vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Not Funny Lakers' Lamar Odom Involved In Car Accident That Killed Teen

Lamar Odom accident: Odom, Khloe Kardashian tweet sorrow, anger
    July 19, 2011 | 9:18 am
    LA Times

Lamar Odom, recently involved in a fatal car accident in New York, and wife Khloe Kardashian took their condolences to Twitter for the family of the 15-year-old killed.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the young boys family..." the Lakers forward tweeted late Monday night.

Kardashian, who appeared on the reality television show with Odom, "Khloe & Lamar," also sent out various tweets, varying in tone and message.

Some were sympathetic over the incident: "My heart/soul goes out 2every1 in pain from any suffering ... Pray 4all of the angels surrounding us constantly. May our spirits stay strong."

Others seemed more angry and were directed toward unnamed readers who apparently suspected Odom and possibly Kardashian of being at fault: "Stop judging other people's lives that u know NOTHING about! My husband&I r in NY 4a funeral 4 his fam. Senseless violence is disgusting!! ... A family member of his was killed and some of the comments you are saying due to the fact I am off twitter today are disgusting."

Odom's publicist hasn't returned multiple phone calls asking for details about the incident. But Odom was reportedly in Queens, N.Y., to attend a cousin's funeral and was being driven by a chauffeur to a barbershop when the car struck and injured a motorcyclist and a pedestrian. Kardashian had also traveled with Odom but wasn't with him when the accident occurred.

The New York teenager reportedly suffered severe head injuries in the collision. He underwent emergency surgery in New York City but died of his injuries.

-- Mark Medina

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    bad luck, didn't do it at least...

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I wouldn't be surprised if Khloe & Lamar eventually get sued! I wouldn't put it past any ambulance chasing sleazy attorney!

Shelter Dweller Midnight_Beacon's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AntZ View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Khloe & Lamar eventually get sued! I wouldn't put it past any ambulance chasing sleazy attorney!
    I'm sure you're right. But he was being driven, not driving himself. I'm not sure they can get money from them for being just passengers.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Its the US, you can sue anyone for anything.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Beacon View Post
    I'm sure you're right. But he was being driven, not driving himself. I'm not sure they can get money from them for being just passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Its the US, you can sue anyone for anything.

You better believe it!

Do you guys remember that club fire, about 10 years ago, when an 80's heavy metal band was playing and the stage fireworks lit the club on fire and killed a large number of people and some of the band?

That had some examples of real stretches in trying to squeeze money out of people. Many of the dead peoples families filed a multimillion dollar lawsuit against Shell Oil Company for the deaths. People were puzzled how they were connected, then it was figured that it was because of the illegal flammable foam that was used in the club for sound dampening.

Nope!

It was because the owners of the club also had inherited a Shell gas station franchise that was in their family, it was found that someone had put a little stack of ad. cards next to the cash register announcing the old 80's band was coming to the club.

Station nightclub fire
    Main article: The Station nightclub fire

The band returned to the national spotlight on 20 February 2003. At the beginning of a Great White performance at The Station night club in Rhode Island, pyrotechnics used by the band's crew created a spray of sparks that ignited the foam soundproofing material in the ceiling around the stage. One hundred people including the band's guitarist Ty Longley, died in the fire that followed. In 2008 the band agreed to pay $1 million to survivors and victims' relatives of the fire while admitting to no wrongdoing.[14] This amount also covers former tour manager Daniel Biechele along with the band members, record label, and management as it existed at the time of the fire.[14] The settlement was the maximum allowed under the band's insurance plan.[14] Victims had previously received $3.8 million raised by United Way of America.[15]

Though the media referred to the band as "Great White" following the tragedy in Rhode Island, the band was officially performing under the moniker of "Jack Russell's Great White" at the time of the incident.[16] In fact, prior to the fire, the band's official website posted a message stating that Great White had not re-formed.[17] It's unclear when the band began officially going by "Great White" again.

Great White played their first full show following the Rhode Island tragedy on 22 July, starting a benefit tour for the survivors and victims of the fire.[18] The band toured until 2005 to raise funds for the Station Family Fund, which had been set up to help the victims of the tragedy. In late 2005, citing "medical reasons", the band canceled the second half of their summer tour.
    Last edited by AntZ; 07-28-2011 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    "Stop judging other people's lives that u know NOTHING about! My husband&I r in NY 4a funeral 4 his fam. Senseless violence is disgusting!! ... A family member of his was killed and some of the comments you are saying due to the fact I am off twitter today are disgusting."
    I feel dumber for having read that.

"My husband&I r in NY 4a funeral 4 his fam"... Wow.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    haha! IT took me longer to read that sentence than the whole of the rest of the thread