Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesters clash with Minneapolis cops after George Floyd’s death in police custody

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,098 Times in 59,908 Posts

Not Funny Rioters Set Fire To Home With Child Inside, Then Block Firefighters’ Access; Emotional Police Chief Details Incident

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

On Saturday, Richmond Police Chief Will Smith was overcome with emotion detailing one of the worst acts of violence carried out in the city during the previous night’s rioting, ostensibly over the death of George Floyd.

According to Smith, rioters set fire to an occupied multi-family residence with a child inside, then repeatedly blocked firefighters’ access to the scene.

Thankfully, officers found a way to secure access and saved the family, including the child.

“One incident that is particularly poignant, that truly illustrates the seriousness of the issues we’re facing,” Smith told reporters. “Protesters intentionally set a fire to an occupied building on [West] Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to in the last two days.”

“They prohibited us from getting on scene,” the police chief continued. “We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department.”

“Protesters intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire,” Smith said. “Inside that home was a child.”

“Officers were able to –,” Smith attempted to continue, though he was overcome with emotion, “help those people out of the house.”

“We were able to get the fire department there safely,” the emotional police chief added.

“When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me,” Smith stated firmly, “it’s unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department, unacceptable to the city of Richmond.”

Protests began popping up across the nation on Tuesday over the death of Floyd, a black man who died after a police officer had his knee on the 46-year-old’s neck for over eight minutes during an arrest, as shown in viral video footage.

“An eight-minute clip filmed by a person on the street shows Floyd telling police he can’t breathe and begging the cop on top of him to stop before he falls unconscious,” The Daily Wire reported Tuesday. “Officer Derek Chauvin was identified as the officer who knelt on Floyd’s neck outside Cup Foods on Chicago Avenue and East 38th Street.”

“He’s not even resisting arrest right now, bro,” one bystander is heard telling the officers, according to the video. “You’re f***ing stopping his breathing right now, you think that’s cool?”

The protests quickly turned ugly; arson, looting, and violence spiked in places like Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York City, Rochester, Richmond, and other cities.

Since the incident, all four officers involved in the arrest have been fired, investigations from the FBI and state law enforcement have been opened, and, on Friday, the officer at the center of the incident was taken into custody.

WATCH:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I hope they find them and arrest them for attempted murder, and whatever else they can throw at them.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    They have to do something because otherwise what do you do? Let the rioters burn the entire city to the ground and loot every store in the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Curfews have one purpose. Tell the law abiding citizens to self identify and stay off the street. The rest are police targets.
    I think I agree. It's a broad stroke, but what else can you do?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If the looters and rioters are in one area, then imposing a curfew on the outskirts where nothing's happening at all is bullshit. The police firing paint cannisters at people on their porches was bullshit. Put the police where they're needed and leave the rest of the people alone, protesters included, because peaceful protesting is covered under the 1st amendment. They have a right to be out there and be heard.
    They do have the right to be heard, but perhaps In the interest of safety for everyone they can make their point during the day?

having said that, that video you posted was one of the most disturbing I've seen. Bloody scary. But we don't know the context...

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    They do have the right to be heard, but perhaps In the interest of safety for everyone they can make their point during the day?

having said that, that video you posted was one of the most disturbing I've seen. Bloody scary. But we don't know the context...
    You don't understand, the same complaint we have about the Coronavirus lockdown applies here: The government has no right to prevent people from leaving their homes. They have no right to use any kind of force or intimidation tactics on the citizens of the USA. They can make suggestions to the general public as to how best to approach these situations, but they absolutely cannot force the law abiding citizens to do something that's against their will.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    You don't understand, the same complaint we have about the Coronavirus lockdown applies here: The government has no right to prevent people from leaving their homes. They have no right to use any kind of force or intimidation tactics on the citizens of the USA. They can make suggestions to the general public as to how best to approach these situations, but they absolutely cannot force the law abiding citizens to do something that's against their will.
    Well, I don't fully agree, but I do admire your non-partisan integrity.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Godfather (06-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

Pro Tip

Inspiring Advice from the Leader of the Free World

“You have to dominate,” “If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time - they’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks.”
    "You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again."
    "If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them,"
    "We're doing it in Washington, DC. We're going to do something that people haven't seen before."

I also found out the reason for the violent police rush in D.C. ( where they batoned 2 of our reporters ).

A church was being cleared for this uplifting picture:

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He bloviates a lot, but he's like most politicians: he doesn't know what the Constitution says, or currently standing law, for that matter. That's why they all have so many aids, to pull them back from junk like this and say, "Um, sir, you actually can't do that. Law number XXXXX, section xxxabc forbids it". The Posse Comitatus act forbids the use of military in law enforcement roles against US citizens. The worst they can do is use the National Guard and the Coast Guard, but that's what they're there for to begin with. However, it's generally accepted that individual state governors call in the National Guard, the President rarely, if ever, sends them in himself. Mike DeWine of Ohio called the National Guard into Cleveland a day or two ago, I believe. And the President can't determine length of sentence by himself, that's what the judiciary's for. Violators have to be arrested, arraigned and charged, tried, and convicted, then sentenced like everybody else.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 06-02-2020 at 01:55 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perrhaps View Post
    Well, Trump's made it official. We now live in a (with a nod to his physique) Banana-Split Republic.

On a less satirical note, has it occurred to anyone else here how odd it is that none of the lawyers for the four policemen haven't crowed about how the bodycam recordings will exonerate one or more of the policemen? You know full well that if any of the recordings showed anything in even a remotely-favorable light to the police that the City or Police Union would have released them. The excuse that they can't be disclosed due to an ongoing investigation wouldn't hold any water if any of the officers demanded the release of his recording to exonerate him.

It seems to me that one of two possibilities exist here. First, the officers turned off the bodycams in an effort to destroy evidence and/or the bodycams are going to be so damning that protests are going to start all over again when they're released.
    They don't want to exonerate him, you don't really think this guy will get his day in court do you?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Mysterious stashes of bricks are being found near protest sites and social media users are asking where they came from

https://www.theblaze.com/news/myster...ricks-protests

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-03-2020), lost in melb. (06-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    In all seriousness - hope none of you are affected by any of this, looks fucking crazy over there at the minute

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-03-2020), lost in melb. (06-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My ex just texted me, literally 5 minutes ago, pleading with me not to go back to the US

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    My ex just texted me, literally 5 minutes ago, pleading with me not to go back to the US
    I agree with her.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Goofy (06-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks