Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Island: Octagon on the beach, world class facilities and the best fighters

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

UFC/MMA UFC Fight Island: Octagon on the beach, world class facilities and the best fighters

By Joshua Peck - The Daily Star

UFC president Dana White has spoken about plans to host fight shows on a ‘Fight Island’ with hopes of having it up and running in June.

The rescheduled UFC 249 takes place this weekend in Jacksonville, Florida, with three more shows expected this month.

White plans to expand UFC are then expected to betaken to a whole new level with a proposed fight island with the chief saying: “Fight Island should be up and running in June. So I should be able to start running international events in June.”

It is unknown as to where the island will be, though White has revealed that setting an Octagon up on the beach is possible.

He added: “We really are putting an octagon on the beach. There's going to be training facilities there for people.

“There are hotels. And the whole island is going to be built, all the infrastructure is going to be built for the UFC to come do fights there.”

Top fighters are expected to fight at the complex, wherever it will be, with Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz both linked with potential bouts.

The pair have already fought twice and McGregor is expected to fight again this summer having beaten Donald Cerrone in January.

Indeed White has revealed that McGregor wants to fight on the island, saying: “Conor's been ready to fight for a while. He's in shape. He's ready to go.

“First of all, 'Fight Island' is going to be very important in any of these fights that are happening with people from outside the country.

“He and I were texting. He's asking me what date can I fight on 'Fight Island' and will there be fans. Conor's asking me, Conor wants to fight.

“It kills me to do a fight with Conor without fans. Kills me. This guy's doing almost $20million gates.

“We're not talking about a specific opponent but he wants to fight. He wants to fight, it sounds like he wants to fight in June and he's asking if there would be fans there.

“There would not be fans and the fight would be either mid-June or end of June.”

Tony Ferguson could also be set for a bout on the island though will first face Justin Gaethje this weekend.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Khabib.. Im not sure that guy can be beat.. Fuggin' Russians, you can beat them in the head over and over and they just wont go out..

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    outside of US regulations?

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Khabib.. Im not sure that guy can be beat.. Fuggin' Russians, you can beat them in the head over and over and they just wont go out..
    Its disappointing seeing Khabib get on the "I want to beat Gaethje and then have GSP for my final match of my career" when 4 months ago he was sitting there saying he absolutely has to beat Tony Ferguson in order to cement his legacy as the best ever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Muddy (07-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Lando & Bobby, great fuggin match last night!

Shabazyan was looking really good until he got poked in the eye and took a shitload of huge shots from which his brain did not unfog.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    black beast becomes ufc heavyweight with most ko victories by beating down old man olenik..../joeydiazvoice "43's too old to be in there, dog".....black beast looked awesome and in the best shape I've ever seen him, withstood some of olenik's signature chokings at the end of the first before coming out with guns blazing in the second, once one lands its kinda basically all over in that situation.

speaking of old men, weidman got a win back at middleweight, he was smart not to strike with that dude, but not the most entertaining

pitolo vs stewart was excellent stand up but cut short by 1st round guillotine win from stewart....was hoping for more entertainments from that match

kunitskaya is absolutely boring to watch, leave the room and go do something interesting if she's on

dariush with the spinning backfist forearm ko, good shit, I like seeing jj guys go for broke because they dont care if they get taken down

kevin holland had a great mouthpiece spitting ko of buckley

haqparast got some fisticuffs too

sanchez had a good ko of turman, mullet power adds something to fists apparently

zalal landed this insane spin kick to the jaw of that boston guy, I cant believe barrett withstood that and went the distance. still lost, but man, it was such a sweet contact it was just shocking to see him not get tko'd

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    its pretty funny that fighters are actually taking things from the UFC video games and using them...

Baneil Dariush: My friend told me that my guy in the game has a really good spinning backfist, just try it a couple times and see if you can KO...

....he goes and spinning backfist KOs a motherfucker

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "Black Beast"..

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    "Black Beast"..
    Derrick Lewis is fkn awesome and absolutely hilarious! He fkn crotch thrusts the canvas when he wins and always says something great....like walt harris tweeted "I'm just here for the Derrick Lewis post fight interview"

https://www.instagram.com/thebeastufc/?hl=en

Last edited by FBD; 08-10-2020 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm familiar with him, his nickname just hits my funny bone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-10-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Luke Rockhold is coming back again....cmon bro the last time I saw you, you had such an old man chin it wasnt even funny

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    will be interesting to watch Sean OMalley vs Cheeto Vera on saturday

dont really care about stipe vs cormier, cormier got lucky in their first match and stipe showed him what's what in the second one, I expect their trilogy match to be much like the second, cormier will start getting punched in the face a lot once he starts bringing his hands down to protect from his huge gut getting punched.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    first 2 matches were awesome, always good to see dudes trying to prove themselves. Yoder did a good job against that she-blanka from brazil. then I fell asleep and caught the last 3 matches...

