Thread: Gordon Ramsay threatened with police after Cornwall lockdown move by angry locals

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Gordon Ramsay threatened with police after Cornwall lockdown move by angry locals

By Jack Wetherill, Senior Showbiz & TV Reporter - The Daily Star

A Cornwall local has threatened to report celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay to the police after he caused controversy by relocating there from London.

Gordon and his family moved to the south west county to self-isolate before the coronavirus lockdown, but residents have been left fuming.

Leaving comments on his Twitter and Instagram, people have been getting more and more angry with Gordon, with one even threatening to call the police on him.

One said: "Cornwall MPs have specifically asked for people with a second home not to do this. You might be rich and famous but you're not special and you're setting a bad example! Really disappointing."

Another wrote: "Don't you realise that by doing that you've possible brought the virus with you and because Cornwall is not your main residence, if you and your family get sick you will place yet more strain on an already fragile infrastructure.

"I'm reporting you to the police. What you've done is against the law and I hope they force you back to London."

A third tweeted: "Cornwall doesn't want you. My son is a chef in north Cornwall, don't think you would have a house there if you really knew how much you are despised locally."

The threat comes after Gordon was reportedly seen arguing with a local about the way his Land Rover Defender was parked at a supermarket.

According to MailOnline, a man confronted Gordon about the size of his vehicle, though the F Word star reportedly kept his cool and left with his shopping and a coffee.

Despite an apparent unwelcome reception from Cornwall residents, Gordon shared a photo of a gift from a neighbour.

Sharing a snap of a bunch of asparagus, Gordon said: "Now what a lovely, beautiful, generous little gift.

"'A little gift from the fields across your house.'

"C'mon, seriously, that's literally growing in the back of my garden.

"Now that's what I call love thy neighbour, see?

"That's how you look after each other across these difficult times. There you go."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    We really need more lockdowns, it seems to bring out the best in people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-16-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    We really need more lockdowns, it seems to bring out the best in people.
    Not sure if you're aware of the Nextdoor app, it's like social media for your local neighborhood. All it has been the last few weeks is people whining and bitching about and publicly shaming people they think they aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. It's like Nazi Germany and reporting offenders to the Gestapo.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Not sure if you're aware of the Nextdoor app, it's like social media for your local neighborhood. All it has been the last few weeks is people whining and bitching about and publicly shaming people they think they aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. It's like Nazi Germany and reporting offenders to the Gestapo.
    There's been some of that on my app but for the most part I'm seeing more on Facebook.

One poor woman on Nextdoor is so afraid to leave her house she won't go drop her mail at the post office drive up box. She's concerned her bills are going to be late because she hasn't gotten mail in three days so her mailman hasn't picked up her outgoing.

I told her to get in her car, drive to the post office, drop it in the slot and drive home. I promise that she won't come in contact with anyone or get sick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    There's been some of that on my app but for the most part I'm seeing more on Facebook.

One poor woman on Nextdoor is so afraid to leave her house she won't go drop her mail at the post office drive up box. She's concerned her bills are going to be late because she hasn't gotten mail in three days so her mailman hasn't picked up her outgoing.

I told her to get in her car, drive to the post office, drop it in the slot and drive home. I promise that she won't come in contact with anyone or get sick.
    Yeah, we have people like that here too. It's ridiculous. One guy started a thread on Nextdoor bitching that while he was out for a walk that a bicyclist came within 3 feet of him and the woman on the bike wasn't wearing a mask! He was freaking out. First off, masks are not required in Colorado by the governor (yet) and second, you aren't going to get the Wu Flu if someone walks past you less than 6 feet away, never mind a bike that is within 3 feet of you for a fraction of a second. And if you are that paranoid, stay the fuck home FFS. There are people spreading so many false rumors on there that people are afraid to go outside and then there's the Nazi faction that is monitoring everyone and what they do. Fucking ridiculous.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, we have people like that here too. It's ridiculous. One guy started a thread on Nextdoor bitching that while he was out for a walk that a bicyclist came within 3 feet of him and the woman on the bike wasn't wearing a mask! He was freaking out. First off, masks are not required in Colorado by the governor (yet) and second, you aren't going to get the Wu Flu if someone walks past you less than 6 feet away, never mind a bike that is within 3 feet of you for a fraction of a second. And if you are that paranoid, stay the fuck home FFS. There are people spreading so many false rumors on there that people are afraid to go outside and then there's the Nazi faction that is monitoring everyone and what they do. Fucking ridiculous.
    Yep, the media has done a great job scaring everyone half to death. From what I've seen you need to be in close contact for prolonged periods and it isn't as transmittable from surfaces as it's made out to be. Some early reports are saying that like 80% of the people that have died have has some serious underlying conditions. Let alone that they are counting people with terminal illnesses as covid deaths and anyone that reports they are sick even if they haven't been tested.

Everyone's under the impression that this is going to just magically "go away" if we just lock down for another couple weeks. That's just not the case. The whole point of the lockdown was just to not overwhelm hospitals and to slow it down until we can get some effective treatments and adequate testing. They say that up to 80% of the population is going to get this sooner or later regardless of what we do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Relatively peaceful where I am, except some dude came out of his apartment drive and almost ran me over on the footpath. I slapt the back of his car hard and he stopped and we exchanged a bit of an earful