#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Fail MSNBC Reporter Tries To Shame Man For Not Wearing Mask, It Backfires

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

During a Tuesday segment on MSNBC, reporter Cal Perry and anchor Katy Tur were apparently stunned by folks in Wisconsin allegedly unconcerned about their safety because most were not wearing masks outside.

As Perry attempted to shame one massless Wisconsin man, however, he quickly pointed out that the MSNBC cameraman was also not wearing a mask, humiliating Perry.

“Are the people there just not worried about it, Cal? Are they just not worried about their own personal safety?” Tur asked the correspondent, apparently amazed at Wisconsin citizens’ behavior.

“I haven’t met anybody who is,” Perry responded.

“I met some folks actually from Lake Geneva who lived in the area, they were staying a few miles outside of town … and they said they’re worried about it, they’re worried about that second spike, they’re worried about folks coming in from Chicago,” he continued.

“But they’ll quickly add, at the same time, this is a place that relies on that business.”

“You can see here, just around, nobody is wearing them,” Perry said, gesturing toward a local man with no mask.

“Including your cameraman,” the man shot back.

“Yeah, there ya go, including the cameraman, yeah,” a stunned Perry responded, before tossing up his arms and throwing the wrecked segment back to Tur.

All Tur could muster: “Striking images.”

The issue of masks, especially outdoors, has folks divided. Initially, visible health experts warned non-medical personnel not to wear masks, stating that they are essentially useless when it comes to protecting yourself from contracting COVID-19.

“Wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your chances of getting a disease. It can also give you a false sense of security,” U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams said at the end of March.

“What the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks,” Adams continued.

“Here’s why: on an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students, and medical students wearing surgical masks touched their face on average 23 times,” he said. “We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face. So wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your chances of getting a disease. It can also give you a false sense of security; if you’ve seen many of these pictures of people out and about closer than six feet to each other but still wearing a mask.”

Adams also noted that N-95s masks have to get fitted, and did not recommend them for the general public. “As a medical professional, I can’t just go out and wear an N-95; I have to make sure it’s properly fitted and I have the right size in order for it to work properly,” he said.

However, leading voices on the White House Coronavirus Task Force are now in support of masks where folks cannot “social distance.”

WATCH:

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I see about 1 in 4 wearing masks around here. We never had a total lockdown. Spring hunting season was open. The lakes and rivers had people fishing on them. When it got warm enough the rivers where covered with canoes and kayaks.When driving through remote areas,you'd see campsites scattered wherever possible. Camping areas in government parks were closed but hiking trails were still open for the most part.
    We are still listed 38th total cases by state but do you think it's coincidence we are 34th in population?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-27-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I see about 1 in 4 wearing masks around here. We never had a total lockdown. Spring hunting season was open. The lakes and rivers had people fishing on them. When it got warm enough the rivers where covered with canoes and kayaks.When driving through remote areas,you'd see campsites scattered wherever possible. Camping areas in government parks were closed but hiking trails were still open for the most part.
    We are still listed 38th total cases by state but do you think it's coincidence we are 34th in population?
    Depending where you go, I would say it's about 50/50 with people wearing masks. It seems like at some stores there are far more people wearing them than at other stores. And there are some stores that are requiring them (which I no longer will patronize until that policy is rescinded). The city of Denver requires them, but even driving thru downtown, not everyone is wearing one. Colorado ranks 17th in cases and we are 21st in population, so pretty close to as one would expect.

If you take away New York and New Jersey, which count for more than 40% of all deaths, there are less than 60K fatalities in the US. Yet the entire country had to be locked down in one form or another.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts