Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump's disinfectant coronavirus suggestion horrifies medics, leaves some Americans confused

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I have no idea what he's doing. Do you know why he was bringing up people being injected or eating disinfectant?

He's the leader of the free world. You know this stuff reverberates all around the world.

P. S. The most likely idiots to start injecting disinfectant would be his supporters, surely?
    First, you know he didn't say that. But hyperbole aside, the reverberation is not the direct words of the President, it's the coverage and interpretation. Which you also already know.

I don't think anyone is going to inject disinfectant. That's more hyperbole designed to feed the confirmation bias.

Why would he even bring it up? I'm going for his masterful ability to own the news cycle every single day - love him or hate him, everyone is talking about him. I'll assume he wanted a distraction to change the subject, but I am not as skilled with persuasion techniques.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And by the way, the UV light treatment he WAS talking about is real and actively being tested.

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), Griffin (04-25-2020), KevinD (04-25-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    So scientists at Cedars-Sinai are using injectable disenfectants, interesting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

P. S. The most likely idiots to start injecting disinfectant would be his supporters, surely?
    The idiots that drank fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it were leftists.

And the people that watch the networks like msnbc that are non stop feeding misinformation are mostly leftists.
    Last edited by Pony; 04-25-2020 at 03:51 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), KevinD (04-25-2020), RBP (04-25-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-25-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    If it's reported by the TDS News Networks, then it is all 100% true

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Trump Derangement Syn Gutfeld: Media reaction to Trump's 'injection' comment shows industry 'mobilized by offhand comments'

By Charles Creitz | Fox News

"The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld reacted Friday to the media accusing President Trump of suggesting Americans inject caustic chemical disinfectants into their bodies to fight coronavirus.

"I mean, 1,000 days with Trump as president and we still have an entire industry mobilized by an offhand comment," Gutfeld said, later adding "How can any adult believe seriously believe that he was saying, 'Hey, people should inject Clorox into their body'?"

Trump said Friday that he was being sarcastic when he made the statement during Thursday's White House coronavirus task force briefing. Following a presentation on the effects of sunlight, heat and humidity as well as surface disinfectants on the coronavirus, the president said: "Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number, so it will be interesting to check that.

So [for] that, you're going to have to use medical doctor," Trump added. "But it sounds, it sounds interesting to me. So we'll see."

Gutfeld said Friday that Trump's remarks could be treated as being potentially "off-the-cuff" or "sarcasm" and questioned whether serious adults actually believe the president was advising "injecting Clorox into people."

Gutfeld said some people have a "pre-existing condition" to believe the worst spin on whatever the president says or does.

"I would challenge the media one day to look at somebody they don't like and try to assume the best of their comments," he said, incredulously noting that some news outlets took the time to interview experts about whether injecting people with chemical solvents is advisable.

"This is actually a news cycle," he said. As other stuff is going on. This is hilarious.".

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), RBP (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Fake News Media Claims Calls To Poison Control Have Increased Due To Trump’s ‘Disinfectant’ Comments. That’s Not True.

By Ashe Schow - The Daily Wire

After President Donald Trump’s Thursday comments regarding UV light and disinfectant went viral (with left-wing pundits and media outlets claiming he told people to inject themselves with disinfectant and drink bleach), multiple news agencies reported local spikes in calls to poison control. As with the inflated claims about what Trump said, the idea that people started injecting themselves with household cleaner were overblown and falsified.

For example, the New York Daily News reported there was an unusually high number of New Yorkers contacted city health authorities over fears that they had ingested bleach or other household cleaners in the 18 hours that followed President Trump’s bogus claim that injecting such products could cure coronavirus.”

As Reason’s Elizabeth Nolan Brown reported, however, that was not the case.

“[T]he article makes no mention of anyone deliberately consuming household cleaners. It simply states that 30 people called the city’s poison control hotline ‘over fears that they had ingested bleach or other household cleaners,’” Nolan Brown reported. “Fearing that you ingested something doesn’t jibe with having intentionally consumed that substance.”

Further, the Daily News reporters compare the number of calls this year to those during the same period last year – when people weren’t using household cleaners as stringently as they are now and thus not risking as much exposure.

“[O]ne needn’t do a detailed analysis to surmise why exposure to things like Lysol and bleach—and fears about this exposure—might be up this month over April 2019. And one needn’t reach for the ridiculous explanation that it’s because people deliberately consumed it en masse after listening to Trump. We are in the midst of a pandemic right now and we were not in April 2019. Of course more people are being exposed to household disinfectants at the moment than were during this time last year,” Nolan Brown wrote.

The Daily News also noted that no one died or needed to be hospitalized after calling into Poison Control, which Nolan Brown said suggested “their exposure was minimal and not of the Lysol-mouthwash variety.”

Other media outlets used the number of calls to Poison Control in March to knock Trump, Nolan Brown reported. An article from WDRB about a “spike” in calls to Poison Control was published the day after Trump’s comments, and while it doesn’t specifically mention those comments, it does include a video that tacks what Trump said onto the end of the same report. Further, the numbers included in WDRB’s report are from March, long before Trump’s April 23 briefing.

WCIA in Illinois also blamed Trump for two calls to the state’s Poison Control hotline for misusing cleaning products. The outlet mentioned Illinois Poison Control spokesperson Danny Chun flat out saying the calls were nothing new and that calls to the hotline had increased by 36% during the pandemic.

Fox 5 in Baltimore also decided to publish an article the day after Trump’s comments about an increase in calls to Poison Control, which included information from “the past six weeks.”

The CDC also released a report this week about increased exposure to harmful toxins through the increased use of household cleaners, and people have used the report to hit Trump, even though the CDC’s data stops at March 31, Nolan Brown reported.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-25-2020), RBP (04-25-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    First, you know he didn't say that. But hyperbole aside, the reverberation is not the direct words of the President, it's the coverage and interpretation. Which you also already know.

I don't think anyone is going to inject disinfectant. That's more hyperbole designed to feed the confirmation bias.

Why would he even bring it up? I'm going for his masterful ability to own the news cycle every single day - love him or hate him, everyone is talking about him. I'll assume he wanted a distraction to change the subject, but I am not as skilled with persuasion techniques.
    “we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And by the way, the UV light treatment he WAS talking about is real and actively being tested.

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

Ok, so he wasn't being sarcastic?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks Scott for telling us how it is. Where would the world be without your profound declarations of how we are to interpret meaning. And of course we can apply that to all the leftists comments as well

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    So scientists at Cedars-Sinai are using injectable disenfectants, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    The idiots that drank fish tank cleaner because it had chloroquine in it were leftists.

And the people that watch the networks like msnbc that are non stop feeding misinformation are mostly leftists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    If it's reported by the TDS News Networks, then it is all 100% true

Meanwhile...

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Interpreting his comments as suggesting people inject/ingest household disinfectants, and then lying about people actually doing it, is nothing but cognitive distortion. I'm not sure that there's anything more for me to say.

As for the chart, are infection numbers relevant at this point? We already know the infection numbers are going to continue to climb and comparative statistics are not pure, but tied to testing levels. There was never an expectation of lowering infection numbers and I suspect if the chart went the other way, people so inclined would argue the opposite as proof of the same complaint.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    He can't admit that he was wrong. He honestly believes he's right.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You guys win. I'm literally too exhausted to try and understand how you think