Thread: ‘Star Wars’ actor John Boyega slams ‘racist white people’ in reaction to George Floyd death

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Not Racist ‘Star Wars’ actor John Boyega slams ‘racist white people’ in reaction to George Floyd death

By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

British actor John Boyega sounded off on social media, apparently in response to the George Floyd death in Minnesota and the Central Park “Karen” incident in New York City.

“F--- you racist white people,” the star of three “Star Wars” films says in a video that also includes a graphic sexual reference.

“I said what I said,” the actor adds.

Boyega repeats the sentiment in a separate Twitter message

“I really f---ing hate racists,” the actor writes.

In a subsequent message, Boyega shares that his mother responded to his messages.

“Good boy,” Boyega quotes his mother as saying.

He also blasted “Twitter academics” for "making something out of nothing" criticizing his remarks.

Boyega, 28, starred as Finn in the “Star Wars” films “The Force Awakens,” in 2015, “The Last Jedi,” in 2017, and “The Rise of Skywalker,” in 2019.

His other roles including appearing as Moses in “Attack the Block,” in 2011.

Back on New Year’s Eve, Boyega drew backlash for a crude comment he made in an Instagram video.

“My boy after realizing Kylo died so he can date Rey,” a different user wrote, referring to two “Star Wars” characters.

“It’s not about who she kisses but who eventually lays the pipe. You are a genius,” Boyega responded.

“Laying the pipe,” a crude slang reference to sexual intercourse, prompted social media users to call out Boyega for the comment.

Boyega defended the comment in subsequent references, referring to one commented as “an idiot.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

I don't recognize him or any of the other non-OT actors as "Star Wars" actors. I don't recognize the sequel trilogy as Star Wars.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I don't know who he is either. Hard to workout his point... I found the vid of that dude being suffocated highly disturbing

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

I don't recognize him or any of the other non-OT actors as "Star Wars" actors. I don't recognize the sequel trilogy as Star Wars.
    You need to get woke

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    #NotMyStarWars

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I don't know who he is either. Hard to workout his point... I found the vid of that dude being suffocated highly disturbing
    It is disturbing. There may or may not have been racism involved. Not that it makes a difference, but the courts should be left to determine that. The real issue is, that most people aren't getting (and keep in mind, I'm a descendant of a law enforcement family), that some police are separating themselves from the rest of the population. They've developed an "us vs them" attitude and have put themselves above the citizens that they're employed to protect and serve. It's a job, not a social status above. And because some of the police believe this, they think they can get away with the same lawless behavior that they're employed to enforce the laws that forbid. Granted it's a dangerous job, but it doesn't give them the right to violate people's basic rights to life and liberty. If they didn't want to face that danger, then they should have become florists.

Do you know what this guy was being arrested for? Passing bad checks. That's it. Two officers had him on the ground (which in and of itself was ridiculous, because they had him cuffed before they put him on the ground, the video showed it), and afterward, the third decided to put his knee with his entire body weight on top of his neck. If he was resisting, all they had to do was just drag him by the legs to the police cruiser, or at the very worst, hog tie his legs to make him easier to move. But the knee and body weight on his neck was excessive, unnecessary, and ultimately what killed the guy. So basically, he was murdered for passing bad checks.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 05-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-28-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (05-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Yeah, it's common to hear about this sort of thing but when you think about the size of the United States it's arguably a small minority.

I've mostly had good interactions with police here, even when I've done the wrong thing. But probably one time in 15 or 20 the guy's a real a****** and often that's the one you remember, unfortunately

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    It is disturbing. There may or may not have been racism involved. Not that it makes a difference, but the courts should be left to determine that. The real issue is, that most people aren't getting (and keep in mind, I'm a descendant of a law enforcement family), that some police are separating themselves from the rest of the population. They've developed an "us vs them" attitude and have put themselves above the citizens that they're employed to protect and serve. It's a job, not a social status above. And because some of the police believe this, they think they can get away with the same lawless behavior that they're employed to enforce the laws that forbid. Granted it's a dangerous job, but it doesn't give them the right to violate people's basic rights to life and liberty. If they didn't want to face that danger, then they should have become florists.

Do you know what this guy was being arrested for? Passing bad checks. That's it. Two officers had him on the ground (which in and of itself was ridiculous, because they had him cuffed before they put him on the ground, the video showed it), and afterward, the third decided to put his knee with his entire body weight on top of his neck. If he was resisting, all they had to do was just drag him by the legs to the police cruiser, or at the very worst, hog tie his legs to make him easier to move. But the knee and body weight on his neck was excessive, unnecessary, and ultimately what killed the guy. So basically, he was murdered for passing bad checks.
    I was talking to one of my black friends and explaining to him that sensible white people were also feeling pain from this incident.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-28-2020), lost in melb. (05-28-2020)