Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesters clash with Minneapolis cops after George Floyd’s death in police custody

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I agree with her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    They don't want to exonerate him, you don't really think this guy will get his day in court do you?
    I was more focused on the other police who still haven't been charged.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perrhaps View Post
    I was more focused on the other police who still haven't been charged.
    I'm confused about that too. I always thought/heard that if you were present during a murder, you could be charged with either accessory to murder or charged with murder just as if you had been the one that killed the victim.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’: Minneapolis police union chief

By Kate Sheehy - New York Post

The head of the Minneapolis police union says George Floyd’s “violent criminal history” needs to be remembered and that the protests over his death are the work of a “terrorist movement.”

“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

Floyd died last week after a white cop kneeled on the 46-year-old black man’s neck for nearly 9 minutes, a shocking incident that was caught on video and is sparking widespread violent protests, including in New York City. Floyd had allegedly just tried to pass a phony $20 bill before he died.

“This terrorist movement that is currently occurring was a long time build up which dates back years,” Kroll said in his letter of the protests, adding that some of his city’s issues exist because Minneapolis leaders have been “minimizing the size of our police force and diverting funds to community activists with an anti-police agenda.

“Our chief requested 400 more officers and was flatly denied any. This is what led to this record breaking riot,” he said.

The union chief vowed that his organization would help the cop accused of killing Floyd, now-fired Officer Derek Chauvin, and three other officers who were at the scene and are being investigated.

“I’ve worked with the four defense attorneys that are representing each of our four terminated individuals under criminal investigation, in addition with our labor attorneys to fight for their jobs. They were terminated without due process,” Kroll wrote.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Sad Minnesota newspaper lists over 360 local businesses destroyed by riots

By Brian Flood | Fox News

Minnesota’s Star Tribune newspaper published a list of over 360 businesses across the Twin Cities that have been “vandalized, looted or had doors and windows smashed” in the wake of violent protest over the tragic death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.

“Some have been reduced to rubble, and at least 66 have been destroyed completely by fire. Others have reported extensive water damage or severe fire damage,” the paper’s staff wrote.

The staggering list will continually update as the Star Tribune learns about additional businesses, and includes maps pinpointing exactly where each business is located. It includes everything from local small businesses that were destroyed to major retails chains such as Target. It specifies the damage to each business, noting everything from smashed windows to buildings completely destroyed by fire.

“While this is an incomplete list, businesses along a 5-mile stretch of Lake Street in Minneapolis and a 1-mile stretch of University Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area have experienced some of the heaviest damage, especially those nearest Minneapolis' Third and Fifth police precincts,” the paper wrote. “As protests spread across the metro, many larger companies with multiple locations have temporarily or indefinitely closed, including several CVS and 24 Target locations.”

The catalog of damage includes over 60 businesses that were destroyed altogether, while others have been looted and defaced with graffiti. The paper notes a local liquor store is closed “indefinitely” because of significant property damage, while a looter “tried to drive [a] car through” a local hardware store.

The Star Tribune also listed nonprofits, community organizations and churches that are collecting donations and coordinating cleanup efforts across the area so that citizens can help repair the city.

Floyd died in police custody last week and protests have unfolded throughout the nation, with many demonstrations turning violent. There has been significant damage in major cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C., in addition to Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Video taken of Floyd's arrest showed former police officer Derek Chauvin, 44, kneeling on Floyd's neck for eight minutes, 46 seconds, including nearly three minutes after Floyd stopped moving and talking. He could be heard on video saying "I can't breathe" numerous times.

Chauvin was arrested last Friday and charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

An independent autopsy report prepared for Floyd's family – and an updated autopsy report from the county medical examiner – declared his death to be a homicide, according to the results released Monday.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I wonder how many of those business owners are thankful because now they can collect insurance after all they lost from the covid shutdown?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Ok, I'm just gonna say this right now: I don't give a shit about Floyd's past. It's irrelevant. It has absolutely no bearing on any of the recent events whatsoever. Bringing up his past and smearing his name is just going to incite more rioting and looting. Regardless of his past, he did not deserve to be murdered by those police officers. The only thing that I can think of where this matters is the idea that Floyd was known to the police and somehow he pissed them off in such a way that has yet to be uncovered, that would lead the police to want him dead. But now we're getting into conspiracy theories that I really don't feel like entertaining, because there are a mess of conspiracy theories surrounding this already that are a little more plausible. Antifa bigwigs, Biden and China, and all that stuff.

And what the hell does losing your job have to do with due process of law? Being terminated from your job doesn't involve courts, unless you were unfairly terminated, which these idiots were not.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-03-2020), perrhaps (06-04-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Ok, I'm just gonna say this right now: I don't give a shit about Floyd's past. It's irrelevant. It has absolutely no bearing on any of the recent events whatsoever. Bringing up his past and smearing his name is just going to incite more rioting and looting. Regardless of his past, he did not deserve to be murdered by those police officers. The only thing that I can think of where this matters is the idea that Floyd was known to the police and somehow he pissed them off in such a way that has yet to be uncovered, that would lead the police to want him dead. But now we're getting into conspiracy theories that I really don't feel like entertaining, because there are a mess of conspiracy theories surrounding this already that are a little more plausible. Antifa bigwigs, Biden and China, and all that stuff.

And what the hell does losing your job have to do with due process of law? Being terminated from your job doesn't involve courts, unless you were unfairly terminated, which these idiots were not.
    I agree...just putting it out there so everyone understands why the riots start to pick back up again.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think George W posted very well.
    He was trying healing words.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Brian Flood | Fox News

Picture makes it look like a flamethrower, class pic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    I think George W posted very well.
    He was trying healing words.
    Nobody cares about healing words.. These fuck-sticks just want malice.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Per TMZ, the cop that was arrested is now facing an upgraded charge of second degree murder, this coming from US Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)