Rozenstruik's matches tend to go like this:
    outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck ROSENSTRIKE match over

sugar sean vs cheeto was disappointing - Sean did some shuffle step attacks and one of them he caught up his foot on the canvas and wound up completely stepping on the top of his own foot, rolled it up shitty, and was unable to really move or fight, it was so bad that he couldnt even defend himself on the ground. Disappointing. and eye roll at cheeto for being all "yeah I kicked his ass"

cormier showed some great heart but didnt have it in him - he won the first round after poking stipe in the eye and towards the end of the round half dropped him with a punch, but in the second stipe took over and he rocked cormier hard and the bell saved him from defeat right there. third round cormier was fucked and stipe beat the shit out of him, and accidentally poked him back in the eye (or was that second rd, lol)....so of course when cormier gets on the mic with joe rogan its all about I cant see, all I see is black out of my eye right now....well buddy if it was that bad, the docs would have called the fight!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/ufc-p...onizing-police

UFC President Dana White Goes All In For Re-Electing Trump, Unloads On Those Demonizing Police

“I spoke at this convention four years ago, and I’m back because I believe we need President Trump’s leadership now more than ever,” White said. “Before the pandemic, President Trump built the greatest economy in our nation’s history and created opportunities for all Americans like no one before him. Financial markets hit all-time highs, unemployment was at an all-time low, and we weren’t facing the lawless destruction that now is occurring in a few of our great cities.”

“It blows my mind how quickly some of the leadership in this country has forgotten the critical role first responders play in our society,” White continued. “Police departments, and other law enforcement, even some fire departments have faced opposition from many in this country, but they are always the people who are asked to step up when things are at their worst, and put themselves at risk. That has certainly been the case during this ongoing pandemic. Come on, America. Defunding these vital positions is not the answer. The first responders have always taken care of us, and now more than ever, we need to take care of them.”

“Now, let’s talk about COVID, and let’s be very honest about it. No one person and no one place could have anticipated the challenges that COVID would bring,” White continued. “But President Trump has faced all these obstacles head on. He immediately put protective measures in place, and he reached out to the best and the brightest leading American businesses across all industries to discuss what he and his administration could do to get the economy back up and running safely.”

“Let me give you more detail,” White continued. “In early April, President Trump organized a task force of business leaders across the country, and I was fortunate enough to serve on that task force. Firsthand, I had the opportunity to witness how hardworking and determined President Trump was to solve unprecedented problems our country was facing. I personally observed his ability to listen and understand the issues impacting Americans of all backgrounds. It was clear. His highest priority was always the health and safety of everyone in our country—not just Republicans, not just supporters, but every single American. President Trump recognized that one of the small ways to instill a sense of normalcy in people’s lives was to bring back entertainment options.”

“The President went above and beyond to help all sports leagues involved figure out a way to overcome the challenges of staging live professional sporting events in the middle of a pandemic,” White said. “And you know what? We did it. The UFC was the first to do it, and we are continuing to do it. Now, other sports have joined us, and some of the lessons learned are being used to help re-open other types of businesses and schools.”

“Make no mistake about it. We still have a long way to go,” White continued. “And that is why we need a leader with President Trump’s unique attributes at this critical time. I have said it before, and I will say it again. He is one of the most loyal human beings I have ever met. The man has unstoppable energy. No one, and I mean no one, is going to outwork this guy. But most importantly, he truly loves and believes in our country. He believes in the people of this country. America is a place everyone wants a solid job. They want to take care of their family, they want to support the community, assist the less fortunate, and enjoy the freedom this country has provided to all of us. While we have certainly experienced a ton of negativity in 2020, President Trump’s mindset is to work tirelessly, to find solutions to problems, and help restore America.”

“I’d like to close with this,” White concluded. “While it’s critically important to re-elect President Trump, this pandemic has also taught us to be very, very careful who you select as your next governor, senator, congressperson, and mayor. It is so important to vote. And don’t think that your vote doesn’t matter, because to be honest with you, it has never mattered more than it does right now.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks