By Jack Wetherill, Senior Showbiz & TV Reporter - The Daily Star

A Cornwall local has threatened to report celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay to the police after he caused controversy by relocating there from London.

Gordon and his family moved to the south west county to self-isolate before the coronavirus lockdown, but residents have been left fuming.

Leaving comments on his Twitter and Instagram, people have been getting more and more angry with Gordon, with one even threatening to call the police on him.

One said: "Cornwall MPs have specifically asked for people with a second home not to do this. You might be rich and famous but you're not special and you're setting a bad example! Really disappointing."

Another wrote: "Don't you realise that by doing that you've possible brought the virus with you and because Cornwall is not your main residence, if you and your family get sick you will place yet more strain on an already fragile infrastructure.

"I'm reporting you to the police. What you've done is against the law and I hope they force you back to London."

A third tweeted: "Cornwall doesn't want you. My son is a chef in north Cornwall, don't think you would have a house there if you really knew how much you are despised locally."

The threat comes after Gordon was reportedly seen arguing with a local about the way his Land Rover Defender was parked at a supermarket.

According to MailOnline, a man confronted Gordon about the size of his vehicle, though the F Word star reportedly kept his cool and left with his shopping and a coffee.

Despite an apparent unwelcome reception from Cornwall residents, Gordon shared a photo of a gift from a neighbour.

Sharing a snap of a bunch of asparagus, Gordon said: "Now what a lovely, beautiful, generous little gift.

"'A little gift from the fields across your house.'

"C'mon, seriously, that's literally growing in the back of my garden.

"Now that's what I call love thy neighbour, see?

"That's how you look after each other across these difficult times. There you go."