital.

Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu were offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect responsible for the assaults. Both have spoken out in recent weeks about the growing number of attacks on Asian Americans.

"The skyrocketing number of hate crimes against Asian Americans continues to grow, despite our repeated pleas for help," Wu tweeted on Feb. 4.

Muslim was arrested last week and is currently in custody at the Santa Rita Jail, KRON 4 reported.

Police also said they have a video showing another male suspect -- identified as Deveion Lamont Byrd -- robbing an 80-year-old woman of $200 and running away. Byrd is also the prime suspect in a string of other robberies at different businesses in the area, police said.

Another video from a recent assault shows a woman – described as a 70-year-old "grandma" – being robbed while coming home from the bank.

The assaults follow a general pattern of violence being committed against Asians – both residents and merchants – in Oakland’s Chinatown. The surge has led residents to call on local leaders and police to do more to quell the violence.

Carl Chan, president of the Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, said during a press conference last week that young people have started carrying guns for their safety.

"So they’re also hurting people before they’re being robbed," Chan said.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf denounced the "intentional targeting" of Asian merchants and residents as "abhorrent."

"We will do everything within our power and resources to put an end to it," she said.

Newly sworn-in Oakland Police Chief Leronne Armstrong called the escalation of violence in Oakland "unacceptable."

"Today, we're sending a message to those who commit crimes in this city, that we will pursue you, and we will arrest you," Armstrong said on Monday.

Despite the surge in crime, Oakland city leaders have for months called for defunding the police -- a mantra that spread to major metropolitan areas nationwide last summer after the police custody death of George Floyd.

In December, the department made cuts that eliminated details that put extra officers in high crime areas, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Barry Donelan, president of the Oakland Police Officers' Association has blamed the City Council's "defund the police" strategy on the city's accelerated violent crime rate.

According to a report from Bay City News, Oakland recorded 15 homicides last month -- the greatest number of killings recorded in January in 20 years.

It never ceases to amaze me the behaviour some exhibit given an opportunity.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-10-2021), lost in melb. (02-10-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Well, my job and livelihood dont rely on my mealmouthing what my owners have handed me and told me to say

Here's some refreshers to remind you

All these "authorities" and "experts" made this "spread" possible

and then they confirmed it multiple times

and then it became ALL orange man's fault

but dont worry, its not like there's issues with the new fangled vaccines

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ne_development

its gotta suck to believe in memes to the point where you let them drive how you live, breathe, and survive (maybe)

you're watching a movie, and you dont even know it

If you paid attention....

If you don't stop altering my quotes to suit your own misguided ideas I will lodge an official complaint with the forum administrators. I have warned you many times!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Dear FBD,

When are you going to get back on your medication and return to the asylum from where you have obviously escaped !

The level of conspiracy theories that you produce and spread is getting beyond a joke along with your obvious inability to live in reality